• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

err guys, the thread said not accussing those streamer viewbotting, but that guy viewbot many streamer without permission anyway for mask his service

Forsen's stream is a hellhole tho

Xanathus

I think I'd actually replace Fire Elemental with White Eyes in my Midrange Shaman deck to counter Control Warriors and other control decks. It also boosts the power of Barnes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can Firelands portal summon the 5 mana 10/10? That might deliver enough salt to put Kripp into cardiac arrest.

No, but it could give you the 5/5 which death rattles the 10/10 in your deck which is already a really good outcome.

Szadek

Speaking of the 5 mana dragon priest card,I think it it's so good ,it might get played in control priest as well.
Of course they would have to play a few more dragons than usual, but that's not all that hard.
When playing against control they have all the time in the world anime to set up the card properly anyway.

cHinzo

I think the first deck I really want to try out is a midrange paladin list.

I just have to figure out exactly how many 1 drops I want to run. It kinda depends on how powerful the ramp potential is there.

This is what I have so far:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...41:2;49662:2;49667:1;49677:2;49683:1;49712:2;

You might laugh at fight promoter but fight promoter's text doesn't require the 6th health minion to be "another" or "other friendly". I think if fight promoter gets buffed to 6/6, he draws cards when you play it since it'll trigger off itself.

The number of 1 drops is the most up in the air. You want to draw some early and you still want to get 3 off small time recruits, both times preferably. If fight promoter works out really, maybe even cut 1 small time recruits and cut the 1 drops in half. The main win condition I want to focus on is dopplegangster.

I just really gotta play with the deck type some to really get a feel of how strong buffing 1 drops are.

Would be cool if Fight Promoter could proc off itself when being buffed in hand. Would increase the chance to actually get the battlecry off considerably. Whatcha think about running Mistress of Mixtures? Used to run Zombie Chow in my Midrange Pally deck in Wild, but the Mistress looks great against aggro and has an extra upside of healing urself too.

Also, whatcha think about running Brann? U got a lot of battlecries in that deck.

I'm still waiting for neutrals to theorycraft and even then theorycrafting control is pointless since you have to tune it to the meta. I'm currently looking at 2 mistress of mixtures, Wickerflame and 1 dirty rat to add to the deck.

Szadek

Barnes isn't very good in midrange shaman.
The best barnes targets are deathrattle and end of turn effects, shaman was very little of either.
Eveything else is usually too slow.

Barnes isn't very good in midrange shaman.
The best barnes targets are deathrattle and end of turn effects, shaman was very little of either.
Everything else is usually too slow.
all of these are good or great hits.
  • tunnel trogg
  • thalnos
  • flametongue
  • mana tide
  • azure drake
  • TBV
  • Ragnaros
that leaves Harrison if you tech it, TfB which is a 1/1 taunt and totem golem which is essentially a searing totem.
I was surprised at first as well but Midrange Shaman is the best Barnes deck.

Szadek

all of these are good or great hits.
  • tunnel trogg
  • thalnos
  • flametongue
  • mana tide
  • azure drake
  • TBV
  • Ragnaros
that leaves Harrison if you tech it, TfB which is a 1/1 taunt and totem golem which is essentially a searing totem.
Even isn't as good as he mgith look on paper.
I was surprised at first as well but Midrange Shaman is the best Barnes deck.
Trogg and drake aren't that great, TBV only if you have enough mana left,but often you want to play Barnes on curve.

Also, Barnes is much better in hunter since the only bad target is houndmaster and they have crazy high rolls like Highmane and Huntress.

Coined out a tomb pillager turn 3 and didn't get to attack with it until turn 8 because of freezing trap, won with 1 HP. Feels good but fuck freezing trap
Trogg and drake aren't that great, TBV only if you have enough mana left,but often you want to play Barnes on curve.

Also, Barnes is much better in hunter since the only bad target is houndmaster and they have crazy high rolls like Highmane and Huntress.

that's why I said good to great. Trogg is about equal to hitting secret keeper, Drake is spell damage which is almost always relevant for shaman. You often want Barnes on curve but when you do you don't expect a high roll.
Secret Hunter is probably still better though, forgot they play so few minions but does secret hunter even play houndmaster? In a houndmaster hunter there's a bunch of bad rolls additionally

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can't seem to break the level 9 Wild barrier. Too many random freeze mage matchups. I can win if I can get the jump on them, but it's hard if they get doomslayer off.

Barnes is not optimal for shaman BUT even a sub-optimal Barnes is OP so you can play him.

aside from Secret hunter I have a hard time imagining a more optimal build than mid shaman for Barnes. Even the Ysharj druids at Dreamhack included a bunch of complete whiffs if pulled. I removed 4 minions from Malygos rogue theorycrafting MalyRogue and there's still Azure Drakes to hit.

Barnes only ever hits Houndmaster tho

It's never hit anything else ever

when I tried barnes in paladin I always got Aldor Peacekeeper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Monthly reminder that secret paladin (wild) is the most insane shit even today.

dailyerpkq.png

Levi

Banned
Are you making fun of Levi or is this a meme and I've missed the memo?

When people from this thread are following me around on Twitch chat telling me to kill myself, the rest of you are gonna have to step up your cyber-bullying game if you want to get a reaction out of me here on GAF.

Shit had probably my best match against control warrior yet just now. I was playing control warrior and I added a single redemption to it and replaced ivory knight with enter the colosseum and both ended up very relevant. I even had both forbidden healing in hand and still had NZoth when he died to fatigue.
I've never played CW but I still know the deck in and out so I waited and played around everything. Didn't play my Tirion until I wore down his armor to the point he couldn't sylvanas and shieldslam it in a single turn also played redemption and he completely played into it. He Harrison'd my 3 durability ashbringer which put him way ahead in fatigue and from there all I had to was wait it out till he either brawled or played his monkey.

I'm playing 2 truesilvers and a Rallying Blade and was thinking about adding a violet illusionist.

Would be cool if Fight Promoter could proc off itself when being buffed in hand. Would increase the chance to actually get the battlecry off considerably. Whatcha think about running Mistress of Mixtures? Used to run Zombie Chow in my Midrange Pally deck in Wild, but the Mistress looks great against aggro and has an extra upside of healing urself too.

Also, whatcha think about running Brann? U got a lot of battlecries in that deck.

Brann is definitely a card I may run.

Mistress of mixtures too. Depends on how many 1 drops I want to run really and how much card draw. Might run it over the 0/2 eggs since they're good to go right away.

Monthly reminder that secret paladin (wild) is the most insane shit even today.

dailyerpkq.png

Agreed. But my c'thun rogue is actually 10-0 this season in wild :p

I think I got lucky and dodged all secret paladins.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You guys think the Scheduled Maintenance Tuesday means anything? Blizard could just release the expansion like Thusay.

You guys think the Scheduled Maintenance Tuesday means anything? Blizard could just release the expansion like Thusay.

I remember saying that maybe the expansion comes out the end of November based on how fast they were doing reveals plus the fact that voting was ending this week. And they're doing the reveal tomorrow. Well, it could be this week.

Pooya

The patch is coming this week for sure, it might not unlock this week but why wait. Start the new season with the new set, seems perfect.

The brawl last week was the last new brawl in the current client too, I think it's time.

Finalow

White Eyes seems really good, could definitely be played in the current midrange Shaman lists.
if the meta stops being 80% Shamans (which seems likely) then you can cut Harrison for it, otherwise I'd say Fire Elemental, or, if you're running double Feral or Mana Tide then cut one of those, although some lists already run only one of each. it's another great target for Barnes too.

Pooya

So if counterfeit coin worked like headcrack, if you combo the coin, it comes back to your hand at the end of your turn, is there any broken interaction here?

they could make the card less uninspired than it is and give it more value than a half a innervate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom