• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

How is it worse? Isn't it quite in line with Huckster stat and effect wise?

Unless your argument is that huckster is trash also.
Huckster actually had better stat for the cost lol

That guy is way below average.. what 3 drop that guy can trade evenly? Card is awful.. and if stealth matter Rogue will play jungle panther

Szadek

Patches is a free boar on the field about 5/6 of the time.
There seems to be no reason why play this in every pirat deck (so right now only warrior), so it's great, but I don't think he is broken.

zoukka

Huckster actually had better stat for the cost lol

That guy is way below average.. what 3 drop that guy can trade evenly? Card is awful.. and if stealth matter Rogue will play jungle panther

2 mana 2/2 draw a card
3 mana 2/3 stealth draw a card

seems pretty balanced to me. And of course stealth matters, it's one of the best keywords in the game and thus it's usually attached to shitty minions to balance things out. You are never unhappy dropping Collector early, you draw a card and you force your opponent to remove it.

Jungle Panther doesn't give you value (nor tempo lol), it's a face-card and a bad one.

Patches is a free boar on the field about 5/6 of the time.
There seems to be no reason why play this in every pirat deck (so right now only warrior), so it's great, but I don't think he is broken.
It depends, think about how often you stabilised against Pirate warrior at 2 or 3 health. All of those you'd be dead now.

There's no thought needed, if there's a slot for patches in the deck, you play him. He is free value, there are not many cards in Hearthstone that do that.
That much is a given. Patches is basically 1 or 2 more damage guaranteed so that's where you gotta look on how much of an impact he'll have.
2 mana 2/2 draw a card

seems pretty balanced to me. And of course stealth matters, it's one of the best keywords in the game and thus it's usually attached to shitty minions to balance things out. You are never unhappy dropping Collector early, you draw a card and you force your opponent to remove it.

Jungle Panther doesn't give you value (nor tempo lol), it's a face-card and a bad one.

I wouldn't play huckster either to be fair.

fertygo

2 mana 2/2 draw a card

I'll unhappy dropping 3 mana 2/3 on t3 and most people would too.. why you would happy playing bad card and no its no drawing card if you under perception that card is super acolyte you're dead wrong

zoukka

I'll unhappy dropping 3 mana 2/3 on t3 and most people would too.. why you would happy playing bad card

I guess you don't play much Rogue. Often you dagger up/drop a SI7 or farseer without even triggering their abilities or use a shiv/fan to cycle.

Collector is a legit 3-drop for Rogue.

I guess you don't play much Rogue. Often you dagger up/drop a SI7 or farseer without even triggering their abilities or use a shiv/fan to cycle.

The 2 power does hurt. You play SI7 on an empty board because they can trade. Shaku needs dagger to be able to clear a malchezar's imp even.
415777d12a5c90bf6b0045a3a72ad48a.jpg
Chogall for murlocs

fertygo

And rogue will prefer play like that just fine especially they had extra coin if they want

Pooya

you play it, then free warleader. Seems decent but why you would want to play murlock right now? There is no incentive even with this included. It's an ok tempo card. Who knows, maybe we have more expensive murlocs coming. There is a new 5 mana one but that's not very good, the 6 mana board clear one could be strong with this and swing the board since it doesn't hit your stuff if you're playing all murlocs.

Seems like a fun card to me. I like that they're finally recognizing murloc warlock, the original murloc deck. Most of the murlocs are really cheap though and you can't justify putting a 4 mana 4/2 in your deck.

---------------

If shaku had more attack I'd consider it, like it would be probably better at 3/2 even, it's not going to get you two cards ever anyway so that way it can actually kill things. In alt universe where Blizzard doesn't under stat every rogue card and treat like other classes, it would be a 3/4 with stealth!

The main kicker at this point is that everyone understands finally how strong a random card from a random class is and the answer is mediocre quite often.

fertygo

So we can expect more card like this for remaining warlock card?

the red mana..

gimme removal then, I'm ok with minus HP dark bomb

Szadek

The murloc is pretty strong, but murloc still need much more in order to be good.
If they they get a few more cards on that power level, murloc decks could be a thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So we can expect more card like this for remaining warlock card?

the red mana..

gimme removal then, I'm ok with minus HP dark bomb
The new Murloc uses red mana .... :)

gutshot

New Murloc could be used to get Finja out a turn early. Then you play Warleader and some other Murloc on turn 5, trade with Finja and get even more Murlocs on your board.

Then your board gets cleared by Dragonfire Potion and you cry real tears.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not too sold on that new murloc. He's fair if you can get a 2-drop murloc out, but fair is not going to cut it. You want him to be opie opie and for that you have to play a 3-drop murloc or higher, like Coldlight Seer, Murloc Warleader, or Old Murk Eye. The stat loss on Finja makes him a poor choice in an aggressive murloc deck I feel. And I don't see why you would play a heavier murloc deck in warlock.

I mean, sure, you'll throw him in your aggro Murlock deck, but that deck probably won't be better than the Paladin version.

jgminto

So far I would say:
Overhyped:

Pint-Size Potion : Only useful on it's own when both player have a big board, combos with the madness cards a clunky since the reduced attack makes trading harder.
Also, the combo with shadow word horroris a worse board clear than anti heal+ ciryle. That only leaves cabal as a great combo card, but it worse than shrinkmeister which isn't that good.
It's a lot better than Shrinkmeister, it allows for a much larger variety of value plays. And it's also a lot better than Auchenai as a board clear, what kind of board has multiple minions with more than 5 attack but 4 or less health? You mention that Dragonfire Potion won't be very good when there are other dragon decks, take a look at Dragon lists because aside from their non-Ysera legendaries, there are basically zero minions with above 5 attack and it's a similar case for Shaman and Hunter. And you're seriously underestimating the value of added flexibly to those cards like Cabal Shadow Priest, the Temp Steals and even Shadow Word: Pain. Once Entomb rotates out Pint Size Potion is also going to be the only way for Priest to deal with Ysera, which was enough reason for Shrinkmeister to see play back then.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
And you're seriously underestimating the value of added flexibly to those cards like Cabal Shadow Priest, the Temp Steals and even Shadow Word: Pain.

Cabal synergy is nice but the combos with the Madness cards is horrific since the attack of both the minion you're stealing and the minion you are running it into will be reduced. So both of those minions will have to start with attack values that are significantly higher than their health if you want to kill them both. And with Shadow Word: Pain you are two-for-oneing yourself which is a desperation move, not something you actively want to be doing.

jgminto

You can put that new card in your Murloc deck when you get the 100g quest, only time you will see it. It should be stated just how abysmal 4/2 for 4 is as a stat line, playing it alongside a Warleader might help slightly but that's still only 5 health if they can clearly both properly.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Dragon priest wants a board. It needs a board to win. If it loses board, it loses.

A potion that for one mana gives you the potential to make lots of value trades seems good for that.

I don't think the shrink potion is that great in control priest but it seems really good in dragon priest. Shrinkmeister would have better synergy with the stealing potion. But the shrinking potion has better synergy with minion based board control.

Doubtful shadow word horror all of the sudden sees play, but the synergy with shadow word pain is a nice bonus. That often loses its efficacy late game, but the combo could be good to use on an azure Drake or something that is giving you particular trouble.

Dahbomb

So what are the biggest crows people will eat from this expansion?

My guess is Shaku the Collector
I will eat crow if this card ends up being amazing.

People are going to eat crow on the Grimestreet boys one way or the other. Mostly because there seems to be a divide and that's usually where crow gets eaten the most. It would not shock me if it creates a degenerate deck but at the same time it would not shock me either if it flops.

And eww... a Murlock card. Just a reminder that Murlock was a deck that was actually played and was very string back in the day. Though it also had Blood Imp.

rahji

Blizzard picked a nice timing for this brawl because everyone is saving up his gold for the next expansion. Now people will get tempted because they have the gold.

Pooya

Anyone streaming brawl?

they should have just waited two weeks when new cards were out so that it was actually interesting to play.

wiibomb

awww I had the hope they made a damn new button to put this instead of taking out the brawl from us..

oh well it had to happen, I'm actually happy it happened this week since I don't have much time to play this weekend

Xanathus

The problem with Heroic Brawl is that even if you're a good player and think you can get an above average win-rate, the payout for 6-7 wins is mediocre. Note that an "average" win-rate in ladder is around 50% so it would be around 3 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom