• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait... more info until march??? why? why not just wait about it until, I don't know, march 10 at least? Hope they have a reason.

Probably so they only have to plan out half a month of card reveals as opposed to an entire month.

Although it probably is a bit of an early announcement. Essentially two weeks of radio silence barring Blizzard having something else planned.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So do these quest spells act like secrets in that they are affected by flare, eater of secrets etc. ?
It won't work like that but rage would indeed ensue, imagine 6/7 quest finished and the guy has eater of secrets just waiting

Ladekabel

In order for the quest card to work I think Priests needs a defensive deathrattle two drop. Probably something along the line like "Museum Golem, 2 mana 3/4, Deathrattle: Heal your opponent for 10". I don't see Loot Hoarder or Huge Toad in this role. Thalnos will probably be played.

Otherwise I'm excited to see Cairne and Abomination in the first week of the expansion!

Curious about that Priest Quest token... if you set your Health to 40, will that be your new "starting" Health? Meaning will you now be able to Heal past 30?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
wait... more info until march 17??? why? why not just wait about it until, I don't know, march 10 at least? Hope they have a reason.

In my country this is kind of trivial with the things we go through (LOL)
Presumably the pre-order is going into the client tomorrow so they had to announce it.

wiibomb

If it's a Deathrattle quest, it seems obvious that N'Zoth is the win condition.

Although N'Zoth may be worse on average due to needing to play lots of lower powered deathrattles to hit the 7. Like, you might rez 2 Mistress of Mixtures instead of a Sylvannas or something.

this is interesting because yes, that quest card would make N'Zoth much much weaker, but in return you get a more powerful Reno with an added huge body on board, it kind of makes sense.

also, I can't wait for them to put naxx on sale again, I need all those cards for N'zoth wild priest

Blizzard

Banned
It won't work like that but rage would indeed ensue, imagine 6/7 quest finished and the guy has eater of secrets just waiting
The new Acidic Swamp Ooze, added to every deck. :p

Presumably the pre-order is going into the client tomorrow so they had to announce it.
I haven't been around for previous expansions. I assume preorders got you something extra compared to just buying on release day?

Pooya

7 DR seems easy to meet but you can't really meet it before turn 8. It's hard to play 2 DRs in one turn. 8 is too late, I guess aggro still wins lol. It's more annoying for midrange.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
7 DR seems really easy to meet but you can't really meet it before turn 8. It's hard to play 2 DRs in one turn. 8 is too late, I guess still wins lol. It's more annoying for midrange.

Playing nzoth decks you often have the ability to play nzoth and only spawn like 2-3 minions.

7 is really not all that easy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
7 DR seems really easy to meet but you can't really meet it before turn 8. It's hard to play 2 DRs in one turn. 8 is too late, I guess still wins lol. It's more annoying for midrange.

I think 7 deathrattles is actually pretty hard to meet. Try and build a priest deck where you curve out with deathrattles every single turn.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You would build it as a hard control deck built around clearing out aggro anyway.

It counts Summons so you can get N'Zoth out to meet the requirements.

Dahbomb

7 Deathrattles is difficult to meet against aggro where you want that quest reward the most.

Against Midrange is kinda hard but doable and in that match up the 5 mana 8/8 Taunt can be game winning.

Against control match ups you will reach that quest reward for sure but the 5 mana 8/8 Taunt is less relevant. You can probably shoot yourself back up to 40 in fatigue though if you hold on to the card until the end.

i did it it was easy I just used all the deathrattles they just printed.
He means in practical application against opponents using Pirates and Jades. By the time you get out your 7 Deathrattle minions... a Jade Druid is going to be summoning out 8/8s.

Realistically you are not going to have 7 Deathrattles played by turn 7 especially when on turn 1 you will be playing that quest card. So we are talking about turns 8/9/10 when you get to use your quest reward. What's the game state going to be like by that point?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not even a song? Fucking lame
This I agree

BLACKROOOOCK MOUNTAIN, A HEAAARTHSTONEE ADVENTURE - BOOM

The absolute best

Pooya

you pretty much have to curve MoM, loot hoarder, 3 spot? we don't have I think (edit: harvest golem is ok), 4 shades/summoner, 5 healbot/abom,6 Cairne, 7 ??? . Maybe play Bishops to resurrect some.

you're not hitting it at 8-9 ever, yeah I see it to work after N'Zoth. So it's slow. There will be new DRs card surely to make it better but that doesn't seem all that reachable in a fast meta game. If game is about grindy games, priest is the master of that anyway so I guess nothing really changes with priest with this card. In wild, it's obviously disgusting. I don't want to play wild again...

Ladekabel

so you're saying you want a priest otk combo?

I'm not opposed to OTK decks. :p

There is one when it's the Baron Rivendare brawl.

And as long as Emperor Thaurissan was in the standard I tried to make a Dragon Priest with Malygos + double Mind Blast + double Holy Smite work.

At least the 40 Health card is Priest only, I don't know if I could handle it if it was Neutral and created another Reno archetype for nearly every class.

The list of deathrattles Priest would potentially run in Standard would be something like;

Mistress of Mixtures
Loot Hoarder
Bloodmage Thalnos
Infested Tauren
Shifting Shade
Twilight Summoner
Cairne Bloodhoof

That's a decent number of cards they can run. The only issue is Mistress of Mixtures might be irrelevant in that deck because you'll always be looking to play your quest on turn 1. If you have the coin that changes things but even then maybe you don't run two of them.

Likely a couple more to be added as well, probably both class and neutral.

Dahbomb

A lot of those Deathrattles are super anti tempo. You are going to get run over if you play all of those cards in a deck.

People used to run all of those Deathrattles in Nzoth Priest/Paladin when Nzoth first came out. Then they got cut out because they were too slow.

Pooya

At least the 40 Health card is Priest only, I don't know if I could handle it if it was Neutral and created another Reno archetype for nearly every class.

play Jaraxxus or Majordomo then go to 40 life, the dream. Someone will do it on first day.

just realized Dr. Boom counts as 2 for this quest lol.

A lot of those Deathrattles are super anti tempo. You are going to get run over if you play all of those cards in a deck.

People used to run all of those Deathrattles in Nzoth Priest/Paladin when Nzoth first came out. Then they got cut out because they were too slow.

It's also incredibly unlikely that there will ever exist a perfect curve version of the deck in Standard. If the effect proves to be worth it then the one class that can survive some weaker early turns has typically been Priest.

Xanathus

I wonder if the Quest card is considered a spell and triggers Wild Pyromancer, it would be great with Pyromancer considering you always have it in your opening hand. On the other hand I also wonder if it can get Counter-spelled.

bjaelke

33127.png

Insane synergy with the new quest, if you can make them stick until turn 6(+).

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Quests is a cool idea for a card type. I hope this is something that lives beyond just this expansion.

Regarding this particular quest though: as others have said getting 7 deathrattles out without losing the game is going to be tough. Finishing this quest on curve seems almost impossible without just getting run over by any compently built deck. So that moves it more into the realm of N'Zoth and late game stuff. Which is fine and dandy but in Wild you are frequently not living long enough to see turn 10 and in Standard it's worse. We can hope there are enough anti-aggro cards (holy shit look at that Volcano in mid-range Shaman, BOARD CLEAR) to slow down the meta, but I am taking a wait-and-see approach on that front.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah Priest doesn't want to play a minion focused deck unless their minions have big early game butts with solid tempo. Stuff like Zombie Chow and Dark Cultist are good. This set needs to introduce more cards like those for me to think that this quest is viable. If a Priest just tries to just vomit a random collection of deathrattle duders they're going to get run over by basically everything.

Edit: Herald Volazj is cute, but not practical, like always.

Pooya

whether the card is any good or not it's entirely on what DR cards are there to play, I'm not holding my breath but you can only wait and see on it.

The mage card is kinda more realistic to be usable, you don't play many minions in a reno mage, this guy is a decent resource and of course all of them come back with N'Zoth. Reno Kazakus N'Zoth mage could be a thing and give that deck a better win condition. Maybe play some duplicates, you might not need Kazakus to be instantly activated.

Pooya

Actually you can't curve with MoM in priest. The quest itself cost 1 and you have to play it first on turn 1 so that's out... it's pretty hard to get there yeah... I didn't realize that at first.. rip.

I'm leaning toward bad/memes on this one.

wiibomb

so hmmm... this preorder will in in client? and amazon has currently a coin-back promotion.

seems interesting, although $50 is kind of a steep price for me

Q8D3vil

That priest quest card is bad as fuck and no way its going to be playable at all with all the jade cards.
they really fuck up with jade shitass mechanic.

Sheroking

Which also means you practically guarantee the quest after you play N'Zoth.

Which might not only force them to answer a big board, but the follow-up of a 5 mana 8/8 taunt that completely negates your ability to play a face game.

I like it.

Owzers

I'm looking forward to disliking new cards and decks.

But i have kept from crafting any card that will be rotating out next, didn't try for dragon priest, so I hope deathrattle priest is viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom