• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

well.. this is odd, with the murloc recipe from shaman (with some maelstrom portals and some lightining storms since I don't have Finja or the Warleaders) has been working.

I mean... casual, sure, but I already won 3 games with it

looking for someone to trade 80g quests on NA

quote for battletag

I can help you, but I don't have the quest, let me know if you want.

Ladekabel

Since I opened Finja and been trying to make a Paladin Dragon Murloc deck work. Saw that there is a Dragon Warrior with Finja. Thing is I don't have Patches and don't want to craft it because it's disgusting. Any way to replace it?

wiibomb

Since I opened Finja and been trying to make a Paladin Dragon Murloc deck work. Saw that there is a Dragon Warrior with Finja. Thing is I don't have Patches and don't want to craft it because it's disgusting. Any way to replace it?

why don't you make a murloc paladin deck? they have been really good now apparently

here's a fun priest deck i made
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/744248-wild-finja-dragon-priest

patches is just really good early game for warrior in general. as for paladin, idk, dragon murloc sounds like something that would be MUCH more viable in wild since you'd have access to other very strong early game options like minibot and muster. in general finja is HUGELY better in wild due to being able to include old murk eye.

finja is also fun with a triple faction zoobot druid deck if you want to play dragons finja package and some beasts with savage roar

Ladekabel

why don't you make a murloc paladin deck? they have been really good now apparently

I like Dragons. And I'd like to play Dragon Murloc Warrior without Patches.

here's a fun priest deck i made
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/744248-wild-finja-dragon-priest

patches is just really good early game for warrior in general. as for paladin, idk, dragon murloc sounds like something that would be MUCH more viable in wild since you'd have access to other very strong early game options like minibot and muster. in general finja is HUGELY better in wild due to being able to include old murk eye.

finja is also fun with a triple faction zoobot druid deck if you want to play dragons finja package and some beasts with savage roar

Thanks but I don't like playing Wild that much. If I play Wild than exclusively N'Zoth Patron.

scarlet

Firebat's malygos rogue seems good.

Wanted to craft one, but it's so close to un'goro and I'm hesitate to spend gold and dust for the current meta.

what in the world could someone find bad about ranked floors? they allow you to play around on ladder and snag ranked wins and have felt like they've increased diversity, at least at 5/10/15 since people aren't terrified to lose ranks and feel free to step a tiny bit away from the 5 netdecks that otherwise pollute everything. what's bad about that lol

Firebat's malygos rogue seems good.

Wanted to craft one, but it's so close to un'goro and I'm hesitate to spend gold and dust for the current meta.

if you're willing to play wild with emperor thaus, malygos will always have some (albeit not top tier) decks that work, really no risk in making it. You're going to get a ton of dust from daily login rewards and the nerfs.

squidyj

what in the world could someone find bad about ranked floors? they allow you to play around on ladder and snag ranked wins and have felt like they've increased diversity, at least at 5/10/15 since people aren't terrified to lose ranks and feel free to step a tiny bit away from the 5 netdecks that otherwise pollute everything. what's bad about that lol

netdecks. you used netdecks as a pejorative term. you called a meta 'pollution'

k.

k.

i did, this is a children's card game, i could care less about hitting legend and whatnot, no point in bothering to try to get above 5 monthly. i get the most enjoyment out of playing semi creative decks that people don't expect but work alright and i love it when i run into others doing the same, that's why i'll probably always be a fan of wild. any changes to the game that allow more decks and cards to be viable or played is great.

Nachos

k.
Could you at least explain why you don't like the floors? I'm having trouble understanding why they're an issue, too, when it seems to me like they only encourage deck variety.

squidyj

i did, this is a children's card game, i could care less about hitting legend and whatnot, no point in bothering to try to get above 5 monthly. i get the most enjoyment out of playing semi creative decks that people don't expect but work alright and i love it when i run into others doing the same, that's why i'll probably always be a fan of wild. any changes to the game that allow more decks and cards to be viable or played is great.

you do what you want to do but the contempt you're holding for the existence of a meta is laughable.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh great the Murloc quest.

Time to fill a warlock deck with Murlocs and play casual for like 10 games.

manhack

I'm not really against people trying out different decks and doing their quests. It is just frustrating wading through a meta of pirate warrior and random ass bullshit.

Again for anyone who is seriously trying to climb the ladder it can be tilting even if irrationally so.

Tagyhag

I'm not really against people trying out different decks and doing their quests. It is just frustrating wading through a meta of pirate warrior and random ass bullshit.

Again for anyone who is seriously trying to climb the ladder it can be tilting even if irrationally so.

The fact that you're losing to a bunch of random quest decks be the fault of the game or you? :p

Tagyhag

Of course I'm terrible at the game and am losing due to constant misplays.

give me a break.

If you're really competitive you picked the wrong TCG to be honest.

No matter how skilled you are, Hearthstone is designed in a way that you'll lose to shit decks and against people who are clearly not as good. If that bothers you a lot, you should give Magic a chance.

I'm in agreement with the pirate warriors, but I don't think that seeing the same 10 netdecks in ladder with no one trying out new things would make it a good experience.

JesseZao

If you're really competitive you picked the wrong TCG to be honest.

No matter how skilled you are, Hearthstone is designed in a way that you'll lose to shit decks and against people who are clearly not as good. If that bothers you a lot, you should give Magic a chance.

I'm in agreement with the pirate warriors, but I don't think that seeing the same 10 netdecks in ladder with no one trying out new things would make it a good experience.

MtGO has a terrible digital interface and paper magic is too expensive, otherwise I'd be in.

Pooya

sometimes I go to the other ladder (wild or standard depending on what I played previous season) to do some quests at rank 20 and it's like absurdly greedy random priest after another one and they're all random decks. I'm not going to play around mind control, shadow madness and a whole lot of other trash and it's just really tilting when you lose terrible players like that. Doing some paladin quest becomes really hard.

Seeing decks like those makes you appreciate pirate warrior exisitng, if the game doesn't have aggro all of it becomes that. Good to have Jades too. Considering how many priests are down there, the new player experience must be god awful. Who would want to keep playing this game after seeing bunch of terrible priest decks that only beat you? I understand why they don't give priest good cards, if it becomes really good it's a problem. It was a bit of a problem around LoE, they had so many clears and fatigue priest was a thing with entomb and excavated. I'm happy fatigue isn't going to be a thing for a whole year. At least when I die to aggro, it's over quickly.

Things got a little wild
Hearthstone_Screenshot_03-07-17_23.49.10.png

Rank 15 to rank 5 playing malygos rogue.

.eJwNx1EOgyAMANC7cABKyYroZUyDBFxECO2-lt19fr28r_nMy2ymqg7ZAI5TUp-HFe2TS7al93JlHqfY1BuwKqfa8q0CGBBpeTnnCCm61UfwMT4sTwlXCt4HaDxT3b3DYN-jmN8faIojAA.kYuuyP73db4tobOGswpTzwdTZMc

decklist

Not that many warriors fortuneately. Had some bad draws vs priests though.

8.3 hours of gameplay

edit:
Actually 7.5 hours. I played some wild and forgot to exclude the wild games.

fertygo

I think I'm gonna go with this Renolock for tommorrow Heroic Brawl

3dvRnfb.png

Its extremely brew for against Pirate Warrior, Water Rogue, and Mid Shaman, 3 most popular deck that I expect to meet the most.

Some explanation about card selection:

- There is Leeroy but no faceless or emperor, I think even targetting tempo deck like Water Rogue, some burst is really needed to finish/stole game, you shouldn't expect to just clear their stuff, also valid tactic against mid-shaman, also needed vs janky control deck that can pop out of nowhere, its not maximum burst but I think its workable

- No Gang Boss but Red Ooze instead, I think its better because Red Ooze can kill Frothing and Gang Boss not

- Felfire Potion instead Shadowflame to handle Finja's board more flexible

- No Mountain Giant and Faceless Shambler, putting more reliable 4 drop like argus and Tazdingo

- Still not sure about not playing Shadowflame tho, the only tempo board clear that I have is Enforcer and perfect Kazakus Potion, can screw me vs Jade Deck, already had trouble vs Jade Druid when testing on Ladder. its look promising versus 3 deck that I target

you do what you want to do but the contempt you're holding for the existence of a meta is laughable.

Nothing is more contemptuous than arguing that something is laughable.

He made a simple point: diversity in deck-building is good for the game. It involves each player more in that element of the game. If you appreciate the meta quality of a game, then overwhelming netdecking is precisely an issue.

Dahbomb

I think I'm gonna go with this Renolock for tommorrow Heroic Brawl

3dvRnfb.png

Its extremely brew for against Pirate Warrior, Water Rogue, and Mid Shaman, 3 most popular deck that I expect to meet the most.

Some explanation about card selection:

- There is Leeroy but no faceless or emperor, I think even targetting tempo deck like Water Rogue, some burst is really needed to finish/stole game, you shouldn't expect to just clear their stuff, also valid tactic against mid-shaman, also needed vs janky control deck that can pop out of nowhere, its not maximum burst but I think its workable

- No Gang Boss but Red Ooze instead, I think its better because Red Ooze can kill Frothing and Gang Boss not

- Felfire Potion instead Shadowflame to handle Finja's board more flexible

- No Mountain Giant and Faceless Shambler, putting more reliable 4 drop like argus and Tazdingo

- Still not sure about not playing Shadowflame tho, the only tempo board clear that I have is Enforcer and perfect Kazakus Potion, can screw me vs Jade Deck, already had trouble vs Jade Druid when testing on Ladder. its look promising versus 3 deck that I target
This is heavily targetting the meta deck, I kinda like it but these decks sometimes fail heavily. I still like Emperor Thaurissan in the deck though, it's just so much tempo freedom in the later game even with no combo.

I think you might as well cut Power Overwhelming since you have neither Sylvanas nor Shadowflame. It's going to be kinda dead especially against the decks you are targetting.

fertygo

This is heavily targetting the meta deck, I kinda like it but these decks sometimes fail heavily. I still like Emperor Thaurissan in the deck though, it's just so much tempo freedom in the later game even with no combo.

I think you might as well cut Power Overwhelming since you have neither Sylvanas nor Shadowflame. It's going to be kinda dead especially against the decks you are targetting.
I had to cut Leeroy then if I cut PO not sure if I like that.

Dahbomb

I had to cut Leeroy then if I cut PO not sure if I like that.
But you also have Soulfire. That's essentially a 3 piece combo right there for 14 damage. Where as Leeroy and Soulfire can be used for other stuff, PO is now only really there for the combo and occasionally trading one of your bad minions. Without Sylvanas/Faceless/Shadowflame/Shambler the value of PO is a lot worse.

I still think you should squeeze in Emperor. You are able to use more permutations of burst with it like Leeroy Soulfire plus Felfire if need be.

wiibomb

just hit 4K gold for the expansion...

man, this game is really hard to get things without throwing money, I haven't got a single pack for months now waiting for the expansion

Got a gold Tinkmaster yesterday that I assume I should wait until Un'goro before dusting, even if there's still some classic legendary cards I don't have, like Edwin.

Although, tbh, most Rogue decks are out of my reach as I don't have any Prep cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom