• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Why does every class have to have all the same tools? If blizzard wanted rogue to have board clears and heals they'd print those cards.

If you can't play rogue without those tools, guess what, there are 8 other classes. Choose one with a play style you like.

Tacitus_

I am pretty sure Rogue has a healing ability in WoW and I don't even play Warcraft.

Leech poison (talent) + a short HoT on a long-ish cooldown. Enough to keep you going vs regular mobs but that's about it. Only slightly more than hunters and I don't see people clamouring for them to have a healing card.

I guess never rolling spell damage once in the shaman mirror was the price for that. Got him to 5 then had to watch him rip spell damage into aoe into more spell damage into aoe. Never got to attack again.

Been playing some Reno C'Thun Mage recently, and it's quite fun. It's a pretty hit-or-miss deck but I'm enjoying it which makes a change. Usually I'm pretty screwed if I don't draw Reno/Ice Block but C'Thun helps to either buy me some time or win outright.

As an aside, I played a Cabalist's Tome my last game and got another Tome, and when I cast that Tome I got another two Tomes. Dat "I heard you liked Tomes..." value.

Pooya

the problem with rogue in HS is that nothing strong is in their identity.

minions with good stats, nope? can't have that. No taunts either.

AoE? not anymore.

healing? nope.

So well, you know, rogue is DPS class, give more burst at least? No way.

here have some janky gimmicky random ideas that will never work instead like 9 mana minions that will never make sense or thistle tea lol. So what you have left is that people playing the same old stuff that is designed to hopefully close the game by turn 10 at most. I'm not seeing Jade rogue being good so far, it has the same problem as N'Zoth rogue, it seems strong but it's so slow at actually closing the game that you can get smorced by control decks even and lose if they know what they're doing.

Hunter doesn't need healing because hunter is the aggressor in 95 percent of its games, you don't lose because of health, you lose because you run out of damage or cards. Even hunter has more AoE defensive options than rogue and hunter has aggressive taunts in houndmaster.

While rogues don't heal like paladins, they have ways to mitigate and evade damage. Maybe translate some of those into this game rather than junk that make no sense thematically in the class.

JesseZao

Rogue needs to take the combo mechanic farther to mimic WoW. Maybe accumulate a combo point resource or have "double combo" cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The combo mechanic is pretty strong. Rogues should give very efficient results when they play multiple cards in a single turn. Backstab, Prep, Sap, Eviscerate, SI:7 Agent. These should be the sorts of cards that define their identity. Problem is that Blizzard has always struggled to balance these sorts of cards.

wiibomb

So no news on Amazon coin deals or something on HS?

there is right now a deal for any account made before Nov 7th that haven't made any purchase on the appstore where you can buy 5000 ($50) in amazon coins for $25 which is fairy better than even the preorder.

The preorders of full expansions (not adventures) haven't been never on the client itself, they are rather on the blizzard website, so you can't buy those with amazon coins

I think there was also a coin back deal, but I'm completely sure on that one

AoE? not anymore.

healing? nope.

here have some janky gimmicky random ideas that will never work instead like 9 mana minions that will never make sense or thistle tea lol. So what you have left is that people playing the same old stuff that is designed to hopefully close the game by turn 10 at most. I'm not seeing Jade rogue being good so far, it has the same problem as N'Zoth rogue, it seems strong but it's so slow at actually closing the game that you can get smorced by control decks even and lose if they know what they're doing.

Hunter doesn't need healing because hunter is the aggressor in 95 percent of its games, you don't lose because of health, you lose because you run out of damage or cards. Even hunter has more AoE defensive options than rogue and hunter has aggressive taunts in houndmaster.

While rogues don't heal like paladins, they have ways to mitigate and evade damage. Maybe translate some of those into this game rather than junk that make no sense thematically in the class.

Rogue needs to take the combo mechanic farther to mimic WoW. Maybe accumulate a combo point resource or have "double combo" cards.
I think Blizzard had an amazing idea with Rogues when the game first launched. The Combo mechanic is interesting, fun, and provides a unique playstyle. Then, at some point, Blizzard decided that Rogue wasn't going to get many tempo cards anymore, it was going to get stuff like "stealing" even though Priests already had that (and WHY?).

As someone who liked playing Rogue a lot, I would love to see an expansion of the Combo mechanic. In World of Warcraft, you build Combo points until you unleash a Finisher. Adding Finisher cards that get boosted every time you activate Combo would be pretty interesting. Imagine a card that does 2 damage for 4 mana, but it gets +2 damage every time you activate a Combo. That would be an entire archetype in itself.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I get that not every class needs a control, aggro, midrange, etc. variant but I guess to me Rogue just feels way less flexible than any other class. I don't think it helps that it seems to be the main class without much of an identity at all.

Their main mechanic, combo, has been mostly ignored in expansions. I think the last 2 they got have been Bladed Cultist in old gods, and Shadowpan/Undercity Valiant in TGT. They've randomly messed with Mech Rogue, sorta tried Pirate Rogue, given cards that seem like Control/Value cards (Anubarak, Gallywix, Thistle Tea), tried to push Deathrattles, and now finally seem to have settled on 'burgle' which is a weird off shoot of many things Priest already does.

I think Counterfeit Coin is actually the first time they've directly acknoweledged and given Miracle something. Maaaaybe Pillager as well but he also fit the deathrattle theme.

AoE? not anymore.

healing? nope.

Agreed with this. You can have damage mitigation that still hits thematically without outright being stats that heal you. Animated Armor will forever confuse me as that card seems designed for Rogue and was given to Mage.

Shinypogs

It takes me longer to complete the combo meal quest then the 30 class cards quest most of the time due to how few there are. One the other hand this weeks tavern brawl let me play headcrack every turn and I have no idea why I never see that card. It's like a more annoying explorers hat in terms of not going away.

Also since I wasn't around for GvG how was sabotage? It looks super good and useful but I'm both bad at the game and don't play rogue so I can't evaluate.

~
Reddit got me watching firebat's control warrior heroic tavern brawl run. He actually makes warrior look fun and I must say watching him come back at one point from 10 health and no armour vs a 30 life opponent was equal parts awe inspiring and infuriating.

Sabotage was okay. It was good in some match ups but weaker in more. If dr. boom wasn't so popular, and if a few less deathrattles were ran, sabotage would have been much more popular.

bjaelke

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...e-stream-mean-streets-of-gadgetzan-11-24-2016

Join Senior Designer Matt Place and Hearthstone big-league caster Dan “Frodan” Chou on November 28 at 10 a.m. PST for some family-versus-family Hearthstone matches against members of the design team. Tune in as the three crime families battle it out for control of Gadgetzan — you’re sure to see plenty of smuggled weapons, potent potions, and jade golems . . . as well as a number of new cards from Mean Streets of Gadgetzan!

Pooya

Nov 28. that's soon. Please release next week. I'm thinking they're patching it next Tuesday.

They used to do these on Fridays before, that Dec 1-2 release seems probable.

ZealousD

Nov 28. that's soon. Please release next week. I'm thinking they're patching it next Tuesday.

They used to do these on Fridays before, that Dec 1-2 release seems probable.

I think they want to do this closer to the beginning of the week so that their engineers can monitor the servers. Probably December 6.

Also Dahbomb and I need a couple days to do our streams once they do the final dump, lol.

gutshot

Agreed with this. You can have damage mitigation that still hits thematically without outright being stats that heal you. Animated Armor will forever confuse me as that card seems designed for Rogue and was given to Mage.

Ironically enough, Animated Armor was originally going to be neutral but they realized the interaction with the pre-nerf Master of Disguise would be potentially game breaking.

bjaelke

g7cV1W7.png

Battlecry: Summon a Jade Golem. Give it Taunt.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In general I think you would play almost all the Jade Golem cards you could in a Jade Golem deck, especially for classes that aren't Rogue.

The whole payoff comes when the cards are summoning huge minions, and you can't get there without a lot of cards.

Peléo

I thought this card was a legendary, not sure why, maybe the artwork or stat line.

Hard to judge the Jade Lotus cards, but this probably has decent value after the 4th Golem.

I think it will be played.

Seems okay... 5/5 is worth 4.5. So to meet 7 mana worth of value you need at least a 3/3. 2/2 with taunt is like a bad war golem.

This should be met most of the time. I think it's one of the more underwhelming jade golem cards.

f0lken

I think that card is good, at 7 cost you should be at least summoning a 4/4 which would be just above ok, from a 5/5 onwards is pretty good to great

zoukka

If you get a 5/5 it's a worse Veklor (though Veklor is crazy good). Late in the game you want a big ass for taunt minions, a 4-5 butt might not save you.

But this speculation is hard because we still can't estimate how many golems you get on average.

Tacitus_

Man this brawl hates me. First I Moonglade Portal myself -> Get Anima Golem which kills itself the next turn. Then I try to go SW:D -> Shadowflame to clear his board and what do I get? Alarm-o-Bot.

If you get a 5/5 it's a worse Veklor (though Veklor is crazy good). Late in the game you want a big ass for taunt minions, a 4-5 butt might not save you.

But this speculation is hard because we still can't estimate how many golems you get on average.

I think veklor is a bit overrated. But yeah I think at 5/5 it's about as good as veklor. Which is still pretty good. But dies to dragonfire potion, so perhaps a lot worse in the potential upcoming meta.

Pooya

If it had taunt itself it would be pretty good but for 7 mana seems like it can be often low impact to be playable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Reynad beat RDU 3 - 2 after goin' 0 - 2 down.

Praise the noodle

ZealousD

I don't think you're gonna cut DotC or Stranglethorn Tiger for this, and six 5-drops in a Beast Druid deck seems awfully clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom