• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I opened Finja and been trying to make a Paladin Dragon Murloc deck work. Saw that there is a Dragon Warrior with Finja. Thing is I don't have Patches and don't want to craft it because it's disgusting. Any way to replace it?
I feel the same way. I refuse to "support" the card by crafting it.
Inspire is rotating out right? Such a great idea for a possible mechanic that they completely fucked up. Oh well.

Yeah, I think Inspire cards were only printed in LoE, which is being rotated next month. I have mixed feelings about it as a mechanic though. It's fun when you make it work, but it snowballs in a way I don't find very fun on the opposing side -- similar to something like Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Archmage Antonidas, and Jade Idol. I honestly just dislike cards that can give "infinite" value if you don't have an immediate answer. At least GA can run out of cards though.

Playing Dirty Rat on curve in Arena. What could go wrong?

Validated Doomsayer

Oh.

Also I know the Healing Totem isn't great, but I've got almost a full board against Reno Mage trying to break his Ice Block without overextending. His Blizzard leaves my minions at 1 HP and I can't get the heal, which means he just spends the next couple turns pinging everything.

Had a long long game against Anyfin Paladin where he played both Warleaders in one turn, so I used Devolve. His Barnes pulled Tirion though. I was actually at 1 HP when he hit fatigue; I had to Hex my own minion to keep a Taunt up. Used my second Hex on his actual Tirion.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Got a gold Tinkmaster yesterday that I assume I should wait until Un'goro before dusting, even if there's still some classic legendary cards I don't have, like Edwin.

Although, tbh, most Rogue decks are out of my reach as I don't have any Prep cards.

Tinkmaster has never really been in the meta since beta. I would say he's a pretty safe dust all things considered.

Inspire was fine. A few cards were competitive for a while, and it was great in Arena. Joust was the real joke mechanic.

Oh, I don't think Inspire was ever overpowered or anything. If anything, Blizz almost played it too safe and made them too slow. But when they do hit, like with Murloc Knight or Stampeding Kodo, it's not a "fun" way to lose. It's literally just: can you answer this immediately? No? Enjoy the loss.

ZealousD

Okay, so apparently you can vote for Lifecoach. That's surprise number one.

Surprise number two, is that you can also vote for his wife to be on the Austrian team? When Lifecoach is representing Germany?

wiibomb

Okay, so apparently you can vote for Lifecoach. That's surprise number one.

Surprise number two, is that you can also vote for his wife to be on the Austrian team? When Lifecoach is representing Germany?

what exactly is weird about lifecoach? that he isn't anchored or that he is planning to go? because last I heard, he is still playing HS, just not in streams and not in ladder grinds

ZealousD

I voted Amnesiac. I want someone who really cares about winning to represent my country.

8yNTtAA.jpg

what exactly is weird about lifecoach? that he isn't anchored or that he is planning to go? because last I heard, he is still playing HS, just not in streams and not in ladder grinds

Oh I thought he was quitting for good? Maybe I got the wrong memo.

TankUP

one oooooold gods pack, love Blizzard's generosity.

Blizzard could mail everyone who plays HS a $100 and the top posts would all be complaints about the number of creases.

Which is it? One pack is so important that skipping a tavern brawl week is akin to stealing from their player base or one pack is so insignificant that getting a free pack for voting is an insult?

wiibomb

Blizzard could mail everyone who plays HS a $100 and the top posts would all be complaints about the number of creases.

Which is it? One pack is so important that skipping a tavern brawl week is akin to stealing from their player base or one pack is so insignificant that getting a free pack for voting is an insult?

Blizzards generosity is the real insult here... It doesn't have to do with the tavern brawl at all, not even with this free WotOG pack, it has to do with Blizzard's approach at the F2P player and how frustrating it is right now.

I really don't want to get started on that.

Pooya

gifting others old useless trash that has no value to you is quite insulting in general yeah. Want my old smelly socks? thank me please.

play like any other game, you will realize how odd and in poor form this is. Including Blizzard's own games. You have a event? you give people new things...duh.

squidyj

Nothing is more contemptuous than arguing that something is laughable.

He made a simple point: diversity in deck-building is good for the game. It involves each player more in that element of the game. If you appreciate the meta quality of a game, then overwhelming netdecking is precisely an issue.

we're talking about the lack of existence of a meta though, a 'meta' where people just throw any fucking thing into any fucking deck isn't a meta there's nothing to play around and there's nothing to think about in your deckbuilding or your plays, it's some arena level shit.

TankUP

F2P players who only do daily quests get an average of 70+ packs every expansion, not including promo events and brawl. They're adding log in bonuses and free single player pve content that rewards packs. You can build tier one, highly competitive decks without spending a dime. How is this unfair? How entitled is this community?

And before "Shadowverse is more generous", you realize they are the underdog and trying to build up the player base right now, right? They aren't giving so many free packs because they are your friend.

wiibomb

F2P players who only do daily quests get an average of 70+ packs every expansion, not including promo events and brawl. They're adding log in bonuses and free single player pve content that rewards packs. You can build tier one, highly competitive decks without spending a dime. How is this unfair? How entitled is this community?

And before "Shadowverse is more generous", you realize they are the underdog and trying to build up the player base right now, right? They aren't giving so many free packs because they are your friend.

there is an average of 50 gold per day on HS, about 1 pack each 2 days, that means 4 packs a week, 5 packs if the game is generous enough to get enough gold, that also means playing the game almost religiously for the sake of completing the quests every day, this game doesn't make it easy at all to get more gold or to get some more progress..

by the time I get about "70" packs, there is another expansion coming out, that is 3 months of getting packs to get may be, with luck, halfway to the expansion when another one just hits and then the grind goes again, because to get just all commons and rares from an expansion, we need about 125 packs, while only getting like 4-5 legendaries on average (praying that they are not dupes), that is without taking into account that there is a huge set called classic, that is another 300+ cards to get.

Meanwhile the users get stomped by those who dump money into the game with a pirate warrior game, all while we open packs for a month to get about 60% of filler cards that can't even be used competitively.

It is not a sense of entitlement when a game who proclaims to be F2P can get good only to those who dump money into it, if not, it is an eternal catching up to get halfway to just 1 expansion

the log in bonuses are a 1 week only thing, the pve content we don't know until half year, until then we are in the same situation.

clav

Kinda don't understand complaining in here about free packs.

I guess your real complaint is that packs can contain duplicates.

If you don't like the business model, then don't play the game. You're talking about a company notorious for churning out $20 map packs for a couple of maps in CoD or $20 expansion packs for one level in Destiny.

ZealousD

i tried the heroic tavern

it was a huge mistake

:(

Yeah. I think some people said this last time we had a heroic tavern brawl, but the average person is going to lose out by spending their gold on heroic tavern brawls. That plus the high cost of entry means the competition is going to be very fierce, which makes it even worse. I consider myself to be a pretty good player and even I won't touch these things with a 10 foot pole.

Log on game and see that I have the win 5 games in brawl quest, checks brawl to see that's it's heroic brawl, gets mad.

Yeah, I wonder what the logic is behind having Heroic Brawls straight-up replace normal ones for a week. It seems like that's ignoring 95% of your audience in order to cater to the few with enough gold to justify playing the mode.

TankUP

I was spectating a friend of mine playing heroic brawl and he faced, at four wins, a druid who shuffled his first Jade idol. I don't think the competition is as fierce as people say.

70 packs = 2 legendaries per expansion for playing faithfully every day.

Not just that, but $60 won't even buy you a full expansion, whereas $60 will buy you a full new GAME elsewhere.

wiibomb

Yeah, I wonder what the logic is behind having Heroic Brawls straight-up replace normal ones for a week. It seems like that's ignoring 95% of your audience in order to cater to the few with enough gold to justify playing the mode.

I think it's a nice tactic to get people to engage with the streamers, it is a move towards the more dedicated player, although I really think they should make a button for this and continue the normal tavern brawls, I really like the normal tavern brawls, but this streams are nice too.

Dahbomb

I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Not everything has to appeal to the majority 95% of players and there should be something aimed at the hardcores.

The real issue with the heroic brawl is the format and its timing. I feel Heroic Brawl is better served coming right after an expansion rather than before. Just makes it feel like you are wiping some gold out of the economy rather than be a new pressure chamber for a meta. It should also be a different format than just ladder combined with Arena scoring.

Like what does Blizzard realistically expect from this Brawl in terms of shaping the meta? You are going to see the same stuff on Ladder just at a higher frequency. The same thing happened last Heroic Brawl when people were theory crafting Control Warrior counter against the Freeze Mages that were supposed to counter the Shamans but Shamans still dominated with Tempo Mage at second.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The big mistake they made with this Heroic Brawl is making it Standard. If this Brawl was Wild it would be a great way to get people in the mood for looking at new cards (since most Standard players probably never think about Wild cards) and in the habit of making new decks which will be skills in high demand once the Un'Goro cards come out very soon.

I think not going for a Wild Heroic Brawl was a mistake. Having it be a Heroic Brawl is fine, there are lots of players who like those, and lots that don't. That's ok. I just think since they want to emphasize how "new" the meta is after those nerfs they should do it in a new format. There was a Standard Heroic Brawl already. Time to shake it up.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The real issue with the heroic brawl is the format and its timing. I feel Heroic Brawl is better served coming right after an expansion rather than before. Just makes it feel like you are wiping some gold out of the economy rather than be a new pressure chamber for a meta.

Isn't that obviously what they're doing?

I mean, once you can argue, but they do it again right before a big expansion drops? nah, they're trying to reduce the amount of gold people have saved up so they're more likely to buy packs when Un'Goro launches.

And considering how awful it is to finish heroic brawl with low wins after spending the 1000 gold, it almost feels gross that they're doing it this way.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trump just went 12-0 in the heroic brawl.

50 packs
1108 gold
a bunch of dust
dem 3 gold legs

dang

You won't be making any decent decks with 70+ packs. Thats 2 legendaries.

fertygo

you have some tough competition in there:

err lol.
Yeah even the Anchor very low on HCT point

if I'm lucked out for high finish in past month I actually can be Anchor lol

think I'm just sit out and not gonna search for vote because my quote is embarrassing I don't know they gonna quote me like that, I'm just gonna try to get Anchor position if there's another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom