• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the card personally. It's appropriately costed, impactful and resilient.

I think it will see a good amount of play.

And yeah, the art is amazing. I'll probably craft two golden ones because why not.

Dahbomb

To put into perspective, this is actually more efficient than Darkshire Alchemist which is a card that Priests play despite having access to so much heals.

Pooya

I'm excited for that shaman weapon on the site, Jade Claws. 1 mana 1/3 has plus 2 attack while you have a Jade Golem. that would be fun.

If it a neutral 5 mana minion it would be healbot 2.0. Dunno why they gave shaman such a strong heal attached to a body. Maybe control runs it once healing wave is gone, plus they have hallazeal which basically is reno levels of healing in their deck. Seems like a midrange minion through and through for now. If it were neutral, I think people would be rampant right now.

Although, maybe control does run it since it's that good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If it a neutral 5 mana minion it would be healbot 2.0. Dunno why they gave shaman such a strong heal attached to a body. Maybe control runs it once healing wave is gone, plus they have hallazeal which basically is reno levels of healing in their deck. Seems like a midrange minion through and through for now. If it were neutral, I think people would be rampant right now.

Although, maybe control does run it since it's that good.

Likely made because no one plays the straight up heal card they printed for the class.

Dahbomb

This isn't going to counter Freeze Mage. Classes and decks with far better heal still lose to FM.

Gaara said the true shaman counter is renolock and dragon priest, both also gonna significantly buffed.
No it's not. People have forgotten how the Lock vs Midrange Shaman match up used to go. Midrange Shaman used to win that match up when Shaman was the worst class in the game.

Things might be different in MSG but Slow Lock has never been favored against Midrange Shaman.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No it's not. People have forgotten how the Lock vs Midrange Shaman match up used to go. Midrange Shaman used to win that match up when Shaman was the worst class in the game.

Things might be different in MSG but Slow Lock has never been favored against Midrange Shaman.

Weren't those the days of Double Hex and Double Earth Shock? That's why Handlock always got crushed by Midrange Shaman in the past.

fertygo

Well dude #1 legend or something with mid-shaman at october and his tracker said worst matchup is renolock and dragon priest

I believe him, its not favored or something but that matchup only lopsided to mid-shaman if they can drop 2 0 mana 5/5 at same turn, and soon there's more flexible AoE answer for that.

Dahbomb

Weren't those the days of Double Hex and Double Earth Shock? That's why Handlock always got crushed by Midrange Shaman in the past.
Bloodlust too. Shaman got a few totems to stick then finish the Lock with it because Lock was always low on HP from tapping. Back in the day Shaman ran the double Bloodlust list against Locks.

If Renolock is this ever present threat then Shamans are going to tech in one Earth Shock for the Drake/taunts, one Bloodlust and call it a day. Thunderbluff Valiant are hard to remove as well, out of range of even the new Felfire Potion.

If Reno decks, especially Renolock, end up being super popular then midrange Shaman can get quite a bit slower/greedier to swing the matchups in their favor.

It's actually what I expect to happen to be honest.

Dahbomb

If Reno decks, especially Renolock, end up being super popular then midrange Shaman can get quite a bit slower/greedier to swing the matchups in their favor.

It's actually what I expect to happen to be honest.
Yup that's exactly right. Midrange Shamans don't need to tech against Dragon Priest and Renolock because they don't have to. It's such a small percentage of the meta and they are seeing some uptick right now because people are expecting those decks to be buffed soon.

Midrange Shaman can probably throw in an Elemental Destruction against Dragon Priest in MSG and demolish them too. Dragon Priest plays very poorly off the board.

ZealousD

Bloodlust too. Shaman got a few totems to stick then finish the Lock with it because Lock was always low on HP from tapping. Back in the day Shaman ran the double Bloodlust list against Locks.

If Renolock is this ever present threat then Shamans are going to tech in one Earth Shock for the Drake/taunts, one Bloodlust and call it a day. Thunderbluff Valiant are hard to remove as well, out of range of even the new Felfire Potion.

Well, Renolock will have access to Abyssal Enforcer at least. That's one more target that Shamans have to worry about hexing and it'll clear their totems to boot.

Szadek

The new shaman card is very good, as in midrange shaman might play this card.
Most people seems to overlock at this cards heal whaetever you want and not just your hero,which can make this card a very good tempo play by saving say a 3/1 Totem Golem.

Btw, Priest will probably never get broken healing spells, because anti heal is a thing.
At this point, it's more a burden than anything else.
This isn't going to counter Freeze Mage. Classes and decks with far better heal still lose to FM.

I'm not sure about Renolock, but classic handlock wasn't a great match up back in the day, more like about equal.
Sure, you have 2x hex and 2x earthshock, but the have 2 drakes ,4 giants and 4 board clears.

Control Warrior was secretly the best match up by far, as in 80-90% at some points if you knew what you were doing.

Shinypogs

Fuck shaman, I can't even get away from it while completing quests in casual. Although I did see a murloc shaman that killed me by turn five so that was something new.

At this rate I feel like I'm going to have to shell out money for blackrock mountain just so that I can also play a dragon deck for the next 4 months and not get run over by them. I don't think their broken or anything but it's frustrating to run into them so often and not have a really good response for them with the type of decks I play. I know I need to diversify what I play, as well as just get better in general so the old " If you can't beat em join em" thing feels tempting.

Xanathus

The fact that Jinyu has overload is just screaming that they want you to play this in a control shaman deck with Lava Shock. I'm curious to see if Control Shaman could become tier 1 after this expansion especially if other decks like Renolock or Dragon Priest become more popular and tech their decks to counter Mid Shaman.

zoukka

This is where it's very iffy for Druid at the moment in my opinion.

They only have one card left to reveal and it seems like there's a bit of a gap in terms of generating Golems in the early game. There's Jade Blossom but after that, not much else unless you want want to burn your Jade Idols. The deck is probably going to be forced into running Jade Spirit and I'm not particularly sold on that card. Even more so when you'd want to ramp past the 4 mana slot with Jade Blossom.

All jade decks are forced to run some of the less powerful jade cards to be consistent.

Xanathus

I wonder if they'll also have cards that synergize by having Jade Golems on board, or having summoned X number of Jade Golems in the game. If not then I feel the mechanic would still be somewhat underpowered, like imagine the C'thun mechanic without Veklor.

danowat

Banned
I am about to craft my first legendary, out of Ragnaros the firelord and archmage antonidas, what is likely to be the best bang for buck for a mage deck?

Ikkarus

I am about to craft my first legendary, out of Ragnaros the firelord and archmage antonidas, what is likely to be the best bang for buck for a mage deck?
Rag. He's much more versatile in my opinion.

Antonidas is really good but most Mage decks would opt for Rag over him.

V-Faction

Jinyu artwork for the Shaman. Of course, of course!

That is nice because Shaman were going to lose a significant piece of their kit when Healing Wave rotated out. Hallazeal can still heal your hero for a huge chunk, but things like Ancestral Healing would be a little awkward to act as a replacement. Now, Jinyu + Hozen Healer can make up a large gap in healing.

It plays very nice with Unbound Elemental (which you buff AND heal as the same time), Thing From Below (full heal), Earth Elemental, Bog Creeper, and Soggoth (Battlecry healing, which HW couldn't touch). So pretty much Control Shaman.

I suspect Shaman's next minion will be Jade Golem related. 50/50 seems to be the trend.

AND ANOTHER 4-MANA CARD. Shammies are the kings of four!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Like for real, Paladin has heal for days, Shaman gets more heal, Warrior has Armor... what about Rogue? :(
I dont care about Hunter

ZealousD

Healing isn't thematic for Rogue, and each class should have some sort of weakness.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is that really Lifecoach's wife playing in Dreamhack right now?
edit: it is

Dang, wifecoach

Healing isn't thematic for Rogue, and each class should have some sort of weakness.
Agreed ... but:
- Rogue has no good weapons
- It's one good weapon based card got nerfed to oblivion
- You get damaged by using your hero power

So right now there's no reason to use Weapons which are one of Rogues themes.

Szadek

Well, they could give rogues a card that steals healing items or whatever, and rogues have enough weaknesses right now ( no aoe, no healing, no good weapons,etc).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The unfortunate thing with Rogue is that they already have no actual board clears which is already a large weakness, no healing on top just means a control variant is doomed to fail. When you mix that with Hunter having a history of either being dominant or atleast pretty good...rip.

ZealousD

I am perfectly fine with the idea that not every class should have a viable archetype for aggro, midrange, and control. You never intended to play the long game with Rogue in WoW. They snuck up behind you, burst the hell out of you, killed you, and got out. That doesn't mean that Face Rogue should necessarily be a thing but Tempo/Combo represents that well and Control does not.

Rogue does need better weapons. I certainly won't dispute that. Give them a straight up 2 mana 2/3 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom