• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue was hardly the worst class after tgt. Had good match up against both patron warrior and secret paladin. Both Blizcon 2015 winner ostkaka and the runner up hotform brought rogue.

Pooya

If you want to go that way, rogue has been getting worse than purified every set forever.

In Karazhan, priest got 2 really good cards and one bad card, but everyone remembers that one bad card.

Rogue has been getting like maybe 1 or 2 good cards per set and a lot of bad cards. The class is a graveyard of failed ideas.

jgminto

I think the main problem is that Blizzard is too scared to experiment with Rogue but if they aren't prepared to push into potentially busted areas, Rogue is so rarely going to get anything worth a damn.

fertygo

I dont believe Rogue gonna be dead at all after rotation that silly.. their OP classic core set always gonna carry them.. and blizz always made sure Rogue had just "enough" like when they give rogue Pillager.. would expect they get redesigned cutpurse that give coin when deal damage or someshit when pillager rotate.

Szadek

I think the main problem is that Blizzard is too scared to experiment with Rogue but if they aren't prepared to push into potentially busted areas, Rogue is so rarely going to get anything worth a damn.
Well, they do experiment, but they never go all the way, which leaves the class with so many unfinished decks( Mech, raptor, burgle,...).

I dont believe Rogue gonna be dead at all after rotation that silly.. their OP classic core set always gonna carry them.. and blizz always made sure Rogue had just "enough" like when they give rogue Pillager.. would expect they get redesigned cutpurse that give coin when deal damage or someshit when pillager rotate.

Miracle Rogue will continue but the Malygos Rogue variant would need a sorcerer's apprentice type effect at least.

The rogue card and that weapon ooze seem to be foreshadowing a set of changes to the core set that could see the brewmaster effects changed and the swamp ooze nerfed. It might be a way to limit which classes can bounce cards, which they might be concerned about with their combo potential. So if it is limited to rogue then it is fine.

Why? You already have prep and emperor.

And Malygos is played with auctioneers, that's the current "miracle".

Uh Emperor will rotate, that's the point, you need the single tick to go off unless you're miraculously able to save bot preps. The questing miracle rogue doesn't need emperor hence miracle will continue, the malygos rogue miracle variant will need a replacement.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So why would you play that Rogue card instead of Brewmaster?
The extra 1 HP doesnt make it up for the combo requirement.
Maybe there's a Brann like "Your combos execute twice" kind of card?

Once y'all see the weapon they had to delete Blade Flurry for you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
:(

Szadek

Brann for combo doesn't make much sense right,unless the rewrite some of the effects.
Rogues would also need more good combo card in order to make the card worth playing.

Once y'all see the weapon they had to delete Blade Flurry for you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
Deadly fork too strong.

V-Faction

Uhh, hmm. Ferryman suggests a Jade Golem 'Bounceback' theme for Rogue. But with Shadowcaster, Shadowstep, and Youthful, did it need this as another piece? Guess we'll have to see what Battlecry minion they'll get to warrant such a similar card. Perhaps on top of Jade Wanderer / Gang Up, this will give you a solid Jade Golem frame to work within.

patchday

well its still a ways off til old stuff rotates out so we'll see what state Malygos rogue would be in. But there is always conceal still. just have to pray they dont run something like devolve or a removal spell that doesnt need to be targeted

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I thought Wifecoach is just an random player with dank meme nick, its actually Lifecoach wife playing HS

wtf
Yes, Lifecoach's wife is Wifecoach.
Kinda makes sense if you think about it.

She's legit good too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That rogue card is confusingly terrible.

I could kind of see if it could also sap opponents minions. Or if it just copied the minion.

But it has no practical use.

Fersis

That rogue card is confusingly terrible.

I could kind of see if it could also sap opponents minions. Or if it just copied the minion.

But it has no practical use.
It's a filler card.
Kinda annoyin' since Rogue needs some cards. But oh well, its time for D R U I D S T O N E

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's a class card that is worse than a neutral card. You only include a brewmaster for shenanigans. Having to activate it makes your shenanigans harder.

Even as a filler it's confusingly terrible.

It should have been Battlecry: return a minion to your hand. Combo: return a copy of a minion to your hand. Or Combo: return an enemy minion to their hand.

bjaelke

New neutral card revealed.

eg3K9Ss.png

4 mana 3/3 neutral
"gain +1 / +1 whenever your opponent draws a card"

Levi

Banned
The worst part about that is that midrange shaman (and dragon warrior) is really the only deck that beats it. If that deck gets popular again this truly is the worst of metas.

We're probably a week and a half out from a big meta-shake up, so I'm not too worried.

I've just been coasting this season, grinding Warlock wins. I'm 22 away from golden Warlock, and my next class I'll be working on is probably Mage (150 wins to go), so I'm probably gonna craft Inkmaster and Kazakus if I don't pull them in the 100 or so packs I'll be opening.

Shinypogs

Snipe catching out gadgetzan auctioneer makes me so damn happy, second only to catching out a flame waker . On one hand secret hunter is not taking me to rank 15 for the first time since I started playing it but on the other hand I feel like I'm slowly getting better with it. Knowing which turn to play certain secrets on vs which classes/ deck types makes big difference. That and knowing when to not vomit every secret you have just because cloaked huntress makes em free.

Is it worth it to craft a flare to deal with all the stealth I run into and in the secret mirror match. Also considering crafting rag since he seems to be a legendary that's viable in a lot of decks.

Dahbomb

I am going to assume that when you play this card, it becomes a 4/4 on the opponent's turn because they draw a card on their turn.

If that's the case then the card is alright but still would not see consistent play. It's a tech card against heavy draw decks but those are not that common because most of those decks tend to be combo decks.

If this does not apply then the card sucks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Daring Reporter is basically guaranteed to be a 4/4 on your opponent's next turn. If you play Coldlight Oracle immediately after it becomes a 6/6. And of course you can do some bounce nonsense with the oracle and make it a huge threat. You can grow her pretty fast that way, although I don't know if that's really needed in mill rogue.

I think the interaction with removal spells that draw would be pretty funny. If she's a 5/5 and you play starfire against her, she lives.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Might be worth an include in the Mill archetypes. Seems ok. Not amazing, but ok as long as it becomes the 4/4 as soon as you end the turn.

Levi

Banned
Intrepid Reporter would have been a much better name for this card.

in·trep·id
inˈtrepəd/
adjective
fearless; adventurous (often used for rhetorical or humorous effect).
"our intrepid reporter"

Hopefully this is just someone running the original text through a machine translator and not the actual finally card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Intrepid Reporter would have been a much better name for this card.

Hopefully this is just someone running the original text through a machine translator and not the actual finally card.

The original site that revealed the card confirm that it's "Daring".

"Daring" and "Intrepid" are synonyms in this case. I've heard both used to describe reporters.

Kettch

Might be interesting in some kind of wild tempo mill deck, with dancing swords and clockwork giants.

Doubt it'll see play in standard though. Most of the time it would just give your opponent something to use their removal on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom