• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

these are all 10 adaptations

1) Deathrattle: "Summon two 1/1 Plants."
2) +3 Attack
3) Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.
4) Divine Shield
5) Windfury
6) Taunt
7) +3 Health
8) +1/+1
9) Temporary Stealth
10) Poison

there is no charge sadly /s.

Divine Shield is probably the best one most of the time, the deathrattle one is pretty good too. Pick the spell proof depending on opponent's class like against mage/rogue. Honestly all of them can be decent depending on the situation and it involves some skill testing and reads, RNG isn't too high variance with most of them except getting taunt when you absolutely need it or not to block lethal. Still some are clearly better than the rest, like +3 hp is almost always better than 3 attack or +1/+1 on the minion we saw. It depends on the base stats, that could change easily.

Pretty good. It would be a really powerful mechanic on a cheap minion like 2 drops though...

I guess this was posted on a Taiwan Hearthstone site? Not sure if it's legit or not.

D731QJh.png

FeD.nL

2) +3 Attack
4) Divine Shield
5) Windfury
6) Taunt
7) +3 Health
8) +1/+1
9) Temporary Stealth
10) Poison

Divine Shield is probably the best one most of the time, the deathrattle one is pretty good too. Pick the spell proof depending on opponent's class like against mage/rogue. Honestly all of them can be decent depending on the situation and it involves some skill testing and reads, RNG isn't toohigh variance with most of them except getting taunt when you absolutely need it or not to block lethal. Pretty good. It would be a really powerful mechanic on a cheap minion like 2 drops though...

I'm just waiting for a stupid overstatted minion to be announced with this mechanic. While the RNG might not be too high variance the power level of the stuff you can get is. Getting spellshield/divine shield is so much better than +1/+1 or Windfury.

They'll probably announce the stupid minion and then games will be decided by one player getting divine/spell shield and the other getting the choice out of +1/+1/+3atk/windfury. Color me surprised if this isn't going to happen.

edit:

RG0BS1U.gif

jgminto

I guess this was posted on a Taiwan Hearthstone site? Not sure if it's legit or not.
That's just stupid, that's one of those cards Blizzard prints when they want to make a deck work with zero regard for balance. Even without Anyfin, some sort of Murloc deck will be insane. Murloc Pally will probably rule Wild.

Pooya

must make sure you have nothing on board on turn 5 to deny finja value. Play nothing is the play, it's like warsong frothing.

did they really test that card? lol.

The (presumably) translated text on that card does not explain whether this is giving your minions on the board adapt or minions in your hand adapt or deck etc.. Maybe it's deck or hand but if not I suppose the adapts you get are random. Sorta like that gvg minion that gave your minions divine shield, windfury, or taunt.

Pooya

adapt is a discover, so no, you definitely choose and give all of your murlocs one buff. That makes the most sense. With what we've seen adapt works on board so that answers that too I think. Generally when it's not stated it happens on board like with Zoobot.

It has synergy with The Curator as well which is kinda nuts lol.

Also really seeming like the card is legit. The site that posted it has had card reveals for all the past expansions so at this point I don't believe there's any reason to think it's fake.

I am very disappointed with adapt as it is more rng based mechanics that can give huge tempo early in the game or coin flip a late game match. It just feels like totems all over again. Hopefully it is not as simple as it seems on better cards.

Pooya

I don't think RNG is all too relevant with that card, if you pull it off on a Finja board you win with like half the options anyway. You're guaranteed to get one. You might not win the turn but it creates a board almost impossible to remove on 6 mana, or it deals lots of damage you're dead anyway next turn or similar.

Pooya

it's kinda funny Mike Donais comes and talks how they don't like combos that deal lots of damage but they print something far more powerful and easier to do that's not a combo even.

fertygo

I don't think RNG is all too relevant with that card, if you pull it off on a Finja board you win with like half the options anyway. You're guaranteed to get one. You might not win the turn but it creates a board almost impossible to remove on 6 mana, or it deals lots of damage you're dead anyway next turn or similar.

Stampeding Kodo meta

nah that scenario is too far fetched like Stranglehorn tiger into managerie warden thingie

I think Adapt as mechanic impacting arena more than constructed

Are you saying discover isn't complained about? Isn't it always complained about? Discover potion rng for example can decide games. I have always seen discover included in the complaints. That's why I hate the idea of adapt. Or did I misunderstand your post.
I never noticed these complaints outside of drakop. At least on gaf, I'm not active in any other community and gaf appears to love discover.

Measley

2) +3 Attack
4) Divine Shield
5) Windfury
6) Taunt
7) +3 Health
8) +1/+1
9) Temporary Stealth
10) Poison

Divine Shield is probably the best one most of the time, the deathrattle one is pretty good too. Pick the spell proof depending on opponent's class like against mage/rogue. Honestly all of them can be decent depending on the situation and it involves some skill testing and reads, RNG isn't too high variance with most of them except getting taunt when you absolutely need it or not to block lethal. Still some are clearly better than the rest, like +3 hp is almost always better than 3 attack or +1/+1 on the minion we saw. It depends on the base stats, that could change easily.

Pretty good. It would be a really powerful mechanic on a cheap minion like 2 drops though...

Honestly it should be +2/+2 in order to compete. That +1/+1 seems pretty weak compared to the others. Nice to see Spell immunity as one of the choices btw.

squidyj

And Paladin goes to tier 1.

have finja on board
swing in and summon 2 more murlocs
drop this guy
get windfury
get 2 more murlocs and an overwhelming board on turn 6

Edit: Actually there's potential to RNG 24 damage on turn 6 or 4 if you're druid.
not quite otk I guess, did some math wrong.
so imma go with fake as shit.

have finja on board
swing in and summon 2 more murlocs
drop this guy
get windfury
get 2 more murlocs and an overwhelming board on turn 6

Edit: Actually there's potential to RNG 24 damage on turn 6 or 4 if you're druid.
not quite otk I guess, did some math wrong.
so imma go with fake as shit.

And then whatever happens you drop Anyfin and it's gg.

Portugeezer

Honestly it should be +2/+2 in order to compete. That +1/+1 seems pretty weak compared to the others. Nice to see Spell immunity as one of the choices btw.
6/5 is premium as far as raw stats, plus it's a beast which is relevant but may become even more relevant in this expansion.

This "Adapt" mechanic just show's that they're doubling down on the RNG side of Hearthstone, which is the worst part of the game. If that's the case, then they can stick their £35 pre-order crap.

Arjen

This "Adapt" mechanic just show's that they're doubling down on the RNG side of Hearthstone, which is the worst part of the game. If that's the case, then they can stick their £35 pre-order crap.

Yeah that's how im feeling. Not to happy that they're adding another rng based mechanic in the game.

scarlet

Does anyone have the list of class cards and neutral that will be rotated? At least the significant one?

I know it's TGT, BRM, LOE. But I'm too lazy to check.

fertygo

But what you gonna upset about 'highrolled' by the adapt mechanic?

Really not seeing that sort of thing. Unless there some flamewhreath faceless type of shit with adapt.

I think the mechanic gonna made arena a lot of fun... I dont see its benefit of construtced gameplay because people play their usual n handy removal but in arena its can made you handle yòur resource differently.

Sheroking

Does anyone have the list of class cards and neutral that will be rotated? At least the significant one?

I know it's TGT, BRM, LOE. But I'm too lazy to check.

Some significant cards to be rotated out include:

Living Roots
Mulch
Aviana
Kings Elekk
Arcane Blast
Confessor Paletress
Wyrmrest Agent
Totem Golem
Thunderbluff
Healing Wave
Bash
Alex's Champion
Argent Horserider
Flame Juggler
Refreshment Vendor
Twilight Guardian
Nexus Champion
Justicar
Chillmaw
Blackwing Tech
Blackwing Corruptor
Drakanoid Crusher
Emperor
Quickshot
Flamewaker
Twilight Whelp
Imp Gang Boss
Demonwrath
Revenge
Huge Toad
Jeweled Scarab
Djinni
Finley
Brann
Reno
Elise
Raven Idol
Forgotten Torch
Keeper of Uldaman
Entomb
Excavated Evil
Tomb Pillager
Tunnel Trogg
Dark Peddler
Fierce Monkey

Alrus

I feel it's similar to the discover mechanic. I don't think it's nearly as bad as shit like babbling book.

scarlet

Some significant cards to be rotated out include:

Living Roots
Mulch
Aviana
Kings Elekk
Arcane Blast
Confessor Paletress
Wyrmrest Agent
Totem Golem
Thunderbluff
Healing Wave
Bash
Alex's Champion
Argent Horserider
Flame Juggler
Refreshment Vendor
Twilight Guardian
Nexus Champion
Justicar
Chillmaw
Blackwing Tech
Blackwing Corruptor
Drakanoid Crusher
Emperor
Quickshot
Flamewaker
Twilight Whelp
Imp Gang Boss
Demonwrath
Revenge
Huge Toad
Jeweled Scarab
Djinni
Finley
Brann
Reno
Elise
Raven Idol
Forgotten Torch
Keeper of Uldaman
Entomb
Excavated Evil
Tomb Pillager
Tunnel Trogg
Dark Peddler
Fierce Monkey

Thank you.

RIP my dragon priest.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

2) +3 Attack
4) Divine Shield
5) Windfury
6) Taunt
7) +3 Health
8) +1/+1
9) Temporary Stealth
10) Poison

+3 hp is generally better than Divine Shield. The average powerlevel of divine shield falls between +2 hp and +3 hp most of the time. Think about how Scarlet Crusader and Shielded Minibot and how those cards usually trade and you'll see what I mean.

This only changes when Divine Shield stacks with a mechanic like Charge where your opponent has fewer opportunities to trade with the Divine Shield in the way they want.

The minion doesn't seem bad, but murlocs will have to be good which is doubtful. Anyfin is rotating. Murlocs haven't made much if any of a deck since closed beta outside of anyfin decks. Even murloc knight is going out. And I think windfury being the only great finishing tool, something that relies on you having a sizeable board to begin with... so far I think it's not that relevant of a card. Assuming it works the way the text is laid out in the translation.

Notably, there is no version of it up on hearthpwn yet.

And then whatever happens you drop Anyfin and it's gg.

Anyfin is rotating. Is that why you said paladin tier 1?

But what you gonna upset about 'highrolled' by the adapt mechanic?

Really not seeing that sort of thing. Unless there some flamewhreath faceless type of shit with adapt.

I think the mechanic gonna made arena a lot of fun... I dont see its benefit of construtced gameplay because people play their usual n handy removal but in arena its can made you handle yòur resource differently.

My problem with it's yet more randomness, you or your opponent gets a choice of 3 from 10. It's why so many people keep Brann for Kazakus 'cos with 2 chances you might get something you want. Reno mirror's are usually decided by who gets offered the better potion.

Drak OP, Kabal Courier, Babbling Book, Kabalist's Tome, Peddler, Netherspite Historian - people are winning matches with cards that are not in their decks that can't be played around, and it depresses me when it happens. And adding another "wow, didn't see that coming..." mechanic isn't filling me with much confidence which is why I might hold off from pre-ordering and just see how it all shakes out. I miss out on card pack value but I think it could be worth the risk.

Ketch

As a totally casual hearthstone observer it always seems to me that they think releasing more late game cards will somehow shift the meta to more control, when in reality releasing more late game cards just means more cards that can't be played.

Ripenen

Do you guys think Blizzard values deck building as a part of the game? Feels sometimes like they are pretty much building our decks for us at this point.

sibarraz

Banned
Don't know how good is gentle dinosaur, by how the metas normally go, you never have that many murlocs to make the buff worthy, doesn't look like something that you can build a deck around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom