• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'd like to point out, each class having 9 cards hasn't been confirmed. Blizard keeps going more into the direction of prioritizing class cards over neutrals, we could still end up with 10 per class.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty crazy to put AoE on a neutral like that. Plenty of opportunities for 2 card combos to enable AoE in classes that are limited from AoE for a reason. Don't know which 2 card combos are good enough, but certainly something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Prepare for the Mark of Nature meta.

Screw Mark of Nature, its all about the Blessing of Might. Turn 4, a 4/1 that does 4 damage to all enemies when it dies.

Then you got your Cold Blood. It's like the Paladin version, except now you have a turn 4 5/1 that does 5 damage to all enemies when it dies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
sally + might + the 6 mana creeper that eats her. 10 mana flamestrike

Sadly it will leave Sally unbuffed when she comes out. But maybe you could just buff her up a second time.

Blizard really trying to push a lot of board control options, lets see how this all pans out.

jgminto

I'm not sure Sally will even see play in decks that can't instantly trigger her effect, delayed AoE effects are a lot worse than regular ones and she doesn't have the taunt forcing potentially awkward trades like Chillmaw.

Unstable ghoul was 1 mana less but this one is asymmetric soo... probably better than unstable ghoul. And probably much much better than chillmaw.

It's going into my paladin deck 100%.

edit:
Updated list
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...62:2;49667:1;49677:2;49683:1;49712:2;49728:1;

The card will force awkward trades and sometimes just outright win games imo. It's also a card that is good to hold onto and buff up longer than others, for the highest impact.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm not sure Sally will even see play in decks that can't instantly trigger her effect, delayed AoE effects are a lot worse than regular ones and she doesn't have the taunt forcing potentially awkward trades like Chillmaw.

Yeah, instant triggers can be important, especially since this doesn't have taunt to direct trades.

Power Overwhelming is amazing with this but on her own I dunno if that makes it into a renolock since it needs that combo and is otherwise pretty dead. But the swing that can cause while developing something like Emperor late in the game is huge, her effect only hitting enemies is amazing for that.

I actually think a lot of these neutrals are helping Grimy Goons a lot. Assuming Fight Promoter procs off of itself(it reads as if it would), this is another possible contender to the hand buffing stuff. Too hard to ignore this if it's a bigger body with a ridiculously strong deathrattle.

I feel like i'm going to hit 6000 coins if Gadgetzan comes out early Dec - maybe higher if it is later in the month. I started saving right after Karazhan and only missed a few quest along the way.

I am happy with my savings. Somewhere between 60-65 free packs at expansion launch will be great.

Hopefully more that 1 Legandary please Blizzard.

Cat Party

That or the hand buffing decks we're sure to see.

jgminto

That or the hand buffing decks we're sure to see.
While it will likely be decent in handbuff decks, it's still an aoe that allows the opponent to set up a favourable board position and also doesn't stop a board full of low health minions from cashing in that extra face damage like Explosive Trap does. If it can regularly reach 4 or higher, it might still be strong enough even if the clear itself doesn't get massive value but that's going to be the challenge of the entire Grimy Goons theme.

Szadek

Sally really isn't that good. If you can't buff her, she is way worse than Twilight Flamecaller, which already isn't a great card.
Your oppnent will not give enough time to buff it either if at all possible and buffing a minion that can't attack at the same turn isn't very effective.
Not to mention that most buff card only work until the end of the turn.
The combo with Power Overwhelming sounds great, but it doesn't work well in reno and I'm not sure if zoo cares that much about an aoe combo.
You want to buff her in the same turn you play her,which means you can't go face with her.

She could work well with goons, they have yet to prove themself.
Sally is a big deal, it's basically a neutral aoe spell.
Not really, she is harldy the first neutral minion with aoe effect.

Pooya

I don't think any deck would want that card. Sure, it's good with PO, but why play that when you can play shadowflame and it's far more flexible.

This ONLY works with PO pretty much, shadowflame works with any minion, big difference.

It's bad in every other class that could use it. No warrior deck that would want 3 dmg aoe wants to play inner rage, patron is rip and definitely not coming with this many aoe in the game. Rogue? please...

Paladin I think is probably the most realistic use of it, because consec is too slow and you have nothing better and even here it's iffy. It's not that good.

zoukka

Not really, she is harldy the first neutral minion with aoe effect.

Against only the enemy board and more than 1 damage (potentially)?

But I agree, it's hard to evaluate whether she's playable, since cards that need activators tend to be bad.

zoukka

Wickerflame Burnbristle is gonna be super busted in wild. A 3rd minibot with taunt and lifelink, sign me up.

Rest of the GAF still on the fence if it's playable

NBtoaster

The card with the most similarities to Sally is Explosive Sheep. It was only run in mage, which doesn't have any way to buff attack (unless it gets Bloodfury Potion).

I think it has potential to be a key part of Goon decks. Imagine putting that down against shaman or zoo on turn 3 as a 2/2 or 3/3. It's enough to carry your early lost tempo.

edit: well on second though Paladin is the only class that can buff it before turn 3, though that does seem to be the most fleshed out goon class.

Ladekabel

I don't care about new cards I just want Flamewanker out of the meta. Same with Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem.

And my last few matches were Zoo, Tempo Mages or Shaman. Diversity!

Portugeezer

It is basically a Warlock legendary.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wickerflame Burnbristle is gonna be super busted in wild. A 3rd minibot with taunt and lifelink, sign me up.

He's not a 3rd minibot anymore than Silent Knight is like a 3rd minibot. 3 mana is a big difference. I wouldn't be so sure he's any better than Muster, Coghammer, or Aldor Peacekeeper.

It's bad in every other class that could use it. No warrior deck that would want 3 dmg aoe wants to play inner rage

Control Warriors have run Inner Rage and/or Cruel Taskmaster in the past as Grom activators.

He's not a 3rd minibot anymore than Silent Knight is like a 3rd minibot. 3 mana is a big difference. I wouldn't be so sure he's any better than Muster, Coghammer, or Aldor Peacekeeper.
That's not the card he'd replace except peacekeeper, don't run that card in wild.

He offers incremental heals and that's pretty important considering there's still a significant amount of hunters in wild.

I've run death lord in the past.

Szadek

Wickerflame Burnbristle looks pretty damn good to me, but I'm not 100% sure yet that he will find a deck.
He should be good in control,but I don't think that we will see many control paladins after the next expansion.

cHinzo

Wickerflame doesn't seem too strong for me. It's a good card though and able to stop some early game agression I guess. At least it's something playable early!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wickerflame doesn't seem too strong for me. It's a good card though and able to stop some early game agression I guess. At least it's something playable early!

I think a 3 mana 2/2 taunt with divine shield is already a little more playable than a fair card like Squirming Tentacle. Add a bit of healing and it's pretty good. I don't know if I would call it busted but it's solid enough.

patchday

So close to December. Looking forward to opening my 77 packs. Will try to logon tomorrow and clear out the Quest log cause I want to open at least 80 packs. There is a few legendaries I'd like to get

Blizzard is really has to nerf power overwhelming at this point.

no they do not

cHinzo

I think a 3 mana 2/2 taunt with divine shield is already a little more playable than a fair card like Squirming Tentacle. Add a bit of healing and it's pretty good. I don't know if I would call it busted but it's solid enough.
It seems too fair to be called busted. Something like a 0 mana 5/5 with taunt is what I would call busted. Gotta agree that it's a good card though. Although I would still prefer a Coghammer or Muster when going against aggro if it was available in standard.

FeD.nL

The most important thing Wickerflame has going for it is that it is a 3-drop for Paladin that doesn't require any specific conditions. And a solid one at that.

It seems too fair to be called busted. Something like a 0 mana 5/5 with taunt is what I would call busted. Gotta agree that it's a good card though. Although I would still prefer a Coghammer or Muster when going against aggro if it was available in standard.

In standard it won't do shit for paladin, buffadin won't need heals and control paladin does and will continue to suck regardless.
In wild I needed something more for early aggression and he fills that hole entirely. I'm not sure if you played MTG before but lifelink means you're gonna win the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom