• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

This card is pretty good. It makes captain greenskin look like trash.

636159317571419857.png

you can play doomhammer and curve into this, that's quite decent.

maybe pirate face shaman can be a thing lol. Pirate warrior is already pretty good and it's getting even better, pirates are going to be a thing.

--------------------------

I think meta will be slow reno control decks, face warrior and similar deck that aim to end the game before you have mana to play reno let alone draw it and mid shaman that's actually good against face decks. Shaman isn't going anywhere just because there are some more aoe in the game, the population will go down but the core package of the deck is so broken it's not going anywhere and you can tune the deck to beat those greedy decks too. That probably will be the triangle in the game imo, it should be much better than what we have now.

I don't see any room for Jade decks actually, sure they beat control decks but they lose to the other 2. Rogue as a class loses to those 2 too and it will be as relevant as it is now. Druid isn't bad against face decks, maybe there is potential there for Jade. Jade rogue is pretty much same deal as N'Zoth rogue right now, when you play against control warrior the deck feels godly but against anything else it's the worst. It's not getting any better. There so few Jade support cards that it's unlikely you can get it going very early.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel like Small Time Buccaneer is going to enable some aggressive Rogue strategies. The best Rogue cards in this set were neutrals, lol. Rogue could easily be in a better spot than Paladin.

Pooya

yeah, I can see that aggro rogue to be one of the better rogue decks in meta.

If you're going first the 1 drop is very good, flame imp pretty much, if you're going second, I'm not sure it's correct to keep it in rogue. depends.

In warrior, you can play first mate and coin it out to deny a free kill on it.

zoukka

Prepare for new shit meta enabled by Small time buccaneer. What a shitty dank card they printed.

And that Rogue legendary SMH. Because so many people played Shadopan rider right...

Pooya

They've mistress of mixtures in the same set to counter it. You will probably have to play that card, it seems to be positioned quite well.

I think there are enough stealth minions for a stealth rogue deck to be pieced together. It could be pretty non-interactive and non-interactive = powerful.

People joked about shadow rager, but what if later they rage about rager.

You probably run both jungle panther and shadow rager. Get that shadow sensei value on curve. Hit face. Coin conceal. Hit face twice again. Drop another stealth, conceal. Sap their taunt, hit face 3 times.

Shaku fits well too though, so maybe you run 1 shadow rager, 2 panthers, and shaku.

Zoggy

you know what would be good against giant x-x stat minions?

lightbomb.

that dragonfire potion aint shit if they're 7-7s and up

zoukka

Blizzard don't like uninteractive decks so stealth will never be powerful enough to be an archetype.

And shadow rager is complete trash, dies to maelstrom and arcane missiles and ghoul and just about anything really.

Pooya

I think there are enough stealth minions for a stealth rogue deck to be pieced together. It could be pretty non-interactive and non-interactive = powerful.

People joked about shadow rager, but what if later they rage about rager.

You probably run both jungle panther and shadow rager. Get that shadow sensei value on curve. Hit face. Coin conceal. Hit face twice again. Drop another stealth, conceal. Sap their taunt, hit face 3 times.

Shaku fits well too though, so maybe you run 1 shadow rager, 2 panthers, and shaku.

even there you just play silent knight not rager and risk getting rekt.

Stealth Rogue could be cool but, yeah, it has to be done in a way that doesn't check that non-interactive box which is hard to do with a mechanic like that.

I do really like Shaku though, but it feels like I'm in the minority on that.

Pooya

Thankfully we have a neutral minion that reveals all Stealth minions now.

It's hilarious how much Blizzard is scared of anything rogue and print all these silly cards. Where is our battlecry: destroy all totems at? nope, nothing.

They even have a 6 mana 5/7 silence a deathrattle just in case Aya Blackpaw is good in rogue That card is pretty decent btw. Deathrattle is one of the most likely things you want to silence.

Feel kinda bad. The game just matched me with a C'Thun Druid that was obviously new using stuff like Mark of the Wild, Ironbark Protector and Demolisher and I won with this.

Oh and, if you're wondering, I'm 31/50 on my play 50 Paladin cards quest lol.

Zoggy

so i got this quest to play 75 battlecry minions

just picked warlock and have 30 minions that are 1 and 2 mana and just said "eh i'll tap and spam 1 and 2 drops to finish the quest"

i'm 3-0

this is not even an optimized zoo deck ffs. just any minion with battlecry on it and i'm rolling.

manhack

Feel kinda bad. The game just matched me with a C'Thun Druid that was obviously new using stuff like Mark of the Wild, Ironbark Protector and Demolisher and I won with this.

Oh and, if you're wondering, I'm 31/50 on my play 50 Paladin cards quest lol.

Beating mid-range shamans and hunters with my murloc paladin quest deck.

FeelsGoodMan

vall03

I think I like a lot of Legendaries in Gadgetzan but they're not the auto-craft type of cards but they're good to have if you pull them from a pack. Only have 880 Gold right now so I'm thinking of trying out that Amazon coin stuff to buy packs. Also have 3200 dust and I have no idea what to craft yet. Most probably going to wait for the meta to settle before crafting anything lol.

manhack

I don't think anyone blames you for playing what is the cancer meta of Shamanstone. Thursday will be nice.

We are in the kind of meta where you get salty even if you are winning.

11-4 today just screwing around, but still annoyed at what people are playing.

cHinzo

So all the potions here.

Best: 2

Pretty good: 4

Rarely useful at best, depending on your class: 2

9 out of 10 times bad: 2

6/10 pretty good, 4/10 it's likely useless. Seems good enough, it's fair.
Most of them looks usable. Great card imo. So u can only get the potion of ur class?

Not gonna spend money on this expansion, hope the next one will give some better stuff, hopefully more dragons since BRM will cycle out. Planning to make a midrange kinda Dragon pally deck with some buffs and Scaled Nightmare + Grimstreet Protector as my late game drops. Prolly ditching Tirion to see how it goes, since that card is expansive as fck and gets hex'd/polymorph'd/sapped or whatever right away. Might as well play Lightlord instead for the instant value or just no 8+ drops.

Either that or an agressive Pally buff deck using some of the new neutral draw cards and the 3 mana draw 3 or divine favor.

jgminto

Kabal Chemist is probably good enough to see some play but those times where you roll Bloodfury Potion/Freezing Potion/Pint Size Potion or Polymorph Potion are going to be super frustrating.

zoukka

Kabal Chemist is probably good enough to see some play but those times where you roll Bloodfury Potion/Freezing Potion/Pint Size Potion or Polymorph Potion are going to be super frustrating.

They balance the card. If you would get powerful board wipes every time the card would be OP as shit.

jgminto

They balance the card. If you would get powerful board wipes every time the card would be OP as shit.
It still needs a certain level of consistency for it to take up a deckslot. I think it depends on how much of the card pool is actually relevant, since Renolock is desperate for AoE, single target removal and healing it will most likely get the best use of Chemist but Priest probably doesn't have much need for most of those areas with their new additions so I don't see it being worthwhile to run. Mage might run it in Reno but probably not outside that.

cHinzo

Had to do a play 50 Shaman cards quest. Is it the only class to just throw in 30 class cards into a deck and rack up the wins? 🤔

zoukka

It still needs a certain level of consistency for it to take up a deckslot. I think it depends on how much of the card pool is actually relevant, since Renolock is desperate for AoE, single target removal and healing it will most likely get the best use of Chemist but Priest probably doesn't have much need for most of those areas with their new additions so I don't see it being worthwhile to run. Mage might run it in Reno but probably not outside that.

Control decks love cards like that though. You can drop something while gaining value without thinning your deck. Mage doesn't have much to do on turn four so they might play this. Priest has too many good 4-drops already.

sibarraz

Banned
Is the silence minion from priest an autoinclude for the class? at least silence doesn't seem to be that important like it was pre-standard/on wild

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can't wait for Reynad card review.
Hopefully he has time to do it this week.

Szadek

You know blizzard want to push Priest when they make the first playble Silence card since the classic set.
Seriously, since then we only got Wailing Soul, Purify and Light's Champion.

Anyway, I think Jade Golem N'zoth Control shaman could be a thing,I came up with this.

jgminto

Is the silence minion from priest an autoinclude for the class? at least silence doesn't seem to be that important like it was pre-standard/on wild
I doubt it will see any play while Entomb is still in Standard, no reason to silence a powerful deathrattle when you can just take it for yourself. But even though they have a spell literally called Silence, Priest has always been one of the classes that utilised the effect the least. Even when Ironbeak Owl was a staple in almost every meta deck, I don't remember any silence effecting being common in Priest.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I was thinking which 'themes' Rogue has had since release:
- Weapons
- Pirates
- Deathrattles
- Stealing cards from the opponent class
- And now stealth

It's like they set up a theme but dont push it enough to make it good before moving onto another theme.

Peléo

I was thinking which 'themes' Rogue has had since release:
- Weapons
- Pirates
- Deathrattles
- Stealing cards from the opponent class
- And now stealth

It's like they set up a theme but dont push it enough to make it good before moving onto another theme.

Don't forget bouncing cards back to hand.

patchday

You know blizzard want to push Priest when they make the first playble Silence card since the classic set.
Seriously, since then we only got Wailing Soul, Purify and Light's Champion.

Anyway, I think Jade Golem N'zoth Control shaman could be a thing,I came up with this.

Hammer of Twilight? Interesting alteration to the jade zoth deck. I guess using that weapon for more minion presence on the board?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't even really know what I want to try with the expansion. The Goons on paper look like the most consistent and powerful midrange/aggro deck type, but also looks really boring. Maybe I'll play some Reno decks, or try to toss together a Pirate Deck. It sucks that so many key cards for those decks are Epics and Legendaries, I have dust and gold, but not infinite amounts of it.

Pooya

I have like 0 percent win rate against pirate warrior, they always have the nuts. To think this non sense is getting buffed on top. fun and interactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom