• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnauzer

I tried arena again. I think I really should give up on Arena.

No epics or legendary. All common and junk commons to boot you hope you never see.

This time I choose a paladin with no weapons. I got tons of 3 secret choices. Go me.

wiibomb

No epics or legendary. All common and junk commons to boot you hope you never see.

This time I choose a paladin with no weapons. I got tons of 3 secret choices. Go me.

you are doing it wrong if you think you need epics or legendaries in arena to win, I have at most 1 epic in all my runs and I usually end up at 4-5 wins on average (one time i ended up at 9).

commons and rares are usually enough if you know how to chose them, if you don't know, use apps like heartharena that help a lot in how good is a card in arena (which is usually vastly different from constructed)

and that comes close to sending death threats because of delays?

I would be shocked if HS players haven't sent death threats TBH.

Yeah, a big chunk of the community are really really bad.
But it happens to all "big" games, so there's not much you can do.

Very true. As usual it's a lot better here than in big general purpose discussion forums. I still think people overreacted pretty strongly to these comments though and the current meta is pretty entertaining.

The more I play PvZ Heroes, the more I think Hearthstone's biggest problem is the core structure of the game allowing the attacker to choose the target of everything that attacks. PvZ's lane based approach seems so elegant by comparison

Miletius

It's super helpful, at least at first, to use some sort of Arena Calculator like Hearth Arena to tell you which cards to pick. With that, and practice, most decks can make it pretty far -- watching arena streamers can help in that regard, especially those that explain their choices.

Don't give up! Arena is super fun most of the time. It sucks when you get a bad deck, but it happens to everybody.

Schnauzer

you are doing it wrong if you think you need epics or legendaries in arena to win, I have at most 1 epic in all my runs and I usually end up at 4-5 wins on average (one time i ended up at 9).

commons and rares are usually enough if you know how to chose them, if you don't know, use apps like heartharena that help a lot in how good is a card in arena (which is usually vastly different from constructed)

I hear what you are saying, but this is horrible.

ooh. 3 secrets again. Never a weapon or spell choice.

:-/ Honestly made me want to cry.

its so stupid the choose one cards don't show up when u search your collection for 'beast'. would make editing my wonky zoobot decks much less annoying

Blizzard

Banned
I quite liked this week's brawl. Premade decks, lots of crazy legendaries to play with, and a free pack.

My free pack gave me Gruul, a neutral legendary! I don't know if he's good though. That's my first random legendary drop I believe, assuming all players start the game with a legendary.

wiibomb

I hear what you are saying, but this is horrible.

ooh. 3 secrets again. Never a weapon or spell choice.

:-/ Honestly made me want to cry.

you need to focus on minions, make the best choice of minions you are offered, most of the time a game in arena is won by the value minions.

I quite liked this week's brawl. Premade decks, lots of crazy legendaries to play with, and a free pack.

My free pack gave me Gruul, a neutral legendary! I don't know if he's good though. That's my first random legendary drop I believe, assuming all players start the game with a legendary.

Unfortunately for you (and me, that was one of my first Legendaries too), Gruul is one of the worsts ones in the game, too slow and costly to make a difference in a game.

also, may be you started with a legendary because of C'Thun, but that is a promotion from WOTG, it won't be forever

Blizzard

Banned
Unfortunately for you (and me, that was one of my first Legendaries too), Gruul is one of the worsts ones in the game, too slow and costly to make a difference in a game.

also, may be you started with a legendary because of C'Thun, but that is a promotion from WOTG, it won't be forever
:( My first legendary was "the beast" which is apparently also awful, so I dusted it on advice from someone. Should I dust Gruul too?

Side note, I didn't know you could get 3 of the same card in an Arena deck!

This Brawl is good for crazy combos. Doomhammer and Naga Corsair for all the damage.

Was someone asking for a Pirate Warrior deck?

1 mana:
Southsea Deckhand
N'zoth's First Mate
Small Time Buccaneer
Patches
Sir Finley
Upgrade

2 mana:
Fiery War Axe
Heroic Strike

3 mana:
Bloodsail Cultist

4 mana:
Dread Corsair
Kor'kron Elite
Mortal Strike

5 mana:
Arcanite Reaper

That's 24. The remaining 6 can be filled out with:

Leeroy
Bloodsail Raider (kind of a meh option early since it's a 3/3 on curve, and if used later isn't hard to remove at 3HP)
Frothing Berserker (slow, but if left unchecked can be a monster)
Acidic Swamp Ooze (for mirror or Shaman)
Captain Greenskin (Naga Corsair is better)
Naga Corsair (good body, can be played on curve even without a weapon)
Southsea Captain (good if you have a board)
Argent Horserider (has reach and stickiness)
Protect the King (decent anti-aggro)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah, but what is the best card with no text? HUH?

My pick:
hearthstone-goblins-vs-gnomes-spider-tank.jpg

Ladekabel

Me: Chooses "Add two Demons to your hand" because it is the best option out of all the ones offered.

Two turns later I play the potion. Two random demons: two Malchezaar Imps.

wiibomb

:( My first legendary was "the beast" which is apparently also awful, so I dusted it on advice from someone. Should I dust Gruul too?

Side note, I didn't know you could get 3 of the same card in an Arena deck!

you should be careful with dusting cars, it is totally fine if you do, but first you should have a plan about what to do with that dust, for example craft some commons/rares to make yourself a good deck to continue.

also if you consider ever having a collection of cards, take in mind that dusting cards kills that idea.

yeah arena doesn't have a limit on the amount of cards, it also doesn't have a limit of format, so it works with wild cards, and t also has a good amount of exception of cards you can't get to chose (to balance arena)

Blizzard

Banned
you should be careful with dusting cars, it is totally fine if you do, but first you should have a plan about what to do with that dust, for example craft some commons/rares to make yourself a good deck to continue.

also if you consider ever having a collection of cards, take in mind that dusting cards kills that idea.

yeah arena doesn't have a limit on the amount of cards, it also doesn't have a limit of format, so it works with wild cards, and t also has a good amount of exception of cards you can't get to chose (to balance arena)
Why does dusting a legendary kill the collection idea, if it's a legendary that's really bad? Can I theoretically craft it again after dusting (though I know the cost will be higher)?

wiibomb

Why does dusting a legendary kill the collection idea, if it's a legendary that's really bad? Can I theoretically craft it again after dusting (though I know the cost will be higher)?

oh I'm just saying it because getting another Gruul is very unlikely and dusting it works against the idea of building a collection of cards, merely a collection point.

dusting will give you 400 dust, crafting it will take you 1600 dust, there is a big difference when crafting

Yeti the gawd.
Echanted raven though

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Best card with no text is actually The Ancient One.

The_Ancient_One%2835310%29.png

Nobody said it had to be collectible!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I am getting absolutely shit on in this tavern brawl. Like 0-5 right now. It just always feels like I never draw anything useful and everyone else has the exact cards they need.

just got Kun so I guess it's time to stop buying Gadgetzan since the only card left I want is Aya. Also a golden smuggler's run which is gorgeous.

I have my share of legendaries but for combo druid I'd have to craft Avianna and Alex and I'm not even close to 3.2k dust.

DSmalls84

just got Kun so I guess it's time to stop buying Gadgetzan since the only card left I want is Aya. Also a golden smuggler's run which is gorgeous.

I have my share of legendaries but for combo druid I'd have to craft Avianna and Alex and I'm not even close to 3.2k dust.

Kun is a solid card. I have tried running it instead of a second Ancient of War in Jade Druid and it works fine. Also did not want to craft Aviana to run the combo deck.

psyfi

Banned
I really fucking hate how the Djinni of Zephyrs can't attack in the current turn if you use Mind Control. As a Priest main, it's probably my biggest annoyance with the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Found that out a couple of weeks ago. I laughed hard as hell when I did it.

I was like "wtf...I guess he grew tired of this world"

That interaction is REALLY unintuitive. It's one of the things that will almost always catch out anyone who hasn't experienced it before. Even long time players might forget this one and get wrecked by it. It's hilarious to see the djnni Nope the fuck out like that, but it can ruin you on board haha.

Lyng

Just got a duplicate antonidas from brawl pack. I won't mind if they rotate him and give dust refunds now ;)

Also one of the few remaining unique things rogue can do. Not saying I disagree with you really.

Seems alot of us are getting legendaries from the brawl pack.
I got Nat Pagel :S
I remember when that was actually a auto include in all decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom