• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

Jade Shuriken

Old news now but!

That's actually a very relevant card. Not because of the Jade Golem crap, but because Malygos rogue gets another cheap direct face damage card to use.

With this you can safely cycle through your Shivs without worrying that you'll need them to finish off a warrior (or keep both if you think you need even more damage). Headcrack was their "best" option for more damage before. This is much better at half the cost after Emperor reduction, without even mentioning how it's usable in other situations.

Reposting for new page

Hearthstone in real life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0Vra-UVG4

That's actually a very relevant card. Not because of the Jade Golem crap, but because Malygos rogue gets another cheap direct face damage card to use.

With this you can safely cycle through your Shivs without worrying that you'll need them to finish off a warrior (or keep both if you think you need even more damage). Headcrack was their "best" option for more damage before. This is much better at half the cost after Emperor reduction, without even mentioning how it's usable in other situations.

I don't think it's good enough for maly rogue tbh. It just seems too low value for removal and it doesn't cycle like shiv. I can't imagine it being ran over shadowstrike since it needs that removal to compete for board or to just stay alive. Yeah, it's more burn for warrior, but against control warrior maly rogue is already very favored imo. Against c'thun warrior... it could be worth it but probably that match up alone.

Kettch

Reposting for new page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0Vra-UVG4

I don't think it's good enough for maly rogue tbh. It just seems too low value for removal and it doesn't cycle like shiv. I can't imagine it being ran over shadowstrike since it needs that removal to compete for board or to just stay alive. Yeah, it's more burn for warrior, but against control warrior maly rogue is already very favored imo. Against c'thun warrior... it could be worth it but probably that match up alone.

Yeah, I don't think it'll go in over Shadowstrike. I think it's very competitive with the tech card slots though, like Doomsayers or Swashburglars or SIs. Whatever non-core card you use for that spot could be replaced.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reynaud starting a league team

Tempo storm moving up

But League is just a money pit. Dota's where the real money's at.

I like the Jade Golem Mechanic a lot on paper, seems pretty cool. It's a shame Blizard will likely never revisit it again and it will be a one time thing.

Pooya

shuriken is oddly overcosted next to all the other Jade Golem cards. All of them seemingly valued at 1 mana so this one should not have combo condition to get the golem but of course you can't have nice things.

I think it's good enough to be played over 1 sinister strike and even 1 SI:7. SI:7 isn't as good now, activating combos is quite clunky without playing cards like deadly poison and if you play Barnes that's another incentive to not play 2 SI:7s. This is kinda like SI but it always deals 2 damage, that's the more important part going against aggro and things like. You often find yourself evis for 2 too in tough spots, this card is decent, unless we're getting something surprisingly better pretty sure this is the best they're giving rogue this set. Yeah, expectations are low. Can't wait to see what other janky 6+ drop they've designed for rogue which make no sense ever. Maybe some arcane giant deck could use it too.

Raxus

Tiny Rant:

I have to say the play 10 8 cost card quest has got to easily be one of the worst quests they have introduced for the payout. Most of the time you reach that point your opponent has either conceded or you or your opponent is either dead or close to dead.

/tinyrant

ZeroX03

Banned
Hard to evaluate Jade Golem and buffing minions in hand without the full set. They could range anywhere from really strong to unplayable, and the meta will change drastically with the next adventure to change that again.

Probably good for any class with non-damage based removal like Rogue if buff in hand gets big.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
shuriken is oddly overcosted next to all the other Jade Golem cards. All of them seemingly valued at 1 mana so this one should not have combo condition to get the golem but of course you can't have nice things.

I think it's good enough to be played over 1 sinister strike and even 1 SI:7. SI:7 isn't as good now, activating combos is quite clunky without playing cards like deadly poison and if you play Barnes that's another incentive to not play 2 SI:7s. This is kinda like SI but it always deals 2 damage, that's the more important part going against aggro and things like. You often find yourself evis for 2 too in tough spots, this card is decent, unless we're getting something surprisingly better pretty sure this is the best they're giving rogue this set. Yeah, expectations are low. Can't wait to see what other janky 6+ drop they've designed for rogue which make no sense ever. Maybe some arcane giant deck could use it too.

I can't wait for Rogue to be given another card that lets them win the fatigue war, but still have no way to heal any damage.

squidyj

4 mana 2/3
how is that valued at 1 mana?

Good point with the Barnes, I already planned to cut the swashburglars for the coins and if you replace the SI7s there's only a single miss left in the deck that being Van Cleef.
You only need to add a 3rd Jade Golem card to even up in stats to the SI7s any more than those are cherry on top shrunken also benefits from spell damage.

Mulgrok

Tiny Rant:

I have to say the play 10 8 cost card quest has got to easily be one of the worst quests they have introduced for the payout. Most of the time you reach that point your opponent has either conceded or you or your opponent is either dead or close to dead.

/tinyrant

astral communion druid. play 8+ cost cards on turn 2-3

Thank god, finally rank 5.

The amount of times i went back and forth between ranks 7 and 8 today is depressing. Just glad it's over with.

Hopefully next month will be more enjoyable.

scarlet

Playing freeze mage and won against control warrior is amazing feeling. He had 15 HP and 23 armor and I had 38 burst damage in 2 turns.

Finalow

this Jade Golem thing seems really interesting, I'd like to see some competitive decks being built around that, assuming the cards are good enough.
-
the legendary has some really poor stats for that mana cost though, it might be decent / good if the Golems were already buffed before but eh.

@Karsticles, I keep getting this creepy feeling when you post like you want us all to jump ship to the next new CCG. Instead I wonder why cant you just go play those games since every other post you feel like you gotta smash Hearthstone.

Sure there is some things I don't like bout the game but if I got to the point where I call it a 'bad game' rest assure you won't see me posting in the thread anymore lol trust that I value my time too much and you should as well

I play like 6 different digital card games right now. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that not only can you like and be excited about multiple games, but you can also be critical of the games you play as well as their development teams.

this Jade Golem thing seems really interesting, I'd like to see some competitive decks being built around that, assuming the cards are good enough.
-
the legendary has some really poor stats for that mana cost though, it might be decent / good if the Golems were already buffed before but eh.

Any competitive viable Jade Golem deck is extremely bad news for priests, who on regular basis do (near-)fatigue games. Only exception could be shadow priests or similar who use burst damage to end the game suddenly.

If Jade Golem decks become a thing then priest is in bottom tiers again, because it's pretty much anti-control and priests aren't capable of any other archetype atm.

Dahbomb

Jade Golem can enable ramp style and slow control deck playstyle.

The curve stone aspect is not going to be in play at start, you will lose to curve decks using Jade Golems. It's strength is in the mid/late game, not in the early game.

It all depends on how many Jade cards they add and the type they add. That Druid Ramp card is a good example, you can't play that card in a curve deck.

The Grim Street is more of a curve deck because 90% of their cards are minions that you play on curve. The Jade cards seen so far and what they have in store, many are spells and some you have to play reactively to get value off of them.

I need to see more Jade cards to form a proper opinion. At least it's a new mechanic.

zoukka

Jade golem is a control mechanic. And a damn impressive one holy shit

For example Rogue, if you can make a deck that focuses on the usual rogue stuff of drawing cards, removing board and building up to a combo and leave your own board to the Jade cards, you could have a nasty deck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think whats going to make or break Jade decks is if all the class cards are playable. I think you would need at least 8 of the 30 cards in your deck that have the mechanic to be consistent enough. If the Goon cards are anything to go off of, each class should get 3 or 4 different cards that use the mechanic. So they got at most a single dud before the entire mechanic falls flat for that class. The Goons mechanic can at least be tossed into another archetype, where I think the Jade cards are going to be all or nothing type deals.

zoukka

I think whats going to make or break Jade decks is if all the class cards are playable. I think you would need at least 8 of the 30 cards in your deck that have the mechanic to be consistent enough. If the Goon cards are anything to go off of, each class should get 3 or 4 different cards that use the mechanic. So they got at most a single dud before the entire mechanic falls flat for that class. The Goons mechanic can at least be tossed into another archetype, where I think the Jade cards are going to be all or nothing type deals.

You don't need many golems for the succeeding Jade cards to be bonkers.

And Cthun taught us that shitty activators leading into a finisher is viable in hearthstone. And many of the Jade cards don't seem to be shitty at all! You gain the value immediately instead of with a one finisher. Every Jade card beyond a certain point becomes a massive threat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

And Cthun taught us that shitty activators leading into a finisher is viable in hearthstone. And many of the Jade cards don't seem to be shitty at all! You gain the value immediately instead of with a one finisher. Every Jade card beyond a certain point becomes a massive threat.
The jade cards shown so far have all be over costed by 1 or 2 mana to make up for the Jade token. And that token only starts to be a threat after the 4th or 5th one. In an average game, I expect to draw about 15 cards of my deck before someone concedes or loses most games, to get to a 4th or 5th token at that point you would need 8+ cards to be Jade Token generators.

If the cards continue to be as good as they have, it should be fine. But if we end up getting some junk that fills up the Jade Token card slots, the archetype likely won't be viable in that class.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I play like 6 different digital card games right now. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that not only can you like and be excited about multiple games, but you can also be critical of the games you play as well as their development teams.
To be fair to patchday , most of your posts in this thread are about other card games.
So i understand why it could be disruptive to the thread subject.

patchday

Reposting for new page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0Vra-UVG4.

oh wow thats really good :)

[edit] --->

Tiny Rant:

/tinyrant

never seen that quest? I wish I'd get the 75 battlecry minion quest again havent seen that in awhile.

I can't wait for Rogue to be given another card that lets them win the fatigue war, but still have no way to heal any damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...livers_12_win_mill_rogue_chinese_player_mill/

My friend and I been discussing mill rogues quite a bit. There's just something special about making a Priest burn their Entomb spell that gets me all giddy. So we been trying to read through this guide where this dude piloted Mill rogue to 12 wins in Heroic Brawl. Such a good read. Basically the deck is similar to what we were talking bout the other day where you run 2x of everything but save Reno for the end. Looks quite high skill cap

edit --> adding (just reread a page ago with Jade golem cards)

Reposting for new page

more spells for Rogue is definitely welcome. Not sure how jade golems will pan out right now.

cHinzo

I started playing wild using my mid range deck.

I forgot how awesome quartermaster was.
It's stupid how we got the summon 5 silver hand recruit spell, but nothing to buff them up like Quartermaster in standard. 😒

I just put Steward of Darkshire in my Secredin wild deck and had the dream of coin Steward into Muster for Battle. Almost forgot what an early game looked like. 😂 Could also work well in ur midrange deck.

kriskrosbbk

Guys I have a very strange issue that just occured.I am launching the game via battle net (PC).It starts and then right before loading the initial screen it just disappears.In battle net it is written that the game is "playing now" but it is nowhere to be found.In taskmanager is also present.I reinstalled it but it is the same.Any ideas?It was running in windowed mode(when was working).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah i would like more "mill cards" for Rogue, anything that lets me play a different deck than Miracle decks lol

Finalow

Any competitive viable Jade Golem deck is extremely bad news for priests, who on regular basis do (near-)fatigue games. Only exception could be shadow priests or similar who use burst damage to end the game suddenly.

If Jade Golem decks become a thing then priest is in bottom tiers again, because it's pretty much anti-control and priests aren't capable of any other archetype atm.
nah, I don't really see Priest being in the bottom tiers after the next expansion, regardless of Jade Golem decks being viable or not.

Pooya

It's different though. There is no C'thun here, "every jade card". you need to play cards to get Jades and it's only limited to class cards. Which means there are only a handful of cards in the set that work with Jades. So rogue has 5 more cards left and druid 4 I believe. Shaman has 8 cards left. Are there even enough Jade cards to present an on going threat? Seems really hard right now. Like every single one of them need to summon Jade Golems for us have anything really. Even in C'Thun deck you still 6-7 buffers.

They have made a 30/30 token for it, I suspect there is more to it. we'll see.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Dragon priest is midrange.

Levi

Banned
To be fair to patchday , most of your posts in this thread are about other card games.

"The game you like sucks guys, if you were smart like me you'd play [flavor of the month Hearthstone clone] instead!"

"Why aren't my posts popular? :("

:cashes check from shitty CCG developer:

Dahbomb

I bet people like Kripp and Disguised Toast will try to make that mythical 30/30 Jade Golem.

Rogue

Brann + Shadowcaster + Shadowstep + Unearthed Raptor + the Jade Legendary

Pooya

I doubt it's even possible to get close to it without some Brann/Shadowcaster shenanigans. so never..... fool's jade.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The tough part about making a 30/30 Jade Golem is that you have a limited amount of space on the board, and your opponent has to survive long enough. Jade Golems have to keep dying.

Even just getting to the 20/20 Golem with the unique art will require some shenanigans.

Dragon priest is midrange.

Dragon Priest is Midrange but it is a non-aggressive archetype that's more about anti-aggro. Its minions are overstatted on health, not attack, and it has no clear finisher, which means the deck is not threatening enough to close the game out early. So it would struggle against Jade Golems.

Ladekabel

I just jope they don't make something like "Muster for Jade", 3 Mana Spell "Fill your board with Jade Golems and equip a jade weapon"

Pooya

so far I think jade shaman has the most potential because they actually have 8 cards left :p

and that they don't want to give shaman any more strictly good cards right now so there is room to experiment with new things.

Hmm, I don't think that's true. Certainly, at a time where I was killing myself trying to enjoy Standard that was true, but I think most of my posts are about Hearthstone matches these days. I'm just not playing Standard so I can't join in on the constant bitch-fest about 50% Shaman matches with everyone else.

Playing unranked is getting REALLY fucking boring. Versus shaman...versus shaman...versus shaman....versus shaman.
Like this guy. :)

Seriously though, try Wild. I can't say there isn't a ton of OP and frustrating stuff in Wild, but at least there's variation in the OP frustration.

Yeah i would like more "mill cards" for Rogue, anything that lets me play a different deck than Miracle decks lol
I really wish they'd do something with Stealth. Like an Ambush ability that lets units hit harder if they're exiting stealth or get MtG's First Strike ability. I really like minion tempo decks, but Blizzard is too scared to give Rogues more things like SI:7 Agent.

"The game you like sucks guys, if you were smart like me you'd play [flavor of the month Hearthstone clone] instead!"

"Why aren't my posts popular? :("

:cashes check from shitty CCG developer:
You never cease to amaze me. I was going to write a counter-post, but that's giving you too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom