• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 game off of rank 5. Here draw patches 3 out of the next 5 games you're going to lose, why thank you.

1 game I drew patches I was literally off lethal by 1 damage and it was against another PW that had patches.

Dahbomb

Quoting this old post since Dahbomb was skeptical about Finja's power in our re-review. Now we're in an environment where the Finja package has skyrocketed in popularity ever since the STB nerf. Giving Finja at least 4 stars in the re-review was the right call, and not just for the luls we get from having a bloodbath.
Alright man I already got the blast for it!

There's no doubt that the card was underrated. I was skeptical at first but now I see it. Turns our stealth mechanic and pulling cards from your deck is good.

Kunohara

iZMpc8B.png

4th golden hero down. The rest are Priest, Shaman, and Druid in that order. I never ever thought I would have one golden hero, let alone 4.

I'm now playing my least played class (Rogue) and it is really nice playing something so different. I've actually been using Mobius' maly rogue that he posted earlier and I have had some disgusting games with it. One of them being this golden renolock that I faced today. I killed him on turn 6. What helped was pulling maly from barnes and having two evis in hand. I was honestly surprised he didn't have a way to at least clear the 1/1 maly.

Anyone want to trade 80G challenge quests?

Woober#1379 NA

Normally Id just give it away but Im trying to save for Ungoro.

If you still see this, it is still available.

Edit: Completed

manhack

I'm having bad record with my maly rogue. Sigh.

But I met a lot of aggro tho.

Maly rogue is a tough one. I went 14-2 the other day to rank 8, but then I couldn't win a game for anything. The meta very aggro once I hit 8. Also druid were giving me a hard time depending on their draw.

If you see a lot of Priests and Warlocks its easy mode though.

I'm amazed by the amount of people that have golden portraits. I feel like I play a pretty good amount, but I don't have one yet. I've been playing since open beta. Closest I have is Paladin with about 300 wins.

Of course, I heavily favour control decks, so that inflates my average game time quite a bit.

Hungry crab can't target a stealthed finja right?

Nope, battlecries/combo effects can only get around the Faerie Dragon effect, ie. "cannot be targeted by spells or hero powers," not stealth, which I believe states "cannot be targeted" period.

Edit: Argh, sorry for the double post.

TankUP

4th golden hero down. The rest are Priest, Shaman, and Druid in that order. I never ever thought I would have one golden hero, let alone 4.

Hey, congrats! I like unlocking golden heroes, although I wish they tracked wins past 500 since I'm mostly playing classes I already have gold these days.

squidyj

i guess playing emperor is good.... but what if instead you played 3 emperors?

I mean just think of the benefits, 15/15 worth of power on the board for 6 mana and everything in your hand costs 3 less.
and it only takes 2 cards!

i guess playing emperor is good.... but what if instead you played 3 emperors?

I mean just think of the benefits, 15/15 worth of power on the board for 6 mana and everything in your hand costs 3 less.
and it only takes 2 cards!
I'm confused. How did this happen for six mana?

Edit: Ah, I see on the side bar. Doppelgangster into Evolve. That's some crazy RNG on his part, lol. Too bad Manic Soulcaster is a Mage card, because "It only cost my soul!" would be so fitting, hahaha.

squidyj

working through 23 hp of deathlord because i can't find my kooky chemists or saps in arena. then my opponent gets drakonid operative into the one conceal in my fucking deck to protect his board on the turn I could have turned things around.

lucky piece of shit.

Lyng

So hearthstone content in EU and UK gets more expensive now.
Well I am officially done spending real money on this game.

I keep losing to these demon zoo deck. :(

What's your Mulligan?

Against zoo you typically go for cheap removal and prep, sometimes coin, and fan of knives. If you're playing a lot of zoo it might make sense to put si7 agent in your deck. I only faced maybe 2 zoo this season so far.

You can often get early board control due to cheap removal or set up for clears with spell power, backstab and prepping things like fan of knives.

Here is my last match vs zoolock. https://hsreplay.net/replay/jD5nC7vmxdzV8yXS9SFUsZ

scarlet

Against zoo you typically go for cheap removal and prep, sometimes coin, and fan of knives. If you're playing a lot of zoo it might make sense to put si7 agent in your deck. I only faced maybe 2 zoo this season so far.

You can often get early board control due to cheap removal or set up for clears with spell power, backstab and prepping things like fan of knives.

Here is my last match vs zoolock. https://hsreplay.net/replay/jD5nC7vmxdzV8yXS9SFUsZ

All warlock I faced today were zoo.

What's happening?

AndersK

All warlock I faced today were zoo.

What's happening?

Zoo continues to be the roach of Heartstone. No amount of Kazakus Nukes and dragonfire purification seems to be able to change that in the long run.

I suppose people are experimenting since STB and fuck you Claws were nerfed. Might just have reminded people that Zoo usually works.

Kunohara

I'm amazed by the amount of people that have golden portraits. I feel like I play a pretty good amount, but I don't have one yet. I've been playing since open beta. Closest I have is Paladin with about 300 wins.

Of course, I heavily favour control decks, so that inflates my average game time quite a bit.

I've been playing since closed beta. What actually helped getting alot of play time was actually doing a game or two in the bathroom at work, plus during my lunch. I actually don't play that much when I get home (cause I'm working through Witcher 3 right now, heh). I do play wild as well, but not as much. When the season resets, I'm down to the very low ranks in wild and go back up, so some of my wins are there (although like people have said, the low ranks of wild have some of the greediest decks imaginable).

Tomcat

This month I have been busy with work so haven't played much ranked. But right now I am at rank 10 with a Reno zoo warlock. My score is 17-5. So I guess it's a pretty good deck for this new meta. Reno mage is probably the worst match up but thankfully its not a good meta deck right now. So have encountered it only one time.

Kaz potion on zoo is awesome.

scarlet

I haven't seen zoo much at higher ranks but at lower ranks you might see it more.

The shade....

I'm on casual lol

This month I have been busy with work so haven't played much ranked. But right now I am at rank 10 with a Reno zoo warlock. My score is 17-5. So I guess it's a pretty good deck for this new meta. Reno mage is probably the worst match up but thankfully its not a good meta deck right now. So have encountered it only one time.

Kaz potion on zoo is awesome.

Deck list?

The shade....

I'm on casual lol

Deck list?

How is that shade?

You literally see different decks more likely at different ranks. Underperforming decks naturally sink while strong decks rise. But since you're talking about casual, you're bound to see decks you rarely see on ladder. In fact, you've basically answered your own question here.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizzard is raising prices on packs for Europe. 11% across the board in Euro countries, and from 25-50% in the UK.

Ouch.

Look at the current prices and the exchange rates, seems like Europe has been getting a pretty good deal for awhile. I think this is bringing prices in line with what the US has been paying for packs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Look at the current prices and the exchange rates, seems like Europe has been getting a pretty good deal for awhile. I think this is bringing prices in line with what the US has been paying for packs.

Sure, but it will still feel horrible for those affected.

wiibomb

this is true, but it usually affects more the people who never experienced that rate, which are the people of those countries.

I agree it is a necessary practice since it would become easier to just play in the cheaper server.

what I don't agree at all are the points of view of the F2P model from the people over the announcement thread.

Tacitus_

Sure, but it will still feel horrible for those affected.

Yeah, I was thinking of dropping some
fake Blizz
cash on packs since I haven't felt like playing just to get gold in case the game gets better. Now I'm thinking I'll just use that for something else.

it boggles my mind why they don't just make wild only expansions like GVG a 'pay $XX ($20?) and get access to all cards, but you can't dust them' thing. too many whales are dumping cash into the game i guess. i paid for like 3 50-card packs (last year when they had that classic sale), and all of the adventures in cash, but no way i'm ever spending $ on the game again because i don't need to, and expansions are godawful value. no one new is ever going to start playing this game with the current setup tho, its absurd. at least if someone new could buy GVG for instance they could play mechmage and like, idk, not get completely obliverated for 2 years until they catch up or spend $200

Lyng

They should have reduced the US pricing instead. This is greedy af.
Especially when you compare to something like Shadowverse where you can easily be competitive as F2P due to how much they hand out for just playing the game.

ZealousD

it boggles my mind why they don't just make wild only expansions like GVG a 'pay $XX ($20?) and get access to all cards, but you can't dust them' thing. too many whales are dumping cash into the game i guess. i paid for like 3 50-card packs (last year when they had that classic sale), and all of the adventures in cash, but no way i'm ever spending $ on the game again because i don't need to. no one new is ever going to start playing this game with the current setup tho, its absurd. at least if someone new could buy GVG for instance they could play mechmage and like, idk, not get completely obliverated for 2 years until they catch up or spend $200

If I were a business person at Blizzard, I would do a limited time promotion where for $30 you would get 50 packs of GvG and 50 packs of TGT. Giving packs normally makes sense because you don't have to make the crafting interface any more complicated, and you don't want to be too generous with old school packs otherwise you're giving away too much arcane dust for too little money.

wiibomb

If I were a business person at Blizzard, I would do a limited time promotion where for $30 you would get 50 packs of GvG and 50 packs of TGT. Giving packs normally makes sense because you don't have to make the crafting interface any more complicated, and you don't want to be too generous with old school packs otherwise you're giving away too much arcane dust for too little money.

they apparently have been thinking about something in those lines, also re-releasing for a limited period Naxx, but they don't have anything concrete yet (like always), I have the feeling something like that might hit on the next Wild Heroic Tavern Brawl theya re supposed to do after the expansion hits

also with the evaporation of adventures, it'd be nice if they offered a 'starter bundle' for each expansion they put out from now on, the 1 legendary thing they sell once with classic but offer it for each new expansion that comes out. realistically i think that's about as generous as they will ever get with new expansions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they started doing it. actually anything pro consumer is always surprising with this game, but i think that's a realistic thing they could offer and seems to be the only way i'd spend a dime on this game again.

ZealousD

They should have reduced the US pricing instead. This is greedy af.
Especially when you compare to something like Shadowverse where you can easily be competitive as F2P due to how much they hand out for just playing the game.

Blizzard is a business and it exists to make money. By its very nature, it will seek to maximize revenue. If they find that fewer people are buying packs and that the price increases are hurting their business, then they will lower prices. I don't think it's fair to call a business "greedy af" just because they do some reasonable price increases. "Greed" only enters into it whenever a company becomes exploitative, and Blizzard hasn't reached that point yet.

Dahbomb

This is what Jade Idol actually does.

1 mana : Summon an overstatted minion in the mid game and give all of your minions in hand and deck +1/+1 or 1 mana 1/1 give all of your minion in hand and deck +1/+1.

OR

Never lose in fatigue and late game.

I don't know man... seems pretty good to me.

Jade Idol makes Smuggler's Run look like a god damn joke.

This is what Jade Idol actually does.

1 mana : Summon an overstatted minion in the mid game and give all of your minions in hand and deck +1/+1 or 1 mana 1/1 give all of your minion in hand and deck +1/+1.

OR

Never lose in fatigue and late game.

I don't know man... seems pretty good to me.

ben brode: "But counterspell exists in the game, so it's balanced. if jade idol ever becomes a problem, people will start playing counter spell and the meta will balance itself. just wait 5 months while we keep an eye on it and analyze the meta. we have so many stats available to crunch. we have the best analytics, folks, the best. let me upload a meme to twitter in the meantime so i can move all those reddit complaint threads to the second page"

Dahbomb

ben brode: "But counterspell exists in the game, so it's balanced. if jade idol ever becomes a problem, people will start playing counter spell and the meta will balance itself. just wait 5 months while we keep an eye on it and analyze the meta. we have so many stats available to crunch. we have the best analytics, folks, the best. let me upload a meme to twitter in the meantime so i can move all those reddit complaint threads to the second page"
That's a bit extreme and Jade Druid isn't really a "problem" right now although it definitely has the potential to be particularly problematic post rotation.

How many of the cards in that Firebat Jade Druid deck will be leaving? Azure Drake, Brann and Emperor... most of the Jade and classic Druid card package would still be there. This means that control is always going to struggle with the presence of Jades in the meta.

Pirate Warrior is the same, it's practically untouched. I feel like Blizzard was conservative with their hall of fame, they should have seen this coming.

Also new Vicious Syndicate (well it's a day old now but still):

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-40/

Good news: Shaman's dominance has finally been broken after 2 months (still the #2 most played class).

Bad news: Pirate Warrior on the rise, Jade Druid rise means less control decks now than before.

Dragon Priest is pretty good now too. VS predicts that Aggro Shaman is actually doing fine and once that list is refined it will be back up again. Tempo Mage and Zoolock are kinda back too.

Rexxar is licking his lips at the prospect of taming some dinosaurs to join his cause. Until then, his primary role is reducing Zalae's sanity levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom