• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stream date was announced last week. He's just trying to hype it. Can't wait for his reaction to Purify 2.0

t1480356000z4.png

Oh, I didn't know! Thank you for the countdown!

Levi

Banned
I'm not in love with any of the cards revealed so far, and yet I'm still feeling intense hype over the reveal stream an hour from now.

I also bought $120 in battlenet currency cards (did it that way for the credit card points) and I'm itching to open some packs.

Let's get this new meta started!

manhack

I'm not in love with any of the cards revealed so far, and yet I'm still feeling intense hype over the reveal stream an hour from now.

I also bought $120 in battlenet currency cards (did it that way for the credit card points) and I'm itching to open some packs.

Let's get this new meta started!

I think a lot of us are hoping that MSG brings a new and interesting meta. In my opinion, if Shaman was toned down a bit, then this meta wouldn't be all that bad.

Levi

Banned
I think a lot of us are hoping that MSG brings a new and interesting meta. In my opinion, if Shaman was toned down a bit, then this meta wouldn't be all that bad.

On the one hand, the strength of Shaman has slowed down the meta enough that Malygos-based decks are viable on the ladder. On the other hand, if your deck isn't good enough to beat Shaman, it isn't worth playing.

This is the meta I've had the best results in, as it is an advantage to not only know the match-up you're going to be facing most often, but to play against it so often that you get a strong feel for what they are going to play each turn. It's also the meta I've had the least fun in, as I spent the whole season playing decks I don't care for.

Looking forward to the meta shake-up if only for the fact that stuff like Reno Mage is probably going to be really strong at least until the meta starts settling down.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm a lot more up on this expansion than I was on Karazhan, Old Gods, or TGT. I think it's gonna turn out well.

manhack

I wanted to add:

I don't think Shaman needs to be nerfed, per se, although it wouldn't be bad for the game. I would rather that there were other classes and decks that could have a 60%+ match up vs. Mid-range Shaman so that it could be kept in check.

Part of my hope for MSG is for the power level of other classes vs. Shaman to be high enough that, if Shaman is still Tier 1, then you can counter it with a deck that is fun to play against the rest of the field. If we can get back to a metagame with 5 or 6 Tier 1 decks, then it should be more fun.

Some of my best time grinding the ladder was running a homebrew Dragon Paladin deck that did really well vs. everything but shaman. Unfortunately as Shaman became more powerful, my Dragon Paladin, became weaker because many of the things that counter shaman - board clears and weapon removal- are things that did really well vs. my deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Change spirit claws to+1 attack with spell power and thing from below to only reducing when in hand or from hero power and I think that keeps shaman strong but evens it out a bit more.

Of course then it means that aggro shaman would probably come back.

Measley

Really looking forward to Warlock's cards. Especially the new legendary, since both Mage and Priest were pretty good. Hope it's Reno style like the other two.

Warlock legendary will be something like:

If no copies,you take no damage from your hero power or cards. So no damage from things like imp or hellfire

georly

I'm guessing the warlock legendary is your cards no longer damage you.

Soooooo this?

Violet_Illusionist%2842060%29.png

Or more along the priest: "Reno immune your turn rest of the game" because if so that's freaking broken, especially with the potion and hellfire and the abyssal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Grimy Goons seem pretty good so far, but it's always hard to judge with these janky ass decks they play.

The Grimy Goons deck is midrange, which probably counters Reno Priest pretty hard, even if it is unoptimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom