• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to hit 4000 today (hopefully the brawl is enough to clear all I have queued) and for some reason, the amazon promotion ($50 for $25) was allowed for my main account even when I couldn't before, so now I have a load of "money" to burn on the expansion...

I'm just sad I can't buy the preorder on the app since I can't use the amazon coins for it.

BTW, when should we be waiting the winter veil events?

I think they did a brawl last year. Seasonal events haven't really been a thing in hearthstone.

It had packages fall on the battlefield, destroying them got the player some resource I forget.

suaveric

I'm about to hit 4000 today (hopefully the brawl is enough to clear all I have queued) and for some reason, the amazon promotion ($50 for $25) was allowed for my main account even when I couldn't before, so now I have a load of "money" to burn on the expansion...

I'm just sad I can't buy the preorder on the app since I can't use the amazon coins for it.

BTW, when should we be waiting the winter veil events?

What's this amazon promotion?

FeD.nL

So with Devolve, and the set overall. Are we perhaps getting a big overhaul for 2017 in terms of modes? I mean they did say during the standard reveal polygon feature that 2017 would be crazy. And with the way this set is going, with a lot of cards being counters to specific decks are we finally getting a tournament mode as the main competitive mode?

edit:

"I think 2016 will feel very different," Brode says. "And then 2017 will feel bonkers."

link

What's this amazon promotion?

Gotta have an android device or a emulator first off.

Also have to have never used their App Store or purchased their currency. That includes free games. Then you buy the coins and download hearthstone through their app.

If all the above is true you can get 50$ worth of cyber bucks for 25$. Which is admittedly a pretty sweet deal.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The thing is that Shaman wouldn't run 2 Mana Owl over Hex or Earth Shock. There are also fewer targets worth silencing in this meta than when Owls were dominant, if most circumstances just lead to a potential reduction in board stats(not even guaranteed in some situations), I don't think it will see any play if Hex isn't also getting nerfed.

For some reason I forgot about Earth Shock. That card used to commonly see play over Owl didn't it? And now it doesn't even see play while every shaman is running spell power.

It still hits some stuff that silence doesn't, like 477 but that's probably not enough.

patchday

I take back what I said about meta decks in wild in the low ranks.

Mech mage with Malchezaar. What the hell.

went back to Standard ladder for easier matches with my maly rogue and mage. Wild ladder I'm still trying to figure out. Kept getting golden heroes that knew what they were doing last night.

bjaelke

Description: Valeera has stolen spells from every class and filled your deck with them! Each of those spells will summon a random minion of the same cost when played.

Time to clear some Rogue quests

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So this is a thing that happened. LoL

Thanks Golden Monkey craziness!

screenshot_2016-11-23ryrnl.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Description: Valeera has stolen spells from every class and filled your deck with them! Each of those spells will summon a random minion of the same cost when played.

Time to clear some Rogue quests

(The Great Summoner Competition + Encounter at the Crossroads) * Burgle = This

Finalow

Except you don't, like at all.
There are both at 2/5 ,so this great comdo deals a grand total of 4 damage.
except we don't exactly know for sure if the PSP effect disappears after you steal the minion or not, if it doesn't then yes, the combo with Potion of Madness isn't really good. and my bad, you can't actually kill both 5/5s in that situation, even if the -3 isn't applied on your minion.
regardless of that, having the Cabal synergy and the option to use it in order to trade *more or less* for free is probably enough to make the card playable, and I still believe it's a really good card.

ZealousD

except we don't exactly know if the PSP effect disappears after you steal the minion or not, if it does then yes, the combo with Potion of Madness isn't really good. and my bad, you can't actually kill both 5/5s in that situation, even if the -3 isn't applied on your minion.
regardless of that, having the Cabal synergy and the option to use it in order to trade *more or less* for free is probably enough to make the card playable, and I still believe it's a really good card.

I don't think the Cabal synergy is quite enough. Shrinkmeister had some extra utility because it was attached to a body. Usually with combo cards you need the effect to combo with several different cards in your deck.

This is what I meant when I said that either the synergy was poor (madness effects, shadow word pain) or the cards it synergizes with is individually poor (shadow word horror). Cabal is the only good option here. It's sort of like how Cho'Gall is only super good with Siphon Soul. That wasn't enough for Cho'Gall to see play.

Finalow

I don't think the Cabal synergy is quite enough. Shrinkmeister had some extra utility because it was attached to a body. Usually with combo cards you need the effect to combo with several different cards in your deck.

This is what I meant when I said that either the synergy was poor (madness effects, shadow word pain) or the cards it synergizes with is individually poor (shadow word horror). Cabal is the only good option here. It's sort of like how Cho'Gall is only super good with Siphon Soul. That wasn't enough for Cho'Gall to see play.
you don't have the 3/2 body you had with Shrinkmeister but Shrinkmeister was 2 mana and applied a -2, this is 1 mana and applies a -3, which means you can steal better minions 1 turn earlier. is it better? It might be, I guess it'll depend on the meta and what minions the opponents play. the card by itself has so much more potential than Shrinkmeister though.
I mean, if this was just about using it with Cabal then I'd agree with you, but using it for trades can actually be a big deal, especially since you're Priest and you can heal your minions back to full after it.

First attempt at this brawl. Opponent played Innervate into Astral Communion on turn 2.

They lost because they were top-decking the rest of the game, but I still found that amusing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kibler's Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Review Part 4 is up LINK

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The thing with pint sized potion is you lose the body but get way more out of it since you gain the effect board-wide (and it's a more POWERFUL effect) along with a mana discount which I think is an easy trade. The 3/2 was never a body you actually wanted in Priest since those minions need a power word shield for the hero power to do anything. The dream combo everyone would want with Shrinkmeister back in the day was grabbing Ysera, opening this up to 5 attack is a big deal if cards like Syl, Emperor, Thing From Below, etc. are all added to the mix on top of 4 attack minions. If shrinkmeister himself already saw play I would be surprised if what is just a stronger version doesn't, even if you lose out on the option of playing a 3/2 on 2(which, again, is shit for Priest anyway). I sorta feel the same about that Druid card that's just 1 mana +1/+1 to all since they don't want to just play a 3/2 instead, only this is more powerful over the base card.

Horror is a bad card but control Priest always has situational reactive cards and that combo seems too good to not work out. Like every single minion midrange shaman plays except fire ele just die to it, any minion attack range on the field 0-5 all just dying atleast needs to be heavily tested out.

Cho'gall spells that a renolock would play are usually board clear centric which works out poorly. Outside of their pool of 1 mana spells they're almost all like this -- hellfire is bad since it basically kills you, deals 7 damage and makes cho a 7/4. Shadowflame has potential but the card typically isn't hard to trigger and you want it to be a swing where you pull ahead, paying cho'gall with it is pretty slow. Twisting nether is obviously bad since you pull it off 1 turn earlier which dealing 8 to yourself. Siphon ends up standing out compared to all of those but is single target removal. You can basically look at Cabal as the single target removal and horror as the powerful sweep.

The shadow madness card is more of a question mark for me. The card is always best when the meta has sticky garbage so you keep something out of it or deny something strong. Obviously had a ton of targets pre-standard with scientist, creeper, nerubian egg, knife juggler, etc. Right now this is only looking like Hunter so something like Kindly Grandmother woudl be good but that's about it. Bad Rat is also good now but if the grimy goon stuff works out the buffs might actually pull it out of range easily.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I guess the scenario here would be having three Murlocs on board, playing that, and then playing Everyfin.

Otherwise you're having to do some pretty late game comboing.

I'm not sold on this working, but you'd presumably play it if you were doing a Shaman Murloc deck.

Pooya

2 cards 7 mana, get 4 3/3 plus 2/2 on everything on board.

eh. It's kinda comparable to quartermaster, quite a bit worse obviously as it's more situational.

also

I_Am_Murloc%28714%29.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Swim Against Darkness

It's also fuel for Siltfin Spiritwalker

This guy right here.

You play this and Everyfin is Awesome on turn 7 and you get 4 3/3s. That isn't awful.

Still for 7 mana you could also get Abyssal Enforcer which will sweep all the 3/3s and give you a 6/6.

Pooya

If only you could turn your hero power to summon murlocs instead... hmm

If you could play all these murloc cards in one class, I think you could have a really good deck, Blizzard doesn't want that, they just waste the cards instead.

ZealousD

If only you could turn your hero power to summon murlocs instead... hmm

If you could play all these murloc cards in one class, I think you could have a really good deck, Blizzard doesn't want that, they just waste the cards instead.

I think they want Shaman, Paladin, and Warlock to all have possible Murloc decks you can play. Murloc decks are classic Hearthstone and they want them to stick around. Warlock and Paladin became sort of the original murloc decks because they had the card draw tools available. Shaman works thematically but they have to create the cards to support it. This is part of that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Opponent Firelands Portals my Dr. Boom and gets Troggzor.

This might be the worst brawl ever. I'm not kidding.

My opponent basically turned into a standard miracle rogue by getting Auctioneer after a Tomb Pillager and cycled through the deck.

Luckily I won my second game by coining implosion that gave me a violet teacher, into soul of the forest, into savage roar. Don't even care how bullshit it was.

zoukka

Can't wait for shamanstone to end. I think I preferred the 2-mana buzzard meta and MC meta to this pile of shit. Shaman has no weaknesses at the moment.

I can see it being good. Turn 5 play finja. Turn 6 summon 4 murlocs. You have 5 on board. Everyfin is 7 iirc, reduced by 1 for each murloc, so you can play it right away. And finja summons 2 more murlocs (if you can do it before the buff, makes everyfin free) so you still have room for that to proc.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can't wait for shamanstone to end. I think I preferred the 2-mana buzzard meta and MC meta to this pile of shit. Shaman has no weaknesses at the moment.
Do you think Shaman reign of terror will end with Means Streets of Gadgetzan?
Or are you waiting for next year rotation?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Call in the finishers might just flat out fit in bloodlust shaman. Real fast way to rebuild a wide board after an AoE.

Maybe I'll try out a standard midrange shaman deck with this and everyfin as the only murloc cards.

ZealousD

Seems like pack filler. It can fit into a Murloc deck for sure, but I don't think this is the card that will make Murloc Shaman viable. Maybe you could find a way to combo it with Siltfin Spiritwalker in Wild.

I hope they have cool tokens at least.

It doesn't need to make murloc shaman viable. It just has to be something that you play in murloc shaman. Usually you need multiple cards to make some archetype "viable". Something like Worgen Greaser is pack filler. This isn't.

V-Faction

So, Shaman final gets its Muster/FoN card... and it's murlocs. Yay.

It was clear that a card like this needed to exist for Everyfin is Awesome to even work -- let alone if competitively viable -- and yet each card exists in a different Standard format. Blizz, c'mon.

The relation to "I Am Murloc" ETC card is hilarious though.

Board flooding is certainly a nice tool, but even other combos look more enticing. Such as the new Dopplegangster + Evolve = three 6's. Where as EFA + This is a turn 7 combo. Will you want to evolve these murlocs? I doubt they're 4-cost.

Also, no Jade Golem synergy. Which, I mean, hey, that's okay, but that's yet one more balancing act. So what is it Blizzard: Totems? Murlocs? Jade Golems?

E:

I can see it being good. Turn 5 play finja. Turn 6 summon 4 murlocs. You have 5 on board. Everyfin is 7 iirc, reduced by 1 for each murloc, so you can play it right away. And finja summons 2 more murlocs (if you can do it before the buff, makes everyfin free) so you still have room for that to proc.

That seems like the coolest interaction so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUGyjWk11Sg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom