• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The Brawl is particularly bad because the minion that spawns is bugged. It always goes face and everyone is just playing a face strategy in which the second player has a huge advantage.

Haven't tried the Brawl yet? About to boot it up, sounds like I'm in for a fun ol' time...

EDIT: Yeah, it's a bit shit. Those minions have to be bugged, surely?

huh, shadowflame has gotten me a few times. I guess most renolock decks play that combo. man control lock is so devastating. just turn after turn they have board wipes. But for some reason I feel they are much more 'fair' then Dragon priests so I never complain about that deck. It just feels honest. The only thing thats dirty is now there are zoolocks and I cant tell them apart til like turn 4-5
I hated renolock early on in Gadgetzan but I've really come to love it ever since I crafted Jaraxxus and took out the combo. PO is truly OP good that it rotates.
I think Dragon Priest is still bad and kinda has to "luck" into a win, as in discover win cons. Their minions are barely enough to eke out wins against slower decks but the lack of burst and end game makes it all too easy to just get them with 1 for 1 trades.

Not seen many Zoolocks on the road to 5 but I've got got mulliganing for Renolock a couple times myself.

^ what does that mean you dont worry bout completing quest anymore? Do you no longer grind for gold?? not worried bout saving up for ungoro packs?

I haven't made it a priority to complete every quest for over a year tbh.

I only have like 500 gold. I'll have like 5k dust. Not worried about ungoro. I'll get the cards eventually. It always works out some way. I've been playing more arena due to the changes so there is also that.

edit:
Also with rotation, I'll probably dust a bunch of cards I don't care about. I don't play for wild and while I won't dust everything, there are classes I don't mind dusting for.

inky

The Brawl is particularly bad because the minion that spawns is bugged. It always goes face and everyone is just playing a face strategy in which the second player has a huge advantage.

Yup. Or basically the first who gets a minion attack buff wins.

patchday

I haven't made it a priority to complete every quest for over a year tbh.

I only have like 500 gold. I'll have like 5k dust. Not worried about ungoro. I'll get the cards eventually. It always works out some way. I've been playing more arena due to the changes so there is also that.

edit:
Also with rotation, I'll probably dust a bunch of cards I don't care about. I don't play for wild and while I won't dust everything, there are classes I don't mind dusting for.

I feel ya. I've let some quests drop but now that expansion is looming I've been playing a little more frequently. Almost every other day now. I dont want to pay money for packs beyond the preorder cause for me at least its a decent deal. Since I feel like random packs only work when its new content. Less likely to get legendary dupes. (granted, my logic isn't fully worked out- cause i think a lot of people buy packs intentionally to get dust to craft)

And i will avoid Wild too I think cause I want to dodge reno/kazakus/dragon priests

Has this been confirmed as a bug? I would certainly hope so. It does not feel like the brawl was designed to have those party crashers going face each turn.

Dahbomb

Has this been confirmed as a bug? I would certainly hope so. It does not feel like the brawl was designed to have those party crashers going face each turn.
The text on the minion clearly says "attacks unpredictably" not "this minions attacks the enemy hero only".

So either the text is wrong or it's a bug.

patchday

I wonder if that is intentional to make the match end fast.

I liked this Brawl a little better than the last one with the Gadgetzan bosses. I had a Lotus-Panda opponent that got the perfect hand. This skank pulls out jade claws, pirates to trigger Patches, etc. I just got purely owned. I had wondered why was i even there to witness. Afterwards I was so tilt I lost like 5 matches straight. I really contemplated quitting Brawls for good

(edit- and I have to wonder why the fuuuu patches is in that deck. I thought brawl was supposed to be friendly and fun. That was NOT fun it made me so triggered)

Nachos

The text on the minion clearly says "attacks unpredictably" not "this minions attacks the enemy hero only".

So either the text is wrong or it's a bug.
It says "You don't control how this minion attacks", which is accurate, but I don't know why they didn't just say it goes for the face. Maybe they're planning to reuse it, and it'll have different attack behavior each time?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I got good shit from picking Pavel last time. That certainly means that he'll do awful now. LOL.

Not sure who to go with. Do we know how many packs this is going to be?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I went with DrJikininki. I like his decklist and it looks like he won the last Americas tournament so it also feels nice to cheer for the home team.

The "obvious" pick last time was Thijs and he let me down pretty hard, so I'm gonna avoid the same mistake and not pick Pavel, lol. Seems like Hearthstone is not a game where you can repeat performances.

Xanathus

The problem with picking players by their deck lists is that while it can get you past the preliminaries, they'll change their decks against for the finals and that's where your voted player can have a bad lineup against the others *cough* Amnesiac *cough*

Opposing Rogue uses Shadow Strike on own Sylvanas, steals my Mirror Image, and concedes right after.

Also bought two packs and pulled Patches in one of them. Finally my Pirate Warrior is complete.

Fewr

Picked Fr0zen...

liked the name, liked the face, like the attitude... let's go!

Don't know anyone there either just got started with the game.
The only time I've ever watched hearthstone on twitch, it was him against someone else, and he won I think. they both seemed tense throughout, so probably it was an important match. That was about a couple of months ago.

Mulgrok

Guess I will go full netdeck for the first time in months, just because I want to hit 500 wins with shaman before all the OP cards are retired.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I will go full netdeck for the first time in months, just because I want to hit 500 wins with shaman before all the OP cards are retired.

Don't worry! You can always jump over to Wild and play all the OP cards there!

Enjoy Tunnel Trogg into Totem Golem forever!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

All the OP cards aren't being retired though. Only Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem.

scarlet

Picked Fr0zen...

liked the name, liked the face, like the attitude... let's go!

I went with DrJikininki. I like his decklist and it looks like he won the last Americas tournament so it also feels nice to cheer for the home team.

The "obvious" pick last time was Thijs and he let me down pretty hard, so I'm gonna avoid the same mistake and not pick Pavel, lol. Seems like Hearthstone is not a game where you can repeat performances.

Torn between Fr0zen and DrJ.

But decided to go with Fr0zen cuz he was top 8 in Pax.

Sheroking

Arena is just goofy now.

2r38kg8.png

patchday

It's really tough to pick pros for Hearthstone. Like- insanely tough. For League of Legends its quite the no-brainer (SKT Faker) since same korean team wins every year. But so much variance in Hearthstone + yer picked champion might bring a bad deck

Someone above mentioned Amnesiac. Yep I think his druid deck got him. Although he's a safe pick normally cause he always brings 100% netdecks with little variance.

last year we went bbgungun but he brought all these simple straight forward aggro decks....

Fr0zen looked sharp

I like that dude (b7?) that won Asia. He went hard but he looks like he can tilt.

Pavel's stats are unmatched though. Unlike er- Thijs, Pavel actually does competitions all the time and I think he has the best stats bar none

but no one repeats these things... So idk

Szadek

can you answer where you have been? I think I saw you post at Shadowverse-gaf forums but cannot be sure. your avatar is a cute waifu so maybe I'm thinking you were playing Shadowverse cause its waifu-heaven lol
I'm either in the Shadowverse OT, the seasonal anime thread or the OT of whatever gameI'm playing at the time.

Also, I played a bit Duelyst, which is a great game, but many minors sucked the fun out of it for me, so I stopped playing.

patchday

I'm either in the Shadowverse OT, the seasonal anime thread or the OT of whatever gameI'm playing at the time.

Also, I played a bit Duelyst, which is a great game, but many minors sucked the fun out of it for me, so I stopped playing.

^ Ah. I do the daily login thing for Shadowverse sometimes even though I never played online (just planning to finish the tutorials). I'm actually a fan of Cygames' anime (this is how I know the Bahamut IP actually- from the Rage of Bahamut: Genesis anime series).

scarlet

I was playing a QA Rogue recently and in case he was going to go for a conceal turn I just played out any minions I had to be able to PO Shadowflame. Predictably he just walked right into it and got blown out.
Also played with Pally against Reno Dragon Priest in wild and because I knew as greedy as the build was he'd have an entomb I played Tirion into my opponents Doomsayer to kill him with Ashbringer, Ooze was already gone.

I love playing against QA rogue with devolve shaman. Your 10/10 + minions mean nothing against devolve.

patchday

Don't mention Devolve cause I freaked out when that card was announced and gaf basically lol'ed at my hysteria. They thought it was the rantings of a mad man. I seem to recall a certain gaf threatened to feature me in their video but not sure if they really did :)

And here we are- Devolve is the troll card I feared. It even sees pro play!!! May I say I called this as soon as the card was revealed... My main point though at the time was that it really screws over zoth / deathrattle minions which do nothing unless they actually die

See- I really hate removal / polymorphs in this game cause unlike Eternal we cannot play on opponent's turn to block it. We just sit back and get screwed. dont get me wrong I love HS just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom