• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
06cba31b-300x407.png

Revealed on a Chinese site: http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=10438138&_ff=422

Legit good, the stealth gives it more chances to live 'til the next turn and get Raptor'd.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wonder if there's a way for a Rogue to play a Jade Golem on Turn 1. Otherwise that's basically a Possessed Villager with Stealth, which is not particularly impactful on its own. It also works well with Unearthed Raptor of course, which could easily be the kind of card you play in a Rogue Jade Golem deck as it also combos well with Aya Blackpaw.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wonder if there's a way for a Rogue to play a Jade Golem on Turn 1. Otherwise that's basically a Possessed Villager with Stealth, which is not particularly impactful on its own. It also works well with Unearthed Raptor of course, which could easily be the kind of card you play in a Rogue Jade Golem deck as it also combos well with Aya Blackpaw.
Coin + Jade Wanderer + Backstab lol
Coin + Jade Shuriken

I think this is shaping up to be the best expansion in the game.
I like your avatar :)

Pooya

stealth isn't irrelevant on it, you can't hero power it down, that's a big deal vs possessed villager and sets up raptor in dream opening hand. and it gets better later in the game while possessed villager doesn't. This could easily become a 2 mana twilight summoner with stealth in mid game.

I think it's ok. It won't help much against shaman though....

Pooya

They're overcosting everything by a lot. If Jade Golems are going to be thing, it's just this set and right now otherwise it's just a waste. It could be a 2/1 easily without being outrageous. It's too safe and fair and that's usually not good enough for constructed.

Where did all this caution go when they were designing shaman cards? They're not consistent.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think they're going to design to a power level they're uncomfortable with when there are tons of cards rotating out in four months.

There were lots of worries about Old Gods cards being viable because they didn't look as impressive as minibots, but I don't think that was a real issue in the end.

Like yes, Tunnel Trogg into Totem Golem is hard to beat, but that's not a thing later on. We saw what happened to Paladin when they lost all their early game power cards.

ZealousD

These Jade Golem cards maybe look a bit overcosted when they spawn as 1/1's, but they're fair at 2/2, and start becoming OP at 3/3.

Depending on how many Jade Golem cards that each class gets, churning out 3/3's and higher might be a lot easier than you might think.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They're overcosting everything by a lot. If Jade Golems are going to be thing, it's just this set and right now otherwise it's just a waste. It could be a 2/1 easily without being outrageous. It's too safe and fair and that's usually not good enough for constructed.

Where did all this caution go when they were designing shaman cards? They're not consistent.

2/1 is too much in my opinion. I really think they need to be conservative with the costs given how insane the deck is after it snowballs. The deck would be not fun at all to play against if it could consistently snowball. By your 5th jade golem you start becoming unbeatable, so you really should have the first few be extremely weak.

Kinda similar to inspire. The cards are too understated to be good, but would be not good for the game if they were much better.

ZealousD

That is disgusting.

A druid could theoretically never run out of cards and just keep pumping out threats. Fatigue bullshit.

Dahbomb

The Jade cards are not over costed, they are costed exactly what they should be.

That Druid card.... wut. You can honestly play that in Token Druid with Arcane Giants.

Kripp probably busted a nut seeing that card. Never lose in fatigue.

gutshot

The Jade cards are not over costed, they are costed exactly what they should be.

That Druid card.... wut. You can honestly play that in Token Druid with Arcane Giants.

Kripp probably busted a nut seeing that card. Never lose in fatigue.

Yeah, you don't even need to go full-blown Jade Golem. Just run that card alongside the usual Tokens and Arcane Giants. Late game value for dayzzzz.

Fersis

The druid card: INFINITE VALUE

Edit: Just saw the official twitter account:
Hearthstone ‏@PlayHearthstone 22s22 seconds ago
Infinite value!
lol

shaman is getting bad cards, good..
Dunno man, it's an anti Jade Golem / N'Zoth card

Man, we're getting some crazy cards huh

Pretty sure we can claim Fandral as the strongest class legendary that ever existéd in hearthstone at this point
Tirion is pretty strong and fits in almost any Paladin deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you can start buffing your golems from turn one, then maybe it's not as hopeless against aggro as I thought.

And I don't know how traditional control could ever win against Jade Golems.

ZealousD

I am always glad that there are usually a couple decks that are popular in the meta that check fatigue druid heavily, because that archetype is the WORST. Stupidly lopsided anti-fun bullshit just like Freeze Mage, except it doesn't even give you benefit of ending the game in a timely manner.

Dahbomb

Devolve is -1/-1 on enemy minions and dispel them on average. There are some niche situations where it can crush the enemy board, like you Devolve the enemy to soften them up for Lightning Storm clear. You can also use it to counter the Goons.

It's still a bit too situational to get value out of and sometimes you might Devolve a 5 mana into 477 and then instantly remove the card from the deck.

Xanathus

Pretty sure we can claim Fandral as the strongest class legendary that ever existéd in hearthstone at this point

Its not like C'thun deck not viable for laddering too its pretty good.. prettý useful if you need quick deck for clearing guest. I think you gonna get a lot more use of it than Fandral. I rather set up Cthun Druid than struggle with those meh aggro druid deck. If you wanna play mediocre deck may as well pláy with bìg dude.

ayyy lmao

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
How often does token druid run into fatigue anyway? I guess you can tech in 1 of them for winning all fatigue games, but it's otherwise basically a dead card outside of summoning a 1 mana 1/1 and reducing the cost of Arcane Giants.

Seems insane for normal Jade Golem decks though.

Pooya

Dunno man, it's an anti Jade Golem / N'Zoth card

Man, we're getting some crazy cards huh

It's like a very narrow edge tech card, I don't think it's very good. Maybe in control shaman it's useful.

It doesn't counter Jade Golem, it doesn't do much against that, their cost increases with their stats. N'Zoth board, sure maybe. Earlier hex usually take care of N'Zoth anyway. Maybe you play one copy in control shaman otherwise I don't see the point.

Xanathus

It can ONLY be used in C'thun decks which aren't going to change much if at all without new C'thun cards. Compare it to Fandral or even Hallazeal which can only improve as more cards that synergize with them comes along.

And this is the post where I predicted that Fandral is one of the MVPs of WOTOG.

bjaelke

Play Devolve on opponent's C'Thun so it becomes Majordomo Executus, kill it with Rend Blackhand and play Evolve to transform him into Ragnaros. Easy 10 mana OTK with little to no setup required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom