• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly i'm a big fan of the 2 mana 1/1 deathrattle, with stealth you're able to leverage him for stuff next turn and he gets the ball rolling early on golems. He also pairs well with n'zoth

question though. How does rogue stabilize and recover?

I think the first rogue jade golem deck I run is n'zoth, with mistress of mixtures as well.

jgminto

Maybe you'd consider running Devolve if Hex got nerfed, it's too inconsistent to be used as some sort of board clear combo like Equality or Pint Size Potion so most of the time it will only get value if you already have a board yourself.

The Druid card is absolutely busted, Jadegolem Druid will basically never lose to control decks if played right.

Szadek

The druid card is powerful, but the effect is very slow and you probably don't want to draw too many Jade Idol early on.
It could be really broken, but I'm not quite sure about that just yet.
Certianly an auto-pock from a ravel idol when the deck are running thin.

Devolve is pretty bad. It might not do anything at all or even make things worse.
Even as a N'zoth counter, it's not very impessive.

The druid card is powerful, but the effect is very slow and you probably don't want to draw too many Jade Idol early on.
It could be really broken, but I'm not quite sure about that just yet.
Certianly an auto-pock from a ravel idol when the deck are running thin.

Devolve is pretty bad. It might not do anything at all or even make things worse.
Even as a N'zoth counter, it's not very impessive.

You wait until you have auctioneer and then you go off with it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can't decide which card is more overrated. Pint-Sized Potion or Devolve.

People went more nuts over Pint-Sized Potion but I can actually see it as a cute tech card that you might actually include a single copy of. Devolve is mostly just pointless.

Xanathus

Devolve is obviously not useful right now, but once Standard rotates and if Shaman is given more cards for playing a Control deck I can easily see Devolve being a common 1-off just like how Mulch is a 1-off in Druid.

In fact Pint-sized Potion & Devolve are really similar in the sense that they're not useful cards on their own, but become amazing when combined with other cards like SW:Horror or Lightning Storm/Elemental Destruction.

wiibomb

I can't decide which card is more overrated. Pint-Sized Potion or Devolve.

People went more nuts over Pint-Sized Potion but I can actually see it as a cute tech card that you might actually include a single copy of. Devolve is mostly just pointless.

I can totally see the potential of PSP, it is a very good tech card that can work with many situations as well as being just 1 mana, I still think that card is good.

Devolve is not good, it is a bad card, sending a minion from 8 mana, from say... Ragnaros, to 7 mana, doesn't make the minion disappear or anything, it can even be anti sinergycal

ZealousD

With Evolve, you're giving your enemy's board a gentle message. You aren't really reducing the threat all that much. You have to use more cards to actually follow up and take advantage. Better to just kill it. Blow it up with Elemental Destruction.

I can totally see the potential of PSP, it is a very good tech card that can work with many situations as well as being just 1 mana, I still think that card is good.

It's too situational to be used by itself, and with the exception of Cabal Shadow Priest, all the cards it combos with result in sub-optimal synergy or it requires you to run cards that are also bad on their own.

fertygo

Zealous you should know better than calĺing 1 mana card overrated this early.

Cheap spell always find a way to be abused in this game.

wiibomb

It's too situational to be used by itself, and with the exception of Cabal Shadow Priest, all the cards it combos with result in sub-optimal synergy or it requires you to run cards that are also bad on their own.

it needs the right set up, but I think even cabal shadow priest is good enough of a combo to keep both in a deck.

in a deck with shadow word: horror or even shadow madness, hell, potion of madness, this card can be a good swing.

it needs a kind of specially crafted deck, but I think it can pull its weight

ZealousD

Zealous you should know better than calĺing 1 mana card overrated this early.

Cheap spell always find a way to be abused in this game.

There are plenty of 1 mana spells that see zero play. The only way that priest abuses 1 mana spells is wild pyromancer, and that interaction is anti-synergy. Reducing attack is pointless if the enemy minion is already dead.

Edit: Here's some context for why I call PSP overrated. Here's how the card is rated on Hearthpwn right now.

JRoJpAq.gif

This is basically one of the highest rated cards in the set on that site. It's barely behind Dragonfire Potion.

in a deck with shadow word: horror or even shadow madness, hell, potion of madness, this card can be a good swing.

PSP is a very poor setup for shadow madness or potion of madness. You probably aren't going to kill much because the enemy minion you are running the stolen minion into is going to have its attack reduced and it probably won't kill the thing you steal.

wiibomb

Edit: Here's some context for why I call PSP overrated. Here's how the card is rated on Hearthpwn right now.

JRoJpAq.gif

This is basically one of the highest rated cards in the set on that site. It's barely behind Dragonfire Potion.

I would put in in "Very Good" for sure... but that's just me

Dahbomb

The Jade Token is a win for condition by itself to be honest.

If you have that in the deck as Druid then you don't need to tech against Control at all, you can go full anti aggro and draw.

Stuff like this is why we can't have a control meta.

There are plenty of 1 mana spells that see zero play. The only way that priest abuses 1 mana spells is wild pyromancer, and that interaction is anti-synergy. Reducing attack is pointless if the enemy minion is already dead.

JRoJpAq.gif

I definitely do not put stock in these online rating polls but based on that PSP is hella overrated and I still think it's a good card.

People are too quick to mash the meta defining button without knowing what it means.

patchday

omg Devolve will chase nzoth out of standard for real (granted he's already been chased out). Tirion, Sylvannas, etc will be mass hexed for just 2 mana without their deathrattle going off

wonder what prompted the creation of this rather vile RNG card

(all that said I might run in control shaman)

Szadek

omg Devolve will chase nzoth out of standard for real (granted he's already been chased out). Tirion, Sylvannas, etc will be mass hexed for just 2 mana without their deathrattle going off

No, it's not mass hex, not even close.

ZealousD

I would put in in "Very Good" for sure... but that's just me

Even in the deck you play it I don't think you put in two copies. It's too situational and your synergies aren't great. I would rate it playable or even bad.

wiibomb

you might be severely overstating devolve... devolving a sylvannas into a Validated Doomsayer isn't eliminating the threat... in fact, making it a prince malcheazar or a Gadgetzan Auctioneer is not eliminating the threat

patchday

I can just see the screams on this board when Devolve goes live and I will say I told you so. When I play a deathrattle minion I want it to go off. If I didn't rely on the deathrattle effect I'd play minion with battlecrys. not to mention a lot of deathrattle minons synergize so well with Barnes (like highmane)

ZealousD

I definitely do not put stock in these online rating polls but based on that PSP is hella overrated and I still think it's a good card.

People are too quick to mash the meta defining button without knowing what it means.

I'm using it as a gauge for community sentiment. Not some objective scale for how good the card really is. So far I don't see anything on Hearthpwn's site that shows that these ratings aren't reflective of how the community is actually reacting. Most cards don't get nearly that high on the meta-defining score.

No if I play a Deathrattle Minion I want it to die as a Deathrattle Minion when I'm playing NZoth. The situation you're describing still leaves you with a 9 mana Minion a 7 mana Minion and a 5 mana Minion.
Before NZoth you won't see sylvanas and Tirion out at the same time very often.

ZealousD

I can just see the screams on this board when Devolve goes live and I will say I told you so. When I play a deathrattle minion I want it to go off. If I didn't rely on the deathrattle effect I'd play minion with battlecrys. not to mention a lot of deathrattle minons synergize so well with Barnes (like highmane)

Let's not engage in unprompted I-told-you-so's. Some of that was happening with Old Gods (myself included) and it made the thread more toxic than it needed to be. I am potentially looking to do an overrated/underrated section in the card review stream that Dahbomb and I usually do that will tie back into our subsequent re-review. If you want to place your bets on that kind of thing, we can make that the environment for that. Make it a friendly competition, not toxic bragging.

I only play Shaman, but I have Fandral and Cenarius. Hmm. Might have to give Druid a shot.

Edit: I run 2 Hexes and I would consider running one hex and a Devolve if not all 3.

patchday

I dont understand why you guys are so calm. It's already frustrating to play Paladin as-is. Every player with any sense already knows to save 1 remove/hex for Tirion.

Now when the pally plays his card. Bam, Tirion get transformed and no weapon. How is this good lol? Plus I cant rez tirion later with Zoth. I'd dare say Tirion already is nowhere near good as Fandral. At least I can play Fandral and get instant value.

I'm not even covering other cases like you finally accumulate a good board. Shaman hits Devolve. What if you get left with a freakin' Doomsayer? Your board is gone lol

This card only 2 mana why not fit it into a slot just to troll people

wiibomb

Let's not engage in unprompted I-told-you-so's. Some of that was happening with Old Gods (myself included) and it made the thread more toxic than it needed to be. I am potentially looking to do an overrated/underrated section in the card review stream that Dahbomb and I usually do that will tie back into our subsequent re-review. If you want to place your bets on that kind of thing, we can make that the environment for that. Make it a friendly competition, not toxic bragging.

this please... I don't want to see people around calling out others for predictions that in the end we know are pretty useless, this is just discussion of how we think the cards will be when released, not doing a blood pact about it.

although some friendly bets could be very entertaining

ZealousD

I dont understand why you guys are so calm. It's already frustrating to play Paladin as-is. Every player with any sense already knows to save 1 remove/hex for Tirion.

Now when the pally plays his card. Bam, Tirion get transformed and no weapon. How is this good lol?

Because you didn't solve the problem, you just made it slightly less of a problem. If you devolve a Tirion you still have this giant 7-mana body on the board that will still pound your face in. If you have to use another card or two in order to answer it then you just had to expend multiple cards in order to answer their single card. Basically, your 2 mana card only solved the Ashbringer problem, it didn't solve the problem of the huge threat on their board.

Now when the pally plays his card. Bam, Tirion get transformed and no weapon. How is this good lol? Plus I cant rez tirion later with Zoth. I'd dare say Tirion already is nowhere near good as Fandral. At least I can play Fandral and get instant value.

I'm not even covering other cases like you finally accumulate a good board. Shaman hits Devolve. What if you get left with a freakin' Doomsayer? Your board is gone lol

This card only 2 mana why not fit it into a slot just to troll people
I agree with you on the state of paladin but the case you're describing isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound.
They didn't deal with Tirion that way, they downsized it and spent a card in the process.

Devolve isn't the issue, the issue is that Blizzard is boxing Paladin in a direction that has no overlap with control.
Paladin got brain dead cards that do 1 thing only. Even worse they aren't even standalone good minions, quite on the contrary.
Simultaneously we didn't get any spells that gives us a leg up over Shaman nor other control decks, no removal not even a board clear. I don't buy into Paladin not getting removal as part of their identity.

cHinzo

Paladin got brain dead cards that do 1 thing only. Even worse they aren't even standalone good minions, quite on the contrary.
Simultaneously we didn't get any spells that gives us a leg up over Shaman nor other control decks, no removal not even a board clear. I don't buy into Paladin not getting removal as part of their identity.

Paladin doesn't have any great burst and I would say the Druid buffs like Power of the Wild, Mark of the Wild and Mark of Nature would have done wonders for Paladin, but too bad they are stuck on the wrong class.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I like to think that Ranks 20-15 in Standard or Wild are the Malchezzar ranks. You see it and you know some jank ass homebrew deck is about so you gotta be prepared for anything.

Dahbomb

I'm not going to call people out specifically but for real this card is going to ruin our day sooner or later that's a promise
Alright then this post is saved for posterity. We will have a special feature when we re-review this card months from now.

Dahbomb

This is all for fun and a learning lesson. And trust me I have learned a lot and have gotten better over time because of it.

I think people are calling devolve a little too early tbh. It's cheap, transform is strong, and there is a lot of randomness. It's probably not good enough, but there is an unknown factor with the randomness. It could be very good in some match ups, which could put it around the playable mark.

Even against a flooded board, it could act like a -1/-1 aoe. But it also cuts hard against a lot of synergies, occasionally blows up a minion, cancels out deathrattles, sometimes gives completely bad minions like doomsayer... It can be really strong for a 2 mana spell.

Right now I am judging it around a 3 I think, on that 5 point scale. I also doubt "meta defining" should be interpreted literally.

fertygo

Devolve is really bad there is really good edge case where the card can be useful but its not reliable to put in your 30 card of choice.

Card will does next to nothing against zoolock board.. not affect violet teacher token or shaman totem.

So what the hell you use it for? Its simply unreliable for laddering.

Like I say its tournament tech card IMO.. if you decide target the hell out of nzoth warrior or something similar.

Mulgrok

devolve is a counter to to the paladin snowball cards that buff minions in hand. They dump a hand full of buffed 1 mana minions and you devolve them into 1/1's.

EDIT: it could also work against hunter and warrior cards that get buffed while in hand. I like to think of Devolve as a mas dispel tech choice.

patchday

yep it was printed to murder paladin since they get all the fancy buffs. plus tirion gets neutered is extra icing

Right now we're all thinking Shaman dont need this card. But when new meta comes in the Spring who can say?

Granted I still expect a paladin/priest to hop on the forum and complain. [edit- Actually not priest they will be pwning dudes]

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The worst part about playing wild is not having the vicious syndicate data reaper report.

I don't want it to tell me the best decklists or the best decks. I just want to know whether or not each matchup is favored or not. When I lose as a renolock in standard to a priest, I know I fucked up somehow. It is harder for me to know what matchups are good or bad in wild.

I don't really trust tempostorm on this.

patchday

man I think I'm getting toxic ingame I used to be nice (even to priests). now anytime I lethal a priest I'm hitting threaten emote like nobody's business lol

gotta kick'em while they're down cause soon they will be sooo much better

Cat Party

Devolve is really bad there is really good edge case where the card can be useful but its not reliable to put in your 30 card of choice.

Card will does next to nothing against zoolock board.. not affect violet teacher token or shaman totem.

So what the hell you use it for? Its simply unreliable for laddering.

Like I say its tournament tech card IMO.. if you decide target the hell out of nzoth warrior or something similar.

Dragon priest will be a popular deck once this drops. Dragon deck minions are typically high health minions that cheat the curve a little bit, letting them trade into shaman minions very well. Devolve will really hurt that. Plus you lose Dragonfire synergy.

Ironically, Devolve is probably strongest against other Shamans.

That is disgusting.

A druid could theoretically never run out of cards and just keep pumping out threats. Fatigue bullshit.
Yeah, this is pretty wild...on one hand, I absolutely hate Fatigue as a playstyle. On the other hand...doesn't this mean that Jade Druid auto-wins most control matchups?

The Super Shredder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom