• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this meta. Ooze was rarely played before MSOG and everyone running pirate - something. Tirion is a 6/6 Divine Shield Taunt that nets you a 5/3 weapon on deathrattle. It doesn't get better than that. The current meta is hyper aggro, so Tirion isn't currently the best one, but it is consistently and excellent card to play.
Tirion is great...when I get him off of Drakonid Operative.

Nah, but really, I like Tirion...just not now since Paladin isn't that great.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Have enough dust for 1 legendary.

Thalnos for shaman etc or jaraxxus for renolock?

mhmhmh i dont have Jaraxxus but i would recommend Thalnos.
He's way more flexible and has a place on several decks.

jgminto

Tirion is an auto-include in any non-aggro Pally but simple counters are too high in number to make much impact, especially with a decent priest meta. Paladin also can't afford to run any removal baiters like Cairne and Sylvanas alongside Tirion due to how aggressive the meta is. Don't think that's a problem with Tirion though, just the general state of Paladin.

Paladin's issue isn't even that the meta sucks for the class but that the class has only 1 good deck that could thrive in a different meta. The class simply has crap for tools. Even mage gets hard removal in addition to burn.

Paladin currently sucks, but I see a lot of potential depending on the next expansion. Removing BrM, LoE and TGTwill decimate Kabal classes and Shaman as well. Buffing mechanics work great for Pally, but the other classes are simply too good right now.

Dahbomb

Tirion sucked dude, not matter vs aggro, vs control everyone bring their lovely ooze

Top 5 is something like this

Fandral
Raza
Antonidas
Jaraxxus
Isola

tbh this just list of class legendary that getting play lol
Vancleef is far above Inkmaster Solia as far as class Legendaries go.

Pooya

lifecoach jade deck is pretty good, everyone has been trying to build a list that does well against everything and it didn't work out so well. In the end it appears pirates are just better than trogg/golem/feral spirit package and just not play those anymore. rip. The deck indeed does well against everything. No Brann either!

you can play this deck card for card after rotation btw!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
lifecoach jade deck is pretty good, everyone has been trying to build a list that does well against everything and it didn't work out so well. In the end it appears pirates are just better than trogg/golem/feral spirit package and just not play those anymore. rip. The deck indeed does well against everything. No Brann either!

Including the devolve?

I see another list of his without devolve. Which list are you playing?

Blizzard

Banned
Tirion sucked dude, not matter vs aggro, vs control everyone bring their lovely ooze

Top 5 is something like this

Fandral
Raza
Antonidas
Jaraxxus
Isola

tbh this just list of class legendary that getting play lol
Who is Isola? Google has failed me. *edit* Oh, you must mean Solia.

Tomcat

Do you Have the deck list?

wiibomb

Coldarra Drake with Skelesaurus Hex is proper clown fiesta.

I happened to have one with the warrior boss. I summoned a full board of big minions ready to evolve next turn (I was against the shaman boss)

this brawl is one of the greatest they have ever done. I'm sad to see it go.

I wish HS had the same mode as Overwtach were in a same week there are several brawls to select.

Man, HS is really lacking in modes...

bjaelke

27% Overall. Nearly 30% at legend. Nearly 35% at ranks 1-5. There are more Shamans in the game right now than there were before the expansion’s release. The rise in the number of Shamans this week, however, is not attributed to the Aggro archetype; Mid-Jade and slower Control Shaman builds are becoming more popular.

[...]

If you’re not Shaman, you’re either stagnating or declining.

[...]

This is a worrying trend that may be the launching pad towards a Meta that is more one-dimensional than before.
vS Data Reaper Report #35
Man, HS is really lacking in modes...

It's lacking in a lot of places when you consider that it's the market leader.

Dahbomb

Yay Shamanstone....

I don't agree with their statement that Midrange Shaman being in the meta suppresses control decks. Yeah it makes CW and Reno Mage worse but it makes Renolock more appealing. More slower Shamans in the meta means Renolock can return with teched in Felfire.

Midrange Shaman also opens space for Freeze Mage and Tempo Mage to catch on which do well against Renolock.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
At least it's more like the Pre-ONiK Warrior meta than the Pre-Gadgetzan Shaman meta, because the one dominant class is using a veriety of decks.

I think Paladin and Hunter combined 4% frequency on that VS chart is the most disappointing thing about this meta. Even Priest alone hovered at 4% when it was in the dumps.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The dominant class is also about to get blindsided by the rotation.

What is Aggro shaman losing? Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem and what else?
EDIT: Legit asking btw, i dunno which sets are rotating out.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Tunnel Trogg/Totem Golem are a massive loss, but it is only two cards. Nothing else really matters much.

Wonder if midrange can find a way to survive without them.

What is Aggro shaman losing? Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem and what else?
EDIT: Legit asking btw, i dunno which sets are rotating out.

Finnley is the only other Aggro Shaman card. Control loses Healing Wave and Brann. That's pretty much it.

EDIT: Blackrock Mountain, League of Explorers, and The Grand Tournament are the only ones being rotated I think.

Take into account that STB is pretty much a lock to get nerfed as well. Shaman's early game is getting nuked and is very unlikely to be replaced in the next expansion.

Shaman is unquestionably going to have to get slower in my opinion. Which then you start getting into losses like Azure Drake, Thunder Bluff Valiant, probably Ragnaros and who knows what else.

I expect Blizzard to heavily push control Shaman over all other archetypes in the next expansion as well. Of course who knows how well that will work out with the loss of Healing Wave and Elemental Destruction.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rank 16-17. 5 out of 7 games in a row have been against priest. This is suuuuper annoying.

4 dragon priest, 1 reno priest.

I think I beat 3 out of 5 priests, but the sheer mechanics of playing against them are frustrating and exhausting. I feel like I won't know how to counter other classes when most of what I face is this.

Congrats on your rank.

And yeah, that sounds like a typical rank 16 meta. Just worry about overcoming that, and you'll find your relentless aggro and midrange shaman to practice against soon enough, probably around rank 12.

Fersis

Tunnel Trogg/Totem Golem are a massive loss, but it is only two cards. Nothing else really matters much.

Finnley is the only other Aggro Shaman card. Control loses Healing Wave and Brann. That's pretty much it.

EDIT: Blackrock Mountain, League of Explorers, and The Grand Tournament are the only ones being rotated I think.

Thanks for the info!

I'm okay with STB being nerfed, but they should also nerf other 1 drops. They won't though. Somehow we lived with mana wyrm since classic but the moment a 1 drop exists to compete with long standing strong 1 drops.... eve'body go crazy. I think a lot of the game's meta has been dictated by inclusion of strong early game minions. I don't think STB is any more broken than NSC or flame imp tbh. STB + patches, is of course a different story. I'd rather see patches nerfed because that is the bigger problem imo. But in either case, slowing the game down a bit might get me to actually play again. I haven't played much at all this season.

I've been playing Reno Mage, Renolock, Dragon Warrior, Dragon Pirate Warrior, Gettaway Paladin and nothing gets close to pure Pirate Warrior. The laddering is so insanely fast.

squidyj

Control Shaman loses ED and Lava Shock :(
guess we start running devolve? I dunno. Gonna have so little considering we're heading into an adventurer so there's only so many cards that get printed.

Control Shaman loses ED and Lava Shock :(
guess we start running devolve? I dunno. Gonna have so little considering we're heading into an adventurer so there's only so many cards that get printed.

Next set will be a full one, not an adventure.

They abanoned the old pattern when they switched to standard. It'll always be set-adventure-set, new year, set-adventure-set

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Next set will be a full one, not an adventure.

They abanoned the old pattern when they switched to standard. It'll always be set-adventure-set, new year, set-adventure-set

We don't actually know that. They have said some stuff that suggests they are open to screwing with the release timing of sets and adventures and I don't think they have reaffirmed the set - adventure- set per year release schedule since before the first rotation.

It's likely to be a set, but still possible to be an adventure.

We don't actually know that. They have said some stuff that suggests they are open to screwing with the release timing of sets and adventures and I don't think they have reaffirmed the set - adventure- set per year release schedule since before the first rotation.

It's likely to be a set, but still possible to be an adventure.

We know based on what they've said. I've linked it before.

Was thinking the other day about Fiery War Axe. What if it was nerfed to a 2/3 instead?

As a 3/2, it lets you remove Trogg, Mana Wyrm, and a Feral Spirit, even if you have no board. As a 2/3, it denies you that reach but still lets you remove STB and 3/2 drops.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Was thinking the other day about Fiery War Axe. What if it was nerfed to a 2/3 instead?

As a 3/2, it lets you remove Trogg, Mana Wyrm, and a Feral Spirit, even if you have no board. As a 2/3, it denies you that reach but still lets you remove STB and 3/2 drops.

Yeah I was just thinking about how trogg, mana wyrm and feral spirits needed a buff.

Ugh...no

2 damage weapons aren't all that great for the most part, or at least I've never liked using them.

I'd rather them just not allow you to hit the face with weapons until the next turn or unless the board is clear...or both.

fertygo

Fiery War is damn good at board clearing is kinda the point guys..

why the hell they enable smorcing with class with the worst hero power to do it is fucked up tho

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh...no

2 damage weapons aren't all that great for the most part, or at least I've never liked using them.

I'd rather them just not allow you to hit the face with weapons until the next turn or unless the board is clear...or both.

Far-reaching changes to weapons in general (or at least any low cost weapon, ie 1-2 mana), would be the biggest change to the game they have ever made. Not saying that they shouldn't do it. Cheap weapons are insanely powerful cards for both tempo and value, they probably need to be SUPER careful with those (just like 1 drops... LUL STB).

But giving Blizzard's reluctance to make sweeping changes instituting a mechanics change like "Weapons can't ever go face" or "Weapons can only go face if the board is clear" would be a massive, massive change to the game. I have no idea if we'd land in a better or worse place than we are now, but it would be easily the biggest changed they've ever done. Would be exciting for that reason alone.

I think people are over-stating the issue with weapons. I think the main issue is specific weapons, not weapons as a whole. Yes weapons can go face, just like damage spells, but take multiple turns and are blocked by taunts.

The main culprits are spirit claws, maybe FWA although you could argue it's a different kind of problem, and doomhammer which has already been nerfed so maybe it's... sorta okay.

I didn't agree with kibler saying jade claws was a problem. It's just one good card in a class that has too many good cards. IIRC he was even going as far to say that argent lance was a problem. I think his argument was too far reaching.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think i like the trogg totem golem feral spirit package in midrange shaman more than the pirate package. It somehow feels less gross.

squidyj

sounds unplayable outside of a smorc deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom