• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

You won't be making any decent decks with 70+ packs. Thats 2 legendaries.

You can craft what you don't open for decks you want to build. 70 packs generates a lot of dust. F2P players (like me) can't get complete sets and we'll always be missing some useful cards, but it's not really that bad. You just have to focus on the classes and archetypes you like.

Yeah you get there eventually being F2P. Returning with OG I literally only had access to Paladin but a year later I can play almost anything Shaman, Rogue, Paladin, Druid and Warlock. Only class I'm truly locked out of is Hunter and Priest.

If I went and dusted aggressively again I could probably play a couple more decks and classes.

The math is wrong. 70 packs is 2 legendaries but it could be 3, it could be 4. You get the commons. You get some dust. We'll get some 4000 dust for the rag+sylv update. So coming in with 4 new legendaries at least... what kind of deck requires more than 4 legendaries from the new set? Not too likely. 70 packs should be enough for 2 dominant decks from the next meta.

I'm an F2P player, started playing when TGT came out, and I'm missing a lot of epics and legendaries. Prep, Arcane Blast, Twilight Guardian, Leeroy, Thalnos, Sylvanas, Rag, Patches, etc.

fertygo

1-3 in HTB

not meeting any deck that I target

only face 2 Jade Druid, lucky ass janky Renolock that spawn VoidWalker to block my lethal , and fucking Greedy C'thun Mage with Doomcaller and Pyroblast to end my mysery

TankUP

Yeah even the Anchor very low on HCT point

if I'm lucked out for high finish in past month I actually can be Anchor lol

think I'm just sit out and not gonna search for vote because my quote is embarrassing I don't know they gonna quote me like that, I'm just gonna try to get Anchor position if there's another chance

Don't give up the chance to go to global games for something as insignificant as your quote. You should totally make a run at getting voted in.

Dahbomb

1-3 in HTB

not meeting any deck that I target

only face 2 Jade Druid, lucky ass janky Renolock that spawn VoidWalker to block my lethal , and fucking Greedy C'thun Mage with Doomcaller and Pyroblast to end my mysery
Feels bad man. When you lose early you get put into weird deck bracket in this Brawl.

This is why the target strategy doesn't work as often one would like, sometimes Blizzard MM or the RNG gods put you against off meta stuff and you get punished for it. Been there and done that so many times that I feel you just play the best deck possible with minimal teching.

fertygo

Don't give up the chance to go to global games for something as insignificant as your quote. You should totally make a run at getting voted in.

I don't know I'm pretty much only active at Neogaf, don't really active in other circle so its not like I can made significant push for gaining votes.
Feels bad man. When you lose early you get put into weird deck bracket in this Brawl.

This is why the target strategy doesn't work as often one would like, sometimes Blizzard MM or the RNG gods put you against off meta stuff and you get punished for it. Been there and done that so many times that I feel you just play the best deck possible with minimal teching.

Yeah that's why Trump get easy run with Dragon Priest, you gonna surprised by how many casual play off meta shit before all settle down, I think I made mistake for queue this early

I still think my deck is good and gonna work in ladder so I'm not too upset

I think I'm done, I can take a 1k gold blow once but not twice

The math is wrong. 70 packs is 2 legendaries but it could be 3, it could be 4. You get the commons. You get some dust. We'll get some 4000 dust for the rag+sylv update. So coming in with 4 new legendaries at least... what kind of deck requires more than 4 legendaries from the new set? Not too likely. 70 packs should be enough for 2 dominant decks from the next meta.

See, here's the problem with your thinking: it's not that any kind of deck requires more than 4 legendaries. Rather, if I've spent $120 (or even $60) on an expansion, why the hell shouldn't I be able to play EVERY deck? Why should I be happy making a single deck and playing it over and over again for the next few months? In what world is that a balanced transaction?

Also, while I fully admit that some people have wonderful luck with their packs, I consistently have to wait until the pity timer is up to get my next legendary (unless it's Gruul...I've gotten him 4 times...).

A full year of playing, $120, and I still don't even have a single preparation.

I'm an F2P player, started playing when TGT came out, and I'm missing a lot of epics and legendaries. Prep, Arcane Blast, Twilight Guardian, Leeroy, Thalnos, Sylvanas, Rag, Patches, etc.

i have over 50 leggys and not a single prep. never got edwin either, so those lock me out of playing rogue; i could make them at this point but it's like a joke, plus my decklists are always full anyway so throwing another class into the mix would nix some of my homebrew meme decks, so i'm ok with delaying my rogue play.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I've never gotten a prep either. Crafting one now is just inviting a million to drop in packs.

Savjz is high rolling like a mofo right now in the tavern brawl.

Pooya

it's not even debatable at this point that putting money into hearthstone is not worth it anymore, packs are horrible value.

Adventures were great value otoh, I gladly bought every single one... and now they got rid of them. With three expansions every year, I wouldn't spend a single dime on this game anymore, it's just foolish knowing what a terrible value 50 packs are, with 20 bucks you got 5 legendary, some epics and a single player adventure, you're not getting half of that with a set preorder that cost more than twice as much. The game's economy is no longer sustainable to me personally and I've played for almost three years, I can't imagine what a new player does. You need like 150 packs from each set to get to experience the meat of the expansion and its core mechanics, they're even doubling class legendary cards with increased focus on them more than ever. You want to play quests? well there are 9 different legendary ones... well good luck with that most of the playerbase.

but here, have a old gods pack!

th3dude

I converted some WoW gold and have $50 for some packs (40).

Not sure if I should buy Classic or MSoG.

According to the PACT spreadsheet, I have:

* About 50% of classic cards (only 3 of 33 legendaries)
* About 40% of MSoG cards (only 1 of 20 legendaries)

I assume I should avoid WotOG packs since they are leaving standard soon (right?)

Any tips?

JesseZao

I assume I should avoid WotOG packs since they are leaving standard soon (right?)

Any tips?

Old Gods packs are in Standard until Spring 2018 (same group as Kara/Gadget). Can't go wrong with classic packs when starting out, but it could depend on where the largest group of cards you want are.

th3dude

Old Gods packs are in Standard until Spring 2018 (same group as Kara/Gadget). Can't go wrong with classic packs when starting out, but it could depend on where the largest group of cards you want are.

I only own 6% of those cards.

I'd like to be able to start building some somewhat competitive decks. Get to maybe the 10 or better rank every month. Nothing crazy, but I don't have anything right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Any tips?

Check how many rares (blue crystal) you have remaining. I personally think that you should prioritize classic until you have the vast majority of the rare cards in that set.

th3dude

Check how many rares (blue crystal) you have remaining. I personally think that you should prioritize classic until you have the vast majority of the rare cards in that set.

Here's what I have:

UvZgatI.png

Nachos

The problem is that fewer neutral legendaries for at least Un'Goro means that you can't craft one card and instantly improve multiple decks at once. Hopefully the 5 we will get will be stronger overall, but that change still locks players into certain archetypes more.

And technically, 70 packs could still net you only one legendary.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Not everything has to appeal to the majority 95% of players and there should be something aimed at the hardcores.
I generally agree, but it sometimes it feels like it's infrastructure holding them back from being able to hold both at the same time.

I retraced my steps from last year to this year in regards to crafting cards to get access to new decks and it went something like this

NZoth Pally > Wild Secret NZoth Pally > Zoolock > Aggro Shaman > Malygos Rogue > Midrange Shaman > Discardlock > Malygos Druid > Tempo Mage > Questing Miracle Rogue > Jade Aggro Shaman > Renolock > Midrange Jade Shaman > Jade Druid > Pirate Warrior

Throughout I only paid 10 bucks 5 for the welcome bundle and 5 for an amazon promotion that allowed me to buy BRM. I started with a bunch of dust and legends from my beta days though and a secret pally list from TGT.

Fewr

so can yall vote for indonesian?

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/esports/global-games/

because I'm in the list somehow

There's something here I don't get.
When I go to Mexico (my country) and hover over portraits I get the "vote" button, but when I go to Indonesia, none of the portraits show the vote thing. Am I supposed to only support my own country then?

EDIT: Ah, from their news section:
You can only vote for a representative from your home country, unless your nation isn't eligible to participate — in which case, you'll be able to select a player from any of the 48 countries taking part.

Any particular Mexican you guys would like to recommend? The only girl in the list will most likely get all the votes.

Lyng

it's not even debatable at this point that putting money into hearthstone is not worth it anymore, packs are horrible value.

Adventures were great value otoh, I gladly bought every single one... and now they got rid of them. With three expansions every year, I wouldn't spend a single dime on this game anymore, it's just foolish knowing what a terrible value 50 packs are, with 20 bucks you got 5 legendary, some epics and a single player adventure, you're not getting half of that with a set preorder that cost more than twice as much. The game's economy is no longer sustainable to me personally and I've played for almost three years, I can't imagine what a new player does. You need like 150 packs from each set to get to experience the meat of the expansion and its core mechanics, they're even doubling class legendary cards with increased focus on them more than ever. You want to play quests? well there are 9 different legendary ones... well good luck with that most of the playerbase.

Blizzard should learn from Shadowverse.

wiibomb

with the adventures I never doubt of buying them because of this, the value was pretty good and I would even get to play some good decks because the cards included in those sets where generally good and in often times needed for the meta, with the packs I don't get that value at all, I could get 6 legendaries, but I very well can get only 2 and I'm not in a good position there.

Besides, even if I get about 4 legendaries, I could be getting 1 of each class which doesn't make me able to run any deck since most decks need 3-5 legendaries from all expansions combined on standard.

I would really wish Team 5 reconsiders the approach they are having to the HS economy as a whole, the actual number aren't adding up

N'zoth feels unnecessarily greedy in that list.

if you get a hexed warleader or devolved right after a finja turn it most def does. most games it's a non factor, but there are very few deathrattles anyway (just boom, tirion, shredder and belcher), but the fact is any combination of 2 of those (or even just tirion) is all you need to closeout if anyfin gets ruined. all the rattles are broken tempo plays anyway. i've run into a lot of shaman running devolve and hex in the single digits in wild lately, greedy shaman is the hot thing for some reason atm. but shred/belch are really good to have on the board for your MC turn, and boom/tirion are too good not to play anyhow. plus it allows barnes to be much more consistent in getting you not only something good, but something that is almost certainly coming back with one of your 10 mana closers.

I think the Heroic Brawl is one of the best values to gold/money spent in the game and both the first and the second helped me a lot in rebuilding a collection and preparing for Un´Goro

I got around 10k dust and a couple of epics and 2 legendarys I still needed from going 12:1, 9:3 and 2:3 and spent 10 euros and 500 gold in this brawl (also 5 and a half hours time but the games are quite a bit more entertaining because the stakes are higher).
The rewards from 10-12 wins are really really delicious.

Dahbomb

I really like Firebat's Jade Druid. Very well primed in the current meta with all the big bodies and taunts.

Most of its components are in tact for new standard rotation but Druids will miss Azure Drake a lot.

wiibomb

I really like Firebat's Jade Druid. Very well primed in the current meta with all the big bodies and taunts.

Most of its components are in tact for new standard rotation but Druids will miss Azure Drake a lot.

I like it a lot too, it is well thought towards aggro and jade swarms, I just think Mulch kind of underperforms, but on the rest seems well thought.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I almost feel like 1 defender instead of one ancient of war would be better against pirate warrior.

And what value is he aiming for with emp?

Dahbomb

I almost feel like 1 defender instead of one ancient of war would be better against pirate warrior.

And what value is he aiming for with emp?
Emperor isn't a a value card it's a tempo enabler card. It gets you your Ancient of Wars quicker or you can do stuff like putting down two beefy taunts in one turn. Emperor also basically has pseudo ramp ability and that fits will in that type of deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Emperor isn't a a value card it's a tempo enabler card. It gets you your Ancient of Wars quicker or you can do stuff like putting down two beefy taunts in one turn. Emperor also basically has pseudo ramp ability and that fits will in that type of deck.

Ancient of wars can't be had quicker with emp though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I've been playing lots of Jade Druid again this season. So close to that 500 wins (450+)

Anyone got a link for that decklist? I'd love to compare it to my homebrew version.

I do also run 2x Feral Rage because that 8 armor wins you games against aggro so frequently. Pirate warrior what? Out of steam on turn 7 and I have 6 HP thanks to feral rage, drop Ancient of War and auto-concede. I've seen a variation of that more than once.

wiibomb

feels bad that I don't have a single Ancient of War just in time when the card is at its peak of usefulness.

I'll craft it if it is still relevant after next expansion

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Finja was the one where it made the most difference between 3.5 and 4 so I caved into 4 because I wanted that bloodbath.

Quoting this old post since Dahbomb was skeptical about Finja's power in our re-review. Now we're in an environment where the Finja package has skyrocketed in popularity ever since the STB nerf. Giving Finja at least 4 stars in the re-review was the right call, and not just for the luls we get from having a bloodbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom