• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAQ52XV8I60U1487797626315.jpg

Cat Party

Someone in this thread predicted quests a long time ago. Well done, whoever you are.

I am officially hyped. I just hope there are more and more complicated cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Adapt is a cool mechanic. It's like they've expanded discover to do stuff other than draw cards. In my head, I had always theorycrafted a similar type of mechanic for Shaman where you got 4 consistent choices, one for each totem, but this is good too.

Nzoth Priest HAS to be back with this.

7 Deathrattle minions played to get that godlike card.

Amara is some Exodia-level win-the-game levels of shit, but man, you have to have a legendary in your opening hand and then play a Priest game where you can actually survive long enough to play 7 deathrattle duders?

Any aggro deck is just going to wreck you before that happens. What kind of Priest deck can actually live playing a bunch of deathrattles? Unless they introduce some more deathrattle taunts....

That Mage Legendary card....

It looks pretty mediocre but it has the Elemental tribe now. I guess that's a thing in this expansion.

I mean you can kind of think of it as a 2/2 draw a card. I'd say it's probably about as good as Undercity Huckster. Unclear if this is a thing Mage wants to do, though. Just curving out with value stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wait so the priest legendary that you get after the quest... does it go to your hand? And does it HEAL you up to 40 as well?

Also, will every class get their own quest card?
it, but man, you have to have a legendary in your opening hand ..
They start in your opening hand

So for the cards revealed so far;

Pyros - Only going to be decent in long, grindy games where you can guarantee the value from it. Will require the meta to slow down a lot for it to be playable.

Awaken the Makers - Seems insane. It starts in your opening hand and N'Zoth Priest is already a decent deck which is likely to come back in a big way due to this. Loss of Sylvanas does hurt a little though.

Volcano - Seems really good as a replacement for Elemental Destruction and is potentially even stronger just because it can deal with high health targets better.

Verdant Longneck - Seems kind of nuts? All the adaptations are at least decent with the worst outcome being a Booty Bay Bodyguard with a beast tag although they've only shown 6 of the 10 adaptations.

Dahbomb

wait so the priest legendary that you get after the quest... does it go to your hand? And does it HEAL you up to 40 as well?
Yes to all. It says "set" your HP to 40 so it's like a super Reno effect.

Thing is that it's not really a win condition against other control decks. You are still going to get that work against Control Warlock decks (if that's still a thing).

And against aggros the game is going to be decided before you play 7 Deathrattles in most cases but if you survive long enough to play 7 Deathrattles then you auto win against Aggro. It's like a clock against aggro.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK I STOPPED GIVING A FUCK ABOUT PRIESTS but IMAGINE the other class quest legendaries... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

gutshot

Also, will every class get their own quest card?

They start in your opening hand

I'm guessing only non-Secret classes will get Quest cards, given the way they've chosen to display an active Quest.

Dahbomb

Man I already know that Warlock is going to get a quest like "Summon Demons" and then you are going to be forced to play that Krull card which I hate.

Though you can probably make a better Midrange Demonlock deck instead if we get better demons.

squidyj

oh wow so quests are just added to your opening hand? hunh

So.... N'zoth Priest hunh? play a bunch of deathrattles hold onto the board, swing your health back, swing the boardstate.

Volcano looks pretty good. individual damage helps with things like divine shield and it deals with a wider array of board states up to 15hp

as far as adaptation goes.... I'm just glad brann won't be in standard anymore.

I thought they said quests are added to your opening hand

wiibomb

ohhh no...

more legendary cards... hope they just don't add more than the normal 20 legendaries, because these legendary spells could become my bane of HS.

other than that, I like what I'm seeing, the quest thing seems very directed to make specific archetypes a thing, like, they are trying to hard forcing them

Blizzard

Banned
Super RNG Shaman card, super RNG adapt (3/10) keyword. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

The worst part is having another month to wait though. D:

I would not trust any card "leaks" right now. We usually get a group of fake/blurry/off screen card "leaks" before expansion time.

And I just read that card effect.... yeah that is 200% fake. That's the most powerful card in the game. Unless it's like a Guardian that you get from White Eyes where it's actually part of another, weaker card.
Are you still sure it's 200% fake? ;)

Yoshichan

Oh btw

Looks like priests finally got a solid 1 drop this expansion 8)

Dahbomb

Well I guess now we know why Sylvanas was taken out and what "build around Deathrattle" stuff they had planned.

Cairne is back again boys! Also no more Museum Curator for Priest, they need more Deathrattle options.

Mistress of Mixtures, Shifting Shade, Loot Hoarder, Twilight Summon, Cairne... kinda need more Deathrattles than that.

Are you still sure it's 200% fake? ;)
Fake as in a card you play in your deck, not fake as in a token you get from some other card which this is. So I am still right in that this is not a collectible card you put in your deck.

JesseZao

ohhh no...

more legendary cards... hope they just don't add more than the normal 20 legendaries, because these legendary spells could become my bane of HS.

other than that, I like what I'm seeing, the quest thing seems very directed to make specific archetypes a thing, like, they are trying to hard forcing them

On the other hand, they tell your opponent exactly what you're trying to do that game (from turn one if you don't try to be sneaky and just play it straightaway).

Alrus

I don't understand why they announced it so early if we're not getting new infos until mid march. Seems kind of cock-teasey.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well I guess now we know why Sylvanas was taken out and what "build around Deathrattle" stuff they had planned.

Cairne is back again boys! Also no more Museum Curator for Priest, they need more Deathrattle options.

Mistress of Mixtures, Shifting Shade, Loot Hoarder, Twilight Summon, Cairne... kinda need more Deathrattles than that.

I doubt they'd print that as the class Legendary without supporting cards.

Tagyhag

Wow I'm actually surprised they're going through with the Quest thing, hopefully the game slows down enough that it's viable.

I'm liking what I'm hearing though, new type, Adapt could be cool (Might be a bit too powerful) and Quests of course could be all different.

JesseZao

That quest reward card is not collectable, right? Just one time use in that game.

Right. Think of it as a mix of Patches and White Eyes. The quest reward is placed in your hand once you satisfy the condition.

The quest spell is the collectable card.

Dahbomb

Priest might be back in tier 1 in Wild with this.

Insane Deathrattle options in Wild. Zombie Chow, Dark Cultist, Belcher, Shredder, Deathlord.

Blizzard

Banned
Fake as in a card you play in your deck, not fake as in a token you get from some other card which this is. So I am still right in that this is not a collectible card you put in your deck.
Well, the post you were replying to said, "Apparently you get it through a new quest mechanic in-game. I called this months ago."

So, it wasn't being suggested it was collectible. :p

gutshot

For N'Zoth Priest, you'd probably run something like this for your Deathrattle package:

Mistress of Mixtures x2
Loot Hoarder x2
Shifting Shade x2
Infested Tauren x2
Cairne x1

Plus whatever good Deathrattles get released in this set.

Yoshichan

Finally I can use my golden cairne from fucking vanilla times

I wonder if they will ever change or add to the Adapt pool or make cards that Adapt from a different pool of abilities. Because right now it seems like all dinos.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Priest might be back in tier 1 in Wild with this.

Insane Deathrattle options in Wild. Zombie Chow, Dark Cultist, Belcher, Shredder, Deathlord.

Yo, Dahbomb. Get your hands off your junk, brah. We haven't seen the rest of the cards yet.

Also the quest is 1 mana so you can't play Zombie Chow on your opening turn unless you have the coin.

wiibomb

wait... more info until march 17??? why? why not just wait about it until, I don't know, march 10 at least? Hope they have a reason.

Also can we talk about how irresponsible Elise is? Who on earth would bring children into *this* place?

In my country this is kind of trivial with the things we go through (LOL)

Sheroking

Yes to all. It says "set" your HP to 40 so it's like a super Reno effect.

Thing is that it's not really a win condition against other control decks. You are still going to get that work against Control Warlock decks (if that's still a thing).

And against aggros the game is going to be decided before you play 7 Deathrattles in most cases but if you survive long enough to play 7 Deathrattles then you auto win against Aggro. It's like a clock against aggro.

If it's a Deathrattle quest, it seems obvious that N'Zoth is the win condition.

Although N'Zoth may be worse on average due to needing to play lots of lower powered deathrattles to hit the 7. Like, you might rez 2 Mistress of Mixtures instead of a Sylvannas or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom