• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Reno *Priest*.

I'd love to include Jaraxxus in my Priest deck, but I don't think the game will let me.

I mean, you said Reno decks with no burn at the end of your post. I assumed that meant that you were generalizing past just the reno priest you mentioned earlier in the post.

Because Reno decks in general struggle mightily against Jade druid.

butts

Super-greedy lists are filtering down as low as rank 12 already, usually they hang out around 18 or so the entire season. 3rd priest in a row with Mind Control and a bunch of other anti-control stuff. Wondering how these guys have any hope vs. aggro, but I guess they're targeting the huge amount of control decks at those ranks.

KuroNeeko

So many Dragon Priests.

Every time I try to play something "different", I just run into more DP.
Drac OP is such a dumb card.

Similarly, every time I try to Control Priest, I run into a Miracle Rogue.

Midrange Jade has still been the most consistent deck I've used this month. Murloc Buff Paladin has probably been the most fun.

Lyng

So many Dragon Priests.

Every time I try to play something "different", I just run into more DP.
Drac OP is such a dumb card.

Similarly, every time I try to Control Priest, I run into a Miracle Rogue.

Midrange Jade has still been the most consistent deck I've used this month. Murloc Buff Paladin has probably been the most fun.

Dragon pirate warrior has, by far, been the most consistent for me.

Blizzard

Banned
Number of casual games I won with the paladin deck I created by dumping every Murloc card I own to do a quest: 6 (plus an instant surrender)

It may be mental bias since I wasn't counting the losses, but it felt like a pretty good win percentage. I don't know if that should tell me something or not. :p One was possibly even the fastest legitimate victory I've had. It would have been lethal on turn 5 or 6 from buffed murlocs, but the enemy suicided on one of my minions.

There are 17 Murloc cards in paladin/neutral I don't even own, too.

Dragon pirate warrior has, by far, been the most consistent for me.
Same. I do pretty well against every deck besides Midrange Shaman. Just too much bullshit to overcome.

I don't even know what counters that deck. The only time I feel like I win is when they draw poorly. Even when I play midrange Shaman I rarely lose unless it's to bad draws or other Shamans.

fertygo

Same. I do pretty well against every deck besides Midrange Shaman. Just too much bullshit to overcome.

I don't even know what counters that deck. The only time I feel like I win is when they draw poorly. Even when I play midrange Shaman I rarely lose unless it's too bad draws or other Shamans.

Well Reno deck should farm midrange shaman

Well Reno deck should farm midrange shaman
I have tried Renolock and I got wrecked several times. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing.

Though I did forget that I win with Reno Mage, but I probably forgot because I haven't been playing the class unless I desperately want to climb. Already have the golden portrait, so I tend to stay away from Mage.

manhack

Super-greedy lists are filtering down as low as rank 12 already, usually they hang out around 18 or so the entire season. 3rd priest in a row with Mind Control and a bunch of other anti-control stuff. Wondering how these guys have any hope vs. aggro, but I guess they're targeting the huge amount of control decks at those ranks.

Yeah I haven't been pushing hard this month on rank and 15-13 has been very bizarre. Granted I'm playing things like patron warrior, yogg and load hunter and OTK priest, but there is a lot of greed and janky decks at all around.

In some ways I'm glad to not have pushed since it is a bit more interesting now. I still run into a streak of aggro/jade/pirate shamans and pirate warrior, but otherwise it is not the "aggro meta" that people tend to say it is.

fertygo

I have tried Renolock and I got wrecked several times. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing.

Midrange shaman usually too slow at killing renolock before gazzilion AoE come unlike Aggro Shaman

If Renolock player can identify its midrange and not aggro, they can be patience and use all AoE at best value, pretty often as renolock player you fucked up thought its aggro and not midrange, prepping 7/7 that never came fuck up your card usage.

Midrange shaman usually too slow at killing renolock before gazzilion AoE come unlike Aggro Shaman

If Renolock player can identify its midrange and not aggro, they can be patience and use all AoE at best value, pretty often as renolock player you fucked up thought its aggro and not midrange, prepping 7/7 that never came fuck up your card usage.
How the hell do you identify it though? The only way I can is if they play pirates right away, otherwise it's similar openers. Tunnel Trogg > Totem Golem > another overload card or flametongue. I don't really notice a difference until turn 4 or 5 and by that time it's too late.

Lyng

How the hell do you identify it though? The only way I can is if they play pirates right away, otherwise it's similar openers. Tunnel Trogg > Totem Golem > another overload card or flametongue. I don't really notice a difference until turn 4 or 5 and by that time it's too late.

You will never actually farm shamans in their current state. They are the new secret paladin. If they have a great start and draw they will slaughter you. Even if you play reno.

fertygo

That the fucking problem

I only can notice if they had brick start or drop mana tide on curve and then I like ez

Either way I confident the midrange shaman matchup is 70-30 meanwhile aggro shaman is toss up whoever had the nut

manhack

It's really hard to guess what will be in decks these days despite a lot of the general archetypes being set in stone. Aggro shamans run random hex, control shaman random bloodlusts. I get punished for not playing around entomb in Dragon Priest, but the top lists don't generally have it.

i can't imagine running aggro shaman without a hex in there. never liked lists without it, gets rid of any taunt in the game and doomhammer runs through whatever it turns, that card is straight stupid considering polymorph costs 1 more to create a worse situation and is still a good card

Q8D3vil

having fun with minion centric control warrior.
until fucking aggro rogue pulled don han from swushburgler and buffed his leeroy to 11 :mad:

Now I am playing Djinni Priest. I wish I could settle on one deck, and learn it. Maybe I could achieve a bater rank, but no, gotta keep bouncing around.

The Djinni Priest combo is too good not to play right now though.

I have never reached above Rank 5 in Standard, but I think it is possible with this deck. It is an amazingly high level of broken. It seems pretty consistent - even though it is a heavy combo deck too.

I don't take ladder seriously so I just get to 15 for a shiny, but all I'm seeing in the mid teens is fucking try-hard Reno decks making the same plays on the same turns... Priest dropping Justicar and boring you to death via fatigue, Warlocks playing combo so you're dead the moment they drop Thaurissan and you're below 24 health, and don't get me started on every bloody Brann Bronzebeard being followed up by Kazakus.

Thinking about just going Pirate or Aggro Shaman and SMOrcing the buggers to death on turn 5.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Try-hard is the dumbest term ever.

You pick a class in the brawl and that corresponds to an adventure boss. Not sure if that completes class quests.

I don't take ladder seriously so I just get to 15 for a shiny, but all I'm seeing in the mid teens is fucking try-hard Reno decks making the same plays on the same turns... Priest dropping Justicar and boring you to death via fatigue, Warlocks playing combo so you're dead the moment they drop Thaurissan and you're below 24 health, and don't get me started on every bloody Brann Bronzebeard being followed up by Kazakus.

Thinking about just going Pirate or Aggro Shaman and SMOrcing the buggers to death on turn 5.

I dont understand most of these complaints. I am more annoyed when I see aggro players playing bad and still beating me rather than anything you listed - playing Southsea Deckhand and attacking face with a (1) durability weapon before attacking with the charged Deckhand (and other wrong order crap).

Most of the plays you listed is basically how players win with said decks. They are smart plays. There is certinly an issue with everyone on ladder playing similar top tier decks taken from Reddit/Hearthpwn, but them choosing to play then correctly is hardly a major issue here.

Blizzard

Banned
I got Lorewalker Cho from the brawl pack. Is this a good legendary drop, and if so what classes might it work with? I really don't like the look of it at the moment.

My legendaries thus far:

The Beast (welcome legendary), dusted
C'Thun (free with pack)
Grommash (good)
Gruul (apparently bad)
Lorewalker Cho

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I got Lorewalker Cho from the brawl pack. Is this a good legendary drop, and if so what classes might it work with? I really don't like the look of it at the moment.

My legendaries thus far:

C'Thun (free with pack)
Grommash (good)
Gruul (apparently bad)
Lorewalker Cho

Lorewalker Cho is kind of meme bad unfortunately.

He isn't completely utterly useless, as it can cause your opponent to play really badly, but it isn't ever used in really any deck.

My legendaries thus far:

C'Thun (free with pack)
Grommash (good)
Gruul (apparently bad)
Lorewalker Cho

Lorewalker Cho is pretty rubbish on Ladder, but if you want use it to complete some Solo Adventures it is a great card. The AI reacts horribly to it. It makes getting some of the Heroic card backs incredibly easy.

I guess you could try and use to card to try and counter some of the Aggro Shaman decks out there, but I dont think anyone has bothered to create a deck using that idea yet.

My legendaries thus far:

C'Thun (free with pack)
Grommash (good)
Gruul (apparently bad)
Lorewalker Cho

Dust, it's a useless card.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess I'll dust it and grab the last cards I needed for budget jade druid (nourish, second living roots).

I really dislike playing against dragon priest on ladder. It feels like playing against a murloc deck but 3x stronger. To add insult to injury, netherspite historian discovered dragop. :|

My legendaries thus far:

C'Thun (free with pack)
Grommash (good)
Gruul (apparently bad)
Lorewalker Cho

Cho is great fun when you're screwing around, but it's not a good card. In your situation where you're new and starving for other legendaries and good cards, I'd dust it to get a more consistently powerful card.

That's how I justified my dusting when I started. The better overall card quality I have, the easier it'll be to get more dust in the future.

Blizzard

Banned
My pity timer hasn't hit for gadgetzan yet, so I plan to keep buying those decks occasionally with 100 coins until I get a legendary.

My legendaries thus far:

C'Thun (free with pack)
Grommash (good)
Gruul (apparently bad)
Lorewalker Cho
It's pretty bad but I've gotten some hilarious use out of it. I actually got quite a few wins recently on Ranked because of it. I put it in some aggro decks and midrange decks and dropped it after I had some minions stick and the opponents couldn't get rid of my board in any efficient way without giving me a ton of spells. Once I wanted it gone I just dropped a flametongue and killed it.

Xanathus

It's something like an 11% chance to hit the legendary pity timer, assuming 5.37% chance of getting a legendary and the pity timer being 40 packs.

Stats from here.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Card_pack_statistics

So I don't know that it's worth recording packs to track the pity timers.

Well if somehow someone hasn't received a legendary at all after buying many packs in a row and knows they're close to 40 packs, having kept track of the number of packs will tell them that they're going to get a legendary very soon. Imagine if you had bought like 30 packs without a legendary and then stopped buying them, you'd be kicking yourself for not just buying a few more to get a legendary. Of course I imagine most people are too lazy to keep track of the packs if they're not buying them all at once, but I do keep track of it when I buy a bunch all at once.

I suck at statistics. So if I've opened 15 packs without getting a legendary, on the next pack my chances of getting a legendary would be greater than they were upon opening my first pack, right? And those chances would increase with each pack I open until I get a legendary? Or no?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I suck at statistics. So if I've opened 15 packs without getting a legendary, on the next pack my chances of getting a legendary would be greater than they were upon opening my first pack, right? And those chances would increase with each pack I open until I get a legendary? Or no?

No. Every pack has an identical chance of containing a legendary except for the 40th pack which has a 100% chance of you haven't gotten one.

gutshot

No. Every pack has an identical chance of containing a legendary except for the 40th pack which has a 100% chance of you haven't gotten one.

Not true. It's on a scale. Once you are in the 30s it starts going up rapidly to 100% by your 40th pack.

zjY6wfk.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...timer_on_packs_opening_analysiskinda_proofed/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom