• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stress this enough, fuck priest.

Fuck that quest, fuck that class, heck fuck it if it's actually hard to complete.

First impressions are aside from the above, looks fun but cards were meh.

If I play on Android and already used my Google play account to buy the welcome pack, can I still use Amazon coins?

You just have to have the version of the game from the Amazon App Store, so if you downloaded the Google Play version you'll need to uninstall and reinstall from Amazon.

wiibomb

BTW, isn't it nice for anybody else to have an actually good name on an expansion?

for once the acronym won't be hard to put. WotoG, MSoG, ONiK, and now the best: JtU

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
BTW, isn't it nice for anybody else to have an actually good name on an expansion?

for once the acronym won't be hard to put. WotoG, MSoG, ONiK, and now the best: JtU

Bro you know that G is getting attached at the end. JTUG!

I think most people just removed the o from Gadgetzan and called it MSG.

The Grand Tournament (TGT)? Un'Goro seems cool, but still seems like they are doubling down on the RNG. Just hope they release a barrage of bullshit 1-3 cost minions once again and actually allow for some freedom. Also going to be interesting once the 210+ cards or so are removed from standard once this hits.

wiibomb

Bro you know that G is getting attached at the end. JTUG!

I think most people just removed the o from Gadgetzan and called it MSG.

by that metric you could also make JtU to just.. JU... or better yet, JUG!!!

The Grand Tournament (TGT)? Un'Goro seems cool, but still seems like they are doubling down on the RNG. Just hope they release a barrage of bullshit 1-3 cost minions once again and actually allow for some freedom. Also going to be interesting once the 210+ cards or so are removed from standard once this hits.

yeah, but since Whispers they have been on a streak of putting long and weird names to expansions

ZealousD

Not talking about the quest. More just hopeful for some kind of weird elemental synergy.

Anomalus is still a bad card, elemental synergy or not. If you want to play with Elemental synergy in Mage you'll have Water Elemental available to you.

Szadek

I'm just passing by to comment on the new cards:

Awaken the Makers: the cards is better the slower the meta is, which probably means it's going to suck.
Although, it also strongly depends on the rest of the set.

Pyros : Junk. A bad card that gives you bad card that gives you and even worse card.
This card is a crime against tempo. Only useful in a super grindy deck and even then priest can punish the cards too hard by stealing it.

Verdant Longneck: Alright I guess. Depends on the remaing 4 effects.

Volcano: Decent for control decks and not much else.

Dahbomb

Two Legendaries per class? Damn that's going to be expensive for the average player.

The more I think about it, the better the Volcano card seems to me. Must include for Control Shaman at the very least going forward, really strong in Arena as well. It's very rare that the opponent has more than 15 HP on the board so in many cases it's a board wipe against the opponent. Of course whether the card actually sees play or not is completely dependent is if slow Shaman decks will be a deck going forward.

Cat Party

oh I just imagined discovering a second Awaken the Makers out of that fucker...

EDIT: wait... could I discover one Amara eventually?

yeah it might be easier to understand and it isn't actually that long
You can only discover collectable cards, so no you can't discover Amara.

ZealousD

I think these are probably all of the existing Elementals in the game, excluding the brawl and single-player stuff.

Standard:
Al'Akir
Anomalus
Ragnaros Lightlord
Baron Geddon
Fire Elemental
Frost Elemental
Earth Elemental
Hallazeal the Ascended
Lightspawn
Water Elemental
Magma Rager
Am'gam Rager
Unbound Elemental
Mana Geode
Dust Devil
Twilight Elemental (Token from Hammer of Twilight)
Crystal (Token from Mana Geode)
Flame of Azzinoth (Token from Illidan)

Wild-only:
Ragnaros Firelord
Neptulon
Djinni of Zephyrs
Fireguard Destroyer
Rumbling Elemental
Ice Rager

Dahbomb

There are some clear high roll potentials with the Adapt cards.

Like 5/4 Beast with Taunt is god damn abysmal.

On the other hand, 5/4 Beast with Divine Shield is like... a very good card especially in Arena if you talk about stats. Essentially a 5/6ish minion with a tag. Like it's significantly better than a Silvermoon Guardian and Cthun's Chosen.

So far we have the following:

Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1s. I am going to assume these 1/1 plants don't have a tribe so that makes seem them kinda weak but is not that bad. Spider Wolf at 4 mana is 3/3 and summons 2 1/1s, this is a 5 mana 5/4 Beast that summons two vanilla 1/1s. Not that bad to be honest.

Windfury: Generally bad.

+3 Attack: Better than a Salty Dog, sometimes you want to play it in this mode as a high gambit play to finish the game fast or when you have a taunt up.

Divine Shield: Best option out of the 6.

Taunt: Generally bad but in certain situations can save you so there's merit to picking this option and having it be available as an option to begin with.

Can't be targetted: This is decent but not that great when you think about it. Spectral Knight was almost playable at 5 mana 4/6 and that was a superior stat distribution. So this is not that good of an option overall but sometimes it might be the best option out of the 3.

As far as the other 4 options go, I am guessing it's going to be:

Stealth: 5 mana 5/4 stealth, worse than Stranglethorn Tiger but still usable.
Charge: 5 mana 5/4 Charge, that's kinda godlike and I hope this isn't one of the option LOL!
Health: +3 HP would make it a 5/7 Beast for 5 mana which would be pretty solid stat distribution... much better than Pit Fighter. I think Blizzard will cop out and put it at +2 instead.

Last one is hardest to predict, it might become a heal card, it might become a draw card or a ramp card. I think the last option will be a utility type effect.

Explain again why druid combo was not okay but renolock combo is?
1) It's clearly not OK because not only is it being removed because of Emperor Thaurissan being rotated out but Blizzard is specifically removing PO so that this combo cannot be done.
2) It's far less consistent than Combo Druid because Renolock can't run two copies of Leeroy. You need 4 specific pieces AND an Emperor tick on one of them to get the full combo, so it's usually a two turn set up. Druid combo on the other hand requires a minion or two on board and two cards which you have two copies of. Big difference in consistency.
3) Druid could ramp up to turn 9 faster than Warlocks can, if you get only one tick on one of the combo pieces you are doing the combo at turn 10 the earliest. Druid could technically kill you as early as turn 6 through Wild Growth plus Innervate ramping and then getting a Shade to stick.

This expansion is already shaping up to be MUCH better than the last one. Quests are an interesting mechanic, especially since they always start in your hand, which means everyone can have a guaranteed turn 1 play now (INTERESTING).

@Dahbomb: Spectral Knight is bad because most matchups are about stat collisions on the board. However, if you've ever had a Faerie Dragon played against you turn 1 as Freeze Mage, you know the ability can be very powerful in some matchups. Being able to choose the ability instead of being forced into it is quite powerful, I think.

Dahbomb

This expansion is already shaping up to be MUCH better than the last one. Quests are an interesting mechanic, especially since they always start in your hand, which means everyone can have a guaranteed turn 1 play now (INTERESTING).

@Dahbomb: Spectral Knight is bad because most matchups are about stat collisions on the board. However, if you've ever had a Faerie Dragon played against you turn 1 as Freeze Mage, you know the ability can be very powerful in some matchups. Being able to choose the ability instead of being forced into it is quite powerful, I think.
Spectral Knight isn't bad at all, it used to see play in Druid decks.

And yeah the ability can be powerful but by turn 5 you generally have more ways to answer a card like that. I do also agree that being able to choose this ability makes it stronger than if it was just a regular 5/4 5 mana minion.

This card is harder to rate but at the very least this is a very good Arena card. But Druid's 5 slot is very crowded at the moment even with Azure Drake gone so it's hard to see this card seeing play in Constructed.

Some of us actually play wild :
There's more degenerate stuff in Wild anyway. You got the full Anyfin combo with Murkeye. You still got Shamans running around with Crackles and insane burst. You got Ship's Cannon Pirate Warrior. You still have Freeze Mage and Ice Lances. But LOL @ playing combo decks in Wild, good luck with that.

Lyng

To be fair combo decks in wow usually only consists of a few cards and any two year old can pull it off.

The anyfin combo is very easy to play around. But there are some pretty interesting decks in wild right now. Malygos shaman is actually cool.

Owzers

Two Legendaries per class? Damn that's going to be expensive for the average player.

The more I think about it, the better the Volcano card seems to me. Must include for Control Shaman at the very least going forward, really strong in Arena as well. It's very rare that the opponent has more than 15 HP on the board so in many cases it's a board wipe against the opponent. Of course whether the card actually sees play or not is completely dependent is if slow Shaman decks will be a deck going forward.
I doubt I'll even be able to keep up, let alone newer players.

2 legendaries per class makes a LOT of sense - now we know why Blizzard is giving us so much free dust!

Spectral Knight isn't bad at all, it used to see play in Druid decks.

And yeah the ability can be powerful but by turn 5 you generally have more ways to answer a card like that. I do also agree that being able to choose this ability makes it stronger than if it was just a regular 5/4 5 mana minion.

This card is harder to rate but at the very least this is a very good Arena card. But Druid's 5 slot is very crowded at the moment even with Azure Drake gone so it's hard to see this card seeing play in Constructed.

There's more degenerate stuff in Wild anyway. You got the full Anyfin combo with Murkeye. You still got Shamans running around with Crackles and insane burst. You got Ship's Cannon Pirate Warrior. You still have Freeze Mage and Ice Lances. But LOL @ playing combo decks in Wild, good luck with that.
The Renolock combo is very effective in Wild, as you know.

Also, I played Patron Warrior on Sunday and went something like 9-1, getting up to rank 9 before I lost my first match. No one is prepared for it in the meta, and all of the AoE, taunts, and armorsmiths are a VERY good answer to Pirate decks. The only AoE you see in the meta is Midrange Shaman and Freeze Mage, and Freeze Mage auto-loses to the deck anyway.

ZealousD

As far as the other 4 options go, I am guessing it's going to be:

Stealth: 5 mana 5/4 stealth, worse than Stranglethorn Tiger but still usable.
Charge: 5 mana 5/4 Charge, that's kinda godlike and I hope this isn't one of the option LOL!
Health: +3 HP would make it a 5/7 Beast for 5 mana which would be pretty solid stat distribution... much better than Pit Fighter. I think Blizzard will cop out and put it at +2 instead.

Last one is hardest to predict, it might become a heal card, it might become a draw card or a ramp card. I think the last option will be a utility type effect.

None of the options appear to be targeted, so I wouldn't expect a heal. Stealth or +2 HP is fine.

Poison, Silence, Spell Damage +1, these are all possible.

Edit: Nevermind, silence is targeted. So just Poison and Spell Damage +1.

Dahbomb

Every combo deck seems cool until it's the meta and then everyone hates it.

Spell damage would be pretty cool, 5 mana 5/4 +1 Spell damage. Seems balanced, significantly worse than Azure Drake.

Dahbomb

It's not really a Renolock combo when you don't need to be highlander and there's like 3 classes that could pull it off.

Few people complained about Maly rogue.
Yeah that's true.

You can pull off an identical Leeory combo in Rogue. You can even sub out Faceless and Emperor, use two Shadowsteps/Cold Bloods instead.

You can use it in Paladin. Get ticks on two Blessing of Mights, Leeroy + 2x Mights plus Faceless for 24 damage. One extra card but 4 extra burst damage.

You can use it in Shaman but you need tick on two of the combo pieces. Leeroy + Windfury + Faceless = 24 damage. If you happen to squeeze in a single Rockbiter in there by getting ticks on all 4 cards, that's an OTK right there.

Druids can probably do it too with Emperor tick on the two cards plus Savage Roar. That's about same damage as Renolock.

Renolock is able to do it more consistently because of the card draw and the fact that those other cards are useful for them in situations other than just OTK purposes. Faceless can be used on one of their big minions, Leeroy can be comboed with Shadowflame and PO can be comboed with Sylvanas/Shadowflame or just killing a random minion with a crap minion of your own.

Dahbomb

2x Zombie Chow and 2x Mistress of Mixtures pretty much guarantees it.
Well it's pretty much established that Nzoth Priest is going to be legit in Wild. It's a question of how it performs in Standard.

And what if they make an equivalent for Pirates? Summon 7 Pirates, then you get a 5 mana 8/8 Charge Pirate that buffs your weapon by +3/+3.

scarlet

2x Zombie Chow and 2x Mistress of Mixtures pretty much guarantees it.

Well it's pretty much established that Nzoth Priest is going to be legit in Wild. It's a question of how it performs in Standard.

And what if they make an equivalent for Pirates? Summon 7 Pirates, then you get a 5 mana 8/8 Charge Pirate that buffs your weapon by +3/+3.

Yeah, talking about standard.

Rogue Quest:play 5 deathrattle minions, 5 stealth minions and 5 pirates.
Get 2 coins.

Friggin' hype, i hope the Quests actually work and become part of the meta.

Quest card is a spell, so it's optional. I'm afraid doing quest is kinda slow in this current aggro meta. Let's see after JTU released.

Yeah that's true.

You can pull off an identical Leeory combo in Rogue. You can even sub out Faceless and Emperor, use two Shadowsteps/Cold Bloods instead.

You can use it in Paladin. Get ticks on two Blessing of Mights, Leeroy + 2x Mights plus Faceless for 24 damage. One extra card but 4 extra burst damage.

You can use it in Shaman but you need tick on two of the combo pieces. Leeroy + Windfury + Faceless = 24 damage. If you happen to squeeze in a single Rockbiter in there by getting ticks on all 4 cards, that's an OTK right there.

Druids can probably do it too with Emperor tick on the two cards plus Savage Roar. That's about same damage as Renolock.

Renolock is able to do it more consistently because of the card draw and the fact that those other cards are useful for them in situations other than just OTK purposes. Faceless can be used on one of their big minions, Leeroy can be comboed with Shadowflame and PO can be comboed with Sylvanas/Shadowflame or just killing a random minion with a crap minion of your own.
I was thinking Blessing of Might for 18 damage from hand with Paladin. Hadn't even considered shaman and druid. Would Leroy Flametongue Faceless work for 18?
That was significally more skill intensive then reno lock
I don't think so, Maly Rogue was pretty easy to pilot imo. It's a deck that's all about spending as few resources as possible to stay on the board, then go for a big finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom