• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
By individual players on long-term tilt generalizing from their half-remembered anecdotal experience, obviously. That's typically the most prominent metagame analysis in HS as far as I can tell.
You just recently had an example where Wotc literally sugarcoated stats, it's not outlandish to presume Blizzard would do the same.
For another example this time involving another Blizzard game the stats they released were very much in line with statistics gathered through 3rd party tools in Heroes of the Storm.

Grief.exe

Speaking of dusting cards...

H2tiHnB.jpg

bjaelke

As we climb the ranks, “the big five” of Aggro Shaman, Pirate Warrior, Miracle Rogue, Reno Warlock and Reno Mage become more prevalent. As they face each other more often, something’s got to give. You can’t have 60% of the Meta boasting positive win rates in a competitive ladder environment, and it is apparent that the bleeding occurs with Miracle Rogue and Reno Warlock, as they are mostly on the losing end of these “big five” matchups. This is why the Power Rankings appear harsh. They do not care for a popularity contest or how strong decks are perceived to be: a deck is always measured by its opponents, not in a theoretical vacuum that is often meaningless in a ladder environment. Another interesting thing to note, Miracle Rogue performs worse at legend in all of these matchups at the moment (!).
http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-33/

Grief.exe

would you dust that one, though? I had the idea he is quite useful...

I would auto-dust any gold legendary since it'll get you any one legendary of your choice. I got decks to build yo!

I don't have Alex, Sylvanas, Leeroy, or Bloodmage so I have a long way to go before I can save some might-be-cool legendaries.

I'll probably craft Sylvanas since that could go in my Reno Lock and Reno Mage decks.

I don't have Patches either, but I prefer control/Reno play style.

Dahbomb

By individual players on long-term tilt generalizing from their half-remembered anecdotal experience, obviously. That's typically the most prominent metagame analysis in HS as far as I can tell.
No that's not the most prominent metagame analysis, this is:

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-24/

And Tempostorm was in agreement too. The statistics of the Midrange Shaman were very close to previous stats of Undertaker Hunter and Combo Druid (stats which Blizzard directly gave us) so we actually have a point of reference on how strong a deck can be relative to the meta.

The rest is all tournament stats which everyone has and Shamans dominated that too. At least with stuff like VS and TS people can say "smaller sample size" but when it comes to the tippity top competition, that's on display for everyone to see.

The VS team isn't comprised of disgruntled long time players throwing darts on the board and commenting on anecdotes but rather statisticians who are breaking down the game as objectively as possible with the available resources that they have.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Has zoo ever been absent from the ladder like it is now?

No not that I can remember. Ever since beta that deck has been somewhere near viable.

Regarding Hobart: That guy is a card in search of a deck. I suspect that he'll end up playable in some form next year in standard, but he's unlikely to ever be better than the classic Legendaries like Sylvannas/Ragnaros/Leeroy in usefulness. Even Thalnos is probably playable in more decks just because he's neutral.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
kinda going through my collection trying to figure out what I should craft with this dust

from the classic set alone, I still have zero copies of important-ish cards like:

Ice Barrier
Ice Block
Preparation
Shield Slam
Brawl
Murloc Warleader
Gadgetzan Auctioneer

and that's not even getting into legendaries like Leeroy, Van Cleef, the big dragons, etc.

I don't mind missing cards, but there's like entire archetypes of decks that just don't work without these

Bought a random Grand Tournament pack... had two epics (one golden) and a Legendary (Justicar). All my luck/pity is now gone gone. I'm likely never buying another TGT pack again.

So much dust!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Got a Golden Cairne Bloodhoof today. Trying to figure out if I want to turn it into a Leeroy for my Pirate Warrior or a Kazakus to get back in on the Reno game before he rotates out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not everyone can be as lucky as me

my packs are usually terrible

I had a lucky-ish (a few legendaries, but meh ones) streak when I first start playing again a month or so ago, but after that initial spurt It's been poops all over.

I would auto-dust any gold legendary since it'll get you any one legendary of your choice. I got decks to build yo!

Normally I follow this motto but the two golden legendary's I've ever unpacked were Leeroy and Ragnaros. Sooooo.

I dust most golds I get though unless I just don't have a regular copy or if I like/use that card a lot.

peakish

Geez, there's suddenly so many control warriors out there again. Probably because Jade Druid is less common now. Not sure which I prefer of the two, or whether it's more fun to die from pirates on turn 5 or fatigue on turn 25 ...

manhack

Nothing more depressing than losing to a 12 win Mage deck when you are at 4-2.

That guy had no business being there with a deck like that.

/salt

manhack

Geez, there's suddenly so many control warriors out there again. Probably because Jade Druid is less common now. Not sure which I prefer of the two, or whether it's more fun to die from pirates on turn 5 or fatigue on turn 25 ...

Yeah I started to see them pop up last week, but it looks like CW has a good match-up vs. Aggro Shaman and Pirate Warrior, the 2 best decks in the game. Combine that with Reno Warlock on the downswing and Jade Druid seeing little play Control Warrior is suddenly viable.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Just auto concede against druid and you're good to go.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

So you're saying I should run Jade Druid now

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think after playing about 50-70 matches with Jade Druid I have never seen the final form of the Golem. I guess I need to play the Mirror more? I mean you both have Lethal on the board multiple times over. Was this a staged thing to get huge golems or just trying to get the spells quest done? BTW Jade Druid is prettttyyyy good for the spells quest.

fertygo

I think after playing about 50-70 matches with Jade Druid I have never seen the final form of the Golem. I guess I need to play the Mirror more? I mean you both have Lethal on the board multiple times over. Was this a staged thing to get huge golems or just trying to get the spells quest done? BTW Jade Druid is prettttyyyy good for the spells quest.

Jade Druid mirror actually pretty goddamn short because Druid shit removal arsenal

game usually over with someone get initiative over 5/5 or 6/6 golem first

//ARCANUM

Hey all, got a question about a potential problem I'm facing:

Yesterday, I tried to buy 7 packs in Hearthstone for $9.99 on my iPhone in game. It gave me an error and didn't work for some random iTunes reason, and it didn't give me the packs. No problem, I figured I'd just try again later. Never got around to it and today I got an Apple receipt for the $9.99 purchase. Checked the game, and still don't have the packs. There's a "report a problem" link on the receipt, so I clicked it and typed up the issue, it immediately offered me a "request a refund" button. Figured, sure I'll click that, makes sense. It instantly gave me a refund.

But now I'm worried about Blizzard viewing this as a chargeback, and knowing how PlayStation network handles chargebacks (account BAN), I'm worried that Blizzard might handle it similarly...

Anyone have any experience with this?

wiibomb

Hey all, got a question about a potential problem I'm facing:

Yesterday, I tried to buy 7 packs in Hearthstone for $9.99 on my iPhone in game. It gave me an error and didn't work for some random iTunes reason, and it didn't give me the packs. No problem, I figured I'd just try again later. Never got around to it and today I got an Apple receipt for the $9.99 purchase. Checked the game, and still don't have the packs. There's a "report a problem" link on the receipt, so I clicked it and typed up the issue, it immediately offered me a "request a refund" button. Figured, sure I'll click that, makes sense. It instantly gave me a refund.

But now I'm worried about Blizzard viewing this as a chargeback, and knowing how PlayStation network handles chargebacks (account BAN), I'm worried that Blizzard might handle it similarly...

Anyone have any experience with this?

not that I know, I believe Blizzard is less draconian with this kind of deals, specially when their customer service is a little better, so in case of a problem you can contact them with your problem, there shouldn't be one, though.

//ARCANUM

not that I know, I believe Blizzard is less draconian with this kind of deals, specially when their customer service is a little better, so in case of a problem you can contact them with your problem, there shouldn't be one, though.

okay cool! *wipes brow* whew! thx :)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

It was a ranked match, I'm like rank 17 or so. Yeah it was a Jade mirror but my opponent was also playing Mill which actually helped thinning the deck of cards that would later be useless (like Swipe mostly)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Jade idol should have been

Choose one

Spawn a x/x Jade Golem

Or

Spawn a 1/1 with deathrattle shuffle 3 Jade idols into your deck.

Give control a chance to steal or transform it.

peakish

So you're saying I should run Jade Druid now
Please be my spider to the CW mosquitos

From tonight: 5 control warriors vs 1 pirate/dragon, 3 control shaman vs 0 aggro, 1 Yogg mage of all things. At least the meta moves around a bit, my decks are definitely not teched against control right now.

Small-Time Buccaneer has gone through some changes over its development cycle.
He changed five or six times throughout design process.
1 mana 1/2 - Whenever you equip a weapon, he gained +2 attack for the rest of the game.
1 mana 1/1 - Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each Attack of your weapon.
His current iteration, or the final nerf, was made days before they had to lock the set in.

previous STB forms that second would would have been broken

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't believe that +1/+1 for the weapon attack was ever even a CONSIDERATION and not immediately laughed off for a fucking one drop, that would be worse than undertaker. Imagine turn one coined war axe, turn two drop double STB that become 4/5s and summon patches. Jesus.

Well, I'd assume that iteration wasn't a 1/2, but either was a 4/4 or something would still be stupid.

Edit: Oh, it does say 1/1. So yeah, double 4/4.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Don't be a hater on Wild, Grief! Wild is actually quite fun to play in, especially at the lower ranks where people are running unrefined decks. You can try experimental crap on ladder and win!

Wild is great for doing dumb quests in Ranked Mode. You still make progress towards golden portraits without tanking your Standard rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom