• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Do you think Shaman reign of terror will end with Means Streets of Gadgetzan?
Or are you waiting for next year rotation?
Shamans won't be any weaker since nothing rotates out, it just depends on how strong the new decks will be and on how well they can deal with them.
judging from all the new cards seen so far I'm betting on Priest. I really want to be wrong though because fuckpriest.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shamans won't be any weaker since nothing rotates out, it just depends on how strong the new decks will be and on how well they can deal with them.
judging from all the new cards seen so far I'm betting on Priest. I really want to be wrong though because fuckpriest.
Yeah that what i mean, good Shaman cards dont really matter meanwhile Midrange Shaman is S Tier.
Apparently Blizzy's plan is to wait 'til next year rotation to balance it out.

bjaelke

NGRMq2v.png

Just playing to get to Rank 20 so I don't miss out on the card back and I was graced with a very beautiful combo.

Feel bad for the guy though, I think his game broke, or he was a bot. After one of my turns he just kept highlighting random minions but not doing anything.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you get a 3/3 from Jade Behemoth it's comparable to Faceless Summoner. It seems like it puts more value into the Jade Golem than the other Jade Golem cards, but that might make sense as it comes later in the game?

Ladekabel

I've been really unlucky in this brawl so far. If I'll only get 40 dust from my pack then there will be blood
from how butthurt I am.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This Brawl is pretty boring, even by RNG Brawl standards. It just isn't fun, compared to even Randomonium, which I'll gladly play a dozen games to quickly get through all my quests.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If you get a 3/3 from Jade Behemoth it's comparable to Faceless Summoner. It seems like it puts more value into the Jade Golem than the other Jade Golem cards, but that might make sense as it comes later in the game?

Hmm, I'm not sure if it coming later in the game justifies the higher cost for the effect.

Jade Behemoth feels a little understatted but I guess it's hard to know for sure until we see all the cards.

Probably doesn't help that Aya Blackpaw is in the same mana slot.

ZealousD

Hmm, I'm not sure if it coming later in the game justifies the higher cost for the effect.

It'll depend a lot on what the final deck looks like, I think. How easy is it to curve with your Jade Golems?

squidyj

Jade Behemoth feels a little understatted but I guess it's hard to know for sure until we see all the cards.

Probably doesn't help that Aya Blackpaw is in the same mana slot.

nah

4 mana 3/6 taunt is pretty good. this takes 2 more mana to summon a jade golem on top. It pushes it back and makes the body less valuable but manawise it works out.

ZealousD

nah

4 mana 3/6 taunt is pretty good. this takes 2 more mana to summon a jade golem on top. It pushes it back and makes the body less valuable but manawise it works out.

The Jade Golem hasn't been evaluated at 2 mana with the other cards. It's been evaluated closer to 1 mana. That's why the concern might be that it's a little understatted, because this card puts more value into the Jade Golem than the other cards have. With the exception of Jade Spirit.

It'll depend a lot on what the final deck looks like, I think. How easy is it to curve with your Jade Golems?

This is where it's very iffy for Druid at the moment in my opinion.

They only have one card left to reveal and it seems like there's a bit of a gap in terms of generating Golems in the early game. There's Jade Blossom but after that, not much else unless you want want to burn your Jade Idols. The deck is probably going to be forced into running Jade Spirit and I'm not particularly sold on that card. Even more so when you'd want to ramp past the 4 mana slot with Jade Blossom.

ZealousD

This is very it's iffy for Druid at the moment in my opinion.

They only have one card left to reveal and it seems like there's a bit of a gap in terms of generating Golems in the early game. There's Jade Blossom but after that, not much else unless you want want to burn your Jade Idols. The deck is probably going to be forced into running Jade Spirit and I'm not particularly sold on that card.

Jade Blossom is kind of an awkward card right now. It doesn't curve naturally into Jade Spirit nor does it curve into Jade Behemoth. If Druid has some kind of Jade Golem card at 5 mana then we might have a deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Awww yes more cards to get hit with Shadow Word: Pain. But for real this card is very on the edge, I think. It's quite close to being awesome but Druid really needs like 1 more solid Golem producer minion to make this deck stable. With Jade Blossom and Jade Sprit being costed in such a way that it seems like they want you to still run Wild Growth, I dunno where you slot this guy in. The cost and stats just seems a bit awkward atm. Then again pull this thing with Lunar Visions and you are beyond happy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jade Blossom is kind of an awkward card right now. It doesn't curve naturally into Jade Spirit nor does it curve into Jade Behemoth. If Druid has some kind of Jade Golem card at 5 mana then we might have a deck.

I mean, Druid could just play another 5 drop, like Druid of the Claw

Jade decks look like they'll be largely midrange decks or control. At least so far.

Druid seems to be ramp oriented.

Rogue seems to be n'zoth oriented.

Shaman seems to be midrange/control oriented, although I guess 4 damage to face plus a minion could be played in aggro.

Of course I am not saying these are strict at all. Just what I am feeling might be the best archetypes at the moment.

I guess in theory Druid could build more defensive with a lot of draw and just rely on Jade Idol spam to generate a ton of value late rather than trying to build them up in the first half of the game.

Like, maybe you don't even run anything outside of Jade Idol and Aya Blackpaw lol.

I want your ladders. I was doing ranked Wild for Druid mastery and the moment I got to rank 20 I started facing top tier meta decks.

I don't know about wild, but I routinely meet golden portraits with meta decks at rank 19-20 standard. I don't know about level of skill for those players, but I do know I need a decent deck to climb above that.

edit-- some scrub decks do exist but meta decks are more common.
I think a lot of it is the time of day you play. In my experience, Sunday mornings have the scrubbiest players you can imagine. My first few months were Sunday morning ladder grinds to hit rank 5.

When you learn that Stoneclaw Totem doesn't have a snakehead.
We all have that moment. Most misleading card art in the game!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think a lot of it is the time of day you play. In my experience, Sunday mornings have the scrubbiest players you can imagine. My first few months were Sunday morning ladder grinds to hit rank 5.

Time of day ABSOLUTELY plays a role. I haven't discerned when exactly is a great time, but maybe I should try Sunday morning.

Levi

Banned
I used to have my best winrates first thing in the morning, presumably because I was facing people who were playing on the phone while they commute. Now early morning is hyper-competitive, which I am theorizing is because I'm facing people from other regions who are probably already legend on their home region.

Now my easiest games are during lunch. I was 5-0 today, and one of my opponents was a hunter who coined Freezing Trap on turn one. VS ZOO.

squidyj

The Jade Golem hasn't been evaluated at 2 mana with the other cards. It's been evaluated closer to 1 mana. That's why the concern might be that it's a little understatted, because this card puts more value into the Jade Golem than the other cards have. With the exception of Jade Spirit.

yeah I don't think these are fair assessments at all. jade spirit is more indicative of how it's valued stat for stat

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh new Shaman cards?

*reads text*

*slams head on desk*

I'll have 4k gold for this set but there's still nothing I want to play in there and I doubt I'll like how the meta will shift. Might take a few months off if things don't settle into a fun place.

Oh new Shaman cards?

*reads text*

*slams head on desk*

I'll have 4k gold for this set but there's still nothing I want to play in there and I doubt I'll like how the meta will shift. Might take a few months off if things don't settle into a fun place.

I dont understand this post.

patchday

got home early from work was looking forward to playing some more but then wife/kids wanted to go to some bouncy gym. just getting home and tired. #WillNeverBeLegend

For me its more bout best time of month. Middle of month is that super sweet spot.

Weekends can be rough. Weekdays are chill (mornings / lunch breaks)

Jade golem isn't just a body, it's a body and +1/+1 for your next golem. I think it's very fair to evaluate jade golem text as around 2 mana, maybe slightly less.

Jade behemoth that summons a 5/5, is a 3/6 taunt (5 mana) + 5/5 (4.5 mana) so 9.5 mana card for 6 not accounting for the buff of the next golem.

At 4 it values at 8.5. At 3 it's 7.5. At 2 it's 6.5. At 1 it's 5.5. It's only the first buff that doesn't meet the 6 cost.

And probably a good play once it's around 3/3. I think a 3/6 that summons a 3/3 is comparable to highmane in terms of pure value. Highmane edges out by .5 mana though. But I think it does get better than highmane at 4/4. It of course doesn't trade well with highmane... but I'm just looking at pure value.

-

Let's do the same math for rogue's shuriken. 2 damage = 1 mana.

1- 1.5 mana value = bad
2- 2.5 = good, but weaker than eviscerate (there is no 2 mana minion that deals 2 directed damage)
3- 3.5 = better than eviscerate
4- 4.5 = insane at this point?

-

jade spirit, 2/3 summon a jade golem. 2/3 = 2 mana.

2/3 + 1/1 - 3 mana value = terrible
2/3 + 2/2 - 4 mana value = acceptable
2/3 + 3/3 - 5 mana value
2/3 + 4/4 - 6 mana value

Jade spirit seems pretty meh by these stats. But I think it's actually okay because of the buff it gives to your next jade golem. A 2/3 + 2/2 is inferior to yeti, but a 2/3 + 2/2 that buffs your next golem by +1/+1? It's probably better than yeti if you look at it that way.

V-Faction

Because the Jade Golem cards are both the activators and activatees, there needs to be a surplus of them. The big reason why C'Thun decks can flourish is because of just how many card parts there are, all fulfilling different roles when needed. On top of that, C'thun itself isn't just a 6/6~ minion, it also has an effect. AND, on top of THAT, there are some Booster cards: those that benefit from having your C'Thun reach a minimum investment.

I feel like the Jade Golem cards are maybe trying to be all 3, with some trying to be 1 of those 3 roles slightly more. If you run out of ammunition, that's it, you're done. Where as if your C'Thun dies, you've still got cards like Twin Emps or Shieldbearer. Maybe if there was a card that did something powerful after reaching a certain # of Jade Golems summoned that wasn't simply summoning another one.

This is why Jade Idol is really the key piece, because of the endless potential. Use it to ramp or generate combo pieces. Like, I almost feel like it should be a Tri-Class card. Druids hit the lottery on this mechanic.

Got really lucky in the Brawl and won on my first game. Just kept drawing damage spells so I pushed face and won. Mind Blast and Headcrack did work.

Because the Jade Golem cards are both the activators and activatees, there needs to be a surplus of them. The big reason why C'Thun decks can flourish is because of just how many card parts there are, all fulfilling different roles when needed. On top of that, C'thun itself isn't just a 6/6~ minion, it also has an effect. AND, on top of THAT, there are some Booster cards: those that benefit from having your C'Thun reach a minimum investment.

I feel like the Jade Golem cards are maybe trying to be all 3, with some trying to be 1 of those 3 roles slightly more. If you run out of ammunition, that's it, you're done. Where as if your C'Thun dies, you've still got cards like Twin Emps or Shieldbearer. Maybe if there was a card that did something powerful after reaching a certain # of Jade Golems summoned that wasn't simply summoning another one.

This is why Jade Idol is really the key piece, because of the endless potential. Use it to ramp or generate combo pieces. Like, I almost feel like it should be a Tri-Class card. Druids hit the lottery on this mechanic.

You're assuming jade golems is the only way the deck wins. I don't even think it'll be the primary win condition for most of the successful decks.

Pooya

another control shaman card. seems alright. good stats.

this should be better than healing wave, control decks can't necessarily win jousts depending on the builds and the body is pretty good.

Pooya

you could jam that in mid shaman if you want to improve win rate against face decks or freeze mage too. It's healbot pretty much. You can actually target the heal, didn't notice that at first. It's really good.

Dahbomb

That Shaman heal card is very, very good.

Accounting for the Overload, it's a 3/6 minion (4 mana worth of stats) that heals something for 6 HP (slightly above 1 mana worth) at a bit under 5 mana.

You run this in Control Shaman for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom