• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Not true. It's on a scale. Once you are in the 30s it starts going up rapidly to 100% by your 40th pack.

zjY6wfk.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...timer_on_packs_opening_analysiskinda_proofed/

That's interesting.

I wonder if some of that is just miscounting packs, hah.

I got a triple Legendary Loot Box in Overwatch last night. It was exciting, but I would have rathered the Blizzard gods blessed me in this game instead.

I sometimes wonder what is the best possible pack you can open in HS. I refuse to watch pack opening videos. I have made fun of those weird overly hyper FIFA FUT pack opening video for years to fall to that level :p

Is a 5 legendary pack a thing? I guess it could be even if the chance is somewhere around 0.000001%?

Hereafter

I got a triple Legendary Loot Box in Overwatch last night. It was exciting, but I would have rathered the Blizzard gods blessed me in this game instead.

I sometimes wonder what is the best possible pack you can open in HS. I refuse to watch pack opening videos. I have made fun of those weird overly hyper FIFA FUT pack opening video for years to fall to that level :p

Is a 5 legendary pack a thing? I guess it could be even if the chance is somewhere around 0.000001%?

I think this is the best pull ever

https://goo.gl/S3kLnC

Courtesy of https://www.reddit.com/r/HSPulls/top/

Most of the plays you listed is basically how players win with said decks. They are smart plays. There is certainly an issue with everyone on ladder playing similar top tier decks taken from Reddit/Hearthpwn, but them choosing to play then correctly is hardly a major issue here.

But that's what I mean, everyone from Rank 25 upwards is using the same half a dozen decks and playing them exactly like the Hearthpwn or Tempostorm meta guide tells them to, so not only are the match-ups repetitive but the turns themselves are.

I'd have thought that Rank 10 and higher is where I'd start seeing the refined decks but everyone on ladder is using them. Does anyone play on ladder for fun? Is it it all about winning, irregardless of rank? Where are the convoluted OTK decks and turn 2 Dirty Rats?

Blizzard

Banned
I'd have thought that Rank 10 and higher is where I'd start seeing the refined decks but everyone on ladder is using them. Does anyone play on ladder for fun? Is it it all about winning, irregardless of rank? Where are the convoluted OTK decks and turn 2 Dirty Rats?
The bolded are at rank 20 or whatever because they don't work consistently.

Blizzard seems to try to kill OTK decks anyway, specifically patching out OTK Priest.

On one hand, it makes sense when people are trying to rank up that they will play the most statistically effective deck in the most statistically effective manner. However, I agree with you that everyone mechanically following the same blueprint is going to be boring. I guess the only solution to this is to have several options that are equally good, statistically?

Q8D3vil

The bolded are at rank 20 or whatever because they don't work consistently.

Blizzard seems to try to kill OTK decks anyway, specifically patching out OTK Priest.

On one hand, it makes sense when people are trying to rank up that they will play the most statistically effective deck in the most statistically effective manner. However, I agree with you that everyone mechanically following the same blueprint is going to be boring. I guess the only solution to this is to have several options that are equally good, statistically?
Any source for that ?

If anything need patching are conceled VC and Questing, zero interaction and cant do shit because its early game. It should be gimmick like res priest not a consistent play.

Blizzard

Banned
I nearly lost a rank 17 game to a 12-spell Yogg-Saron that gave a rogue two different class's secrets. :( I'd hate to see that card before the nerfs.

Any source for that ?

If anything need patching are conceled VC and Questing, zero interaction and cant do shit because its early game. It should be gimmick like res priest not a consistent play.
I spoke too soon. Other OTK combos may still exist (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/579521-top-5-legend-otk-priest, super expensive http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/695131-kripps-meta-killer-otk-combo-priest-chansey), but the one I knew about with double inner fire, double divine spirit, charge minion from hand etc. is not possible due to mana changes I believe. You could still set it up with a legendary that reduces mana cost.

I -think- I've seen a comment from Blizzard that they don't like someone being able to put a charge minion OTK from hand, and I'm -almost certain- that one particular card that lent itself to combos had the text added "it cannot attack the enemy hero this turn", but I failed to find which card that was.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
You pick a class and then play as a boss of that class from one of the adventures.

Sort of fun, but it can be decided more or less instantly based on the match up.

Blizzard

Banned
On the bright side, I hit rank 16 for the first time. On the not so bright side, I am getting to go first EVERY SINGLE GAME for the last 3-4 games I think? I just want the coin and more mulligans!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The Power of the Tides destroys the Naxx bosses in this brawl.

It destroys most of the bosses. I think the only one that can stand up to that Shaman boss is the BRM Grim Guzzler boss. The Warrior is the only one that can do it IMO since he gets minions for free and can pull out a huge minion and get it evolved.

Blizzard

Banned
wat. going first is like having nine coins. yuge advantage
I might want the coin for playing something ahead of curve or saving for auctioneer combo though. Also as jade druid, the 4-mulligan gives me a better chance of actually having a 1-drop. With only 3 cards, chances are I end up with 3-4-5 or something.

NBtoaster

It destroys most of the bosses. I think the only one that can stand up to that Shaman boss is the BRM Grim Guzzler boss. The Warrior is the only one that can do it IMO since he gets minions for free and can pull out a huge minion and get it evolved.

I did fine against it with mage and paladin. With hero taunt the you will usually have board advantage and chess pings help clear the summons.

squidyj

some of these brawl matchups are so hilariously lopsided.

Priest Vs Shaman
Priest: "I give you minions that hurt you and clog your board!"

Shaman: "thanks for the tempo"

My Shaman Arena deck has Everyfin and Summon the Finishers. It requires 7 mana to pull off (giving you 4 3/3's plus whatever you already have), and when I used it against a Mage I prayed he didn't have Flamestrike, but it's pretty great if you can pull it off.

Hycran

Banned
I'm on the bus right now and I just saw someone play pirate warrior, win, then immediately go on Reddit. This might be the lowest form of humanity possbile.

Blizzard

Banned
Reno Warlock.

for budget deck you can jam druid deck with 2 azure drake and druid of the claw I guess lol
I already have 2 azure drake. I'm using this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/706870-budget-jade-druid

I don't have any adventure cards or legendaries besides the ones mentioned earlier.

Anyfin paladin, miracle rogue, renolock, pirate warrior and dragon warrior.

Check Vicious Syndicate for any matchups you are curious about. It has a chart with strengths and weaknesses for all current meta matchups.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-34/
Interesting, thanks. I do see dragon priest as a weak matchup for jade druid on there.

Blizzard

Banned
I just beat a dragon priest despite their annoying expensive Chillmaw, Alexstrasza, etc. cards. They surrendered when I started dropping 8/8 and 9/9 golems. SO SATISFYING.

*edit* 3 out of 4 ranked games in a row have been against priest. This is getting ridiculous. The third was reno priest + 12 HP heal spell + 5 HP heal minion + brann + emperor thaurissan for maximum annoyance. At least I won 2/3 of them.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm rank 16-17. 5 out of 7 games in a row have been against priest. This is suuuuper annoying.

4 dragon priest, 1 reno priest.

I think I beat 3 out of 5 priests, but the sheer mechanics of playing against them are frustrating and exhausting. I feel like I won't know how to counter other classes when most of what I face is this.

Pooya

after almost 3 years, I still haven't opened a single injured blademaster. lol. I have almost every classic legendary but not a single injured blademaster!

Blizzard

Banned
Rank 15! I'm super content with this as a new player. I'm going to retire from ranked for the rest of the season.

I swapped one ooze for one druid of the claw in the deck above, and that allowed me to barely beat a beast hunter (I had 1 HP + 1 armor) and get a streak for the level 15 promotion.

I suspect if I eventually craft Fandral Staghelm I could get to level 13-ish next season. However, I believe that card is rotating out and I don't have much interest in wild right now. I suppose I'll wait and see what the next update does for jade druid.

scarlet

Rank 15! I'm super content with this as a new player. I'm going to retire from ranked for the rest of the season.

I swapped one ooze for one druid of the claw in the deck above, and that allowed me to barely beat a beast hunter (I had 1 HP + 1 armor) and get a streak for the level 15 promotion.

I suspect if I eventually craft Fandral Staghelm I could get to level 13-ish next season. However, I believe that card is rotating out and I don't have much interest in wild right now. I suppose I'll wait and see what the next update does for jade druid.

Congrats! you should go higher, don't follow me. I stop laddering, cuz I'm grinding gold on casual x)

Fandral still has more than a year, should craft him if you're playing jade druid.

Black Knight from tawern brawl and a rare Mana Wyrm hell yeah. I was thinking about crafting him for long term tech value but I'll just save the dust for the next expansion.

fertygo

If you plan playing druid very often you shouldn't miss Fandral's experience, he's the best class legendaries.

fertygo

In the current meta. Tirion takes the crown for all-around best legendary.
Also, this tawern is the best since I started playing.

Tirion sucked dude, not matter vs aggro, vs control everyone bring their lovely ooze

Top 5 is something like this

Fandral
Raza
Antonidas
Jaraxxus
Isola

tbh this just list of class legendary that getting play lol

Tirion sucked dude, not matter vs aggro, vs control everyone bring their lovely ooze

Top 5 is something like this

Fandral
Raza
Antonidas
Jaraxxus
Isola

tbh this just list of class legendary that getting play lol

In this meta. Ooze was rarely played before MSOG and everyone running pirate - something. Tirion is a 6/6 Divine Shield Taunt that nets you a 5/3 weapon on deathrattle. It doesn't get better than that. The current meta is hyper aggro, so Tirion isn't currently the best one, but it is consistently and excellent card to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom