• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Probably the one I find most interesting so far.

apoth7luwx.png

I rated 1... I see it as a second fel reaver, borderline unplayable, the opponent might even take advantage and not throw anything just to make card advantage if necessary

squidyj

It's a 3 mana 5/5 if you want to play minions again just trade with it.

your turn 3/4 opponent isn't going to make it that easy. you have to be really confident on your aggressive game plan to drop this card IMO.
and even then you can't followup with multiple minions, you can't play a imp gang boss, you can't summon multiple dudes or you will lethal yourself

Peléo

Pantry Spider is surprisingly powerful in Evolve decks. Turn 4, Summon two random 4-cost minions. The bodies can also trade decently, especially if you run Flametongue Totem.

Otherwise, I am excited to play Evolve Shaman. Fire Elemental and Brann are also good fits. The archetype has anti-synergy with Overload though and I don't think Bloodlust works well with it. I would play Second-rate Bruiser , insted of Fel Orc Soulfiend.

jgminto

Unlicensed Apocathery is a powerful card, it reminds me of Fel Reaver where it's really powerful for its cost but could lose you the game if you don't use it right. I would say UA is better than Fel Reaver though. Being able to value trade stuff like Totem Golem which would otherwise two for one most Warlock early drops is a huge deal.

Also filling out that survey made me realise that Blizzard probably wants people to curve out the Rogue Legendary into the Stealth Buffer.

gutshot

Here is a spreadsheet with all the voting data. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qznrQld02E0R9VZeogCeY_kejaoGd3WCffy9ga_6kqU/edit?usp=sharing

First sheet is the raw values in a pretty unreadable format. I tried to make it a bit more readable in the second sheet*. Then the third sheet takes the average score of each card and ranks it from highest to lowest.

*I have to transfer the raw data over to this sheet by hand, so it may be missing some users from the first sheet until I can manually update it again.

With Fel Reaver your opponent dictates the pace and has access to much more powerful stuff already at 3 mana apothecary can come out as early as turn 2 with the coin but it doesn't have to, you can just run 1 of them with the intent of using her to trade with tfbs and such

Goldfishing you can tap and demonfire the next turn

Apothecary seems like a better defensive play than an offensive one. It's terrible in a face race, but if you're confident you'll only tap or play spells the next two turns it's not as bad. Still not sure that makes the cut in any deck except for some gimmicky Demon one. May as well play second-rate bruiser if you want to 2-1 an aggressive early game board which you also are probably not doing.

Levi

Banned
Ok, who gave Freezing Potion a 5?

I did. 0 mana spells are busted in Mage. It's a free Fireball with Archmage or extra missiles from Flamewaker, as well as being an Ice Lance or Shatter activator.

Data mining found us info on a free pack promotion for MSG:

Hearthpwn said:
New Quests
It looks like we're getting some free card packs! There are also a couple of quests which appear to be placeholders.

Join the Goons - Win 3 games as a Hunter, Paladin, or Warrior.
Rewards 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
Join the Jade Lotus - Win 3 games as a Druid, Rogue, or Shaman.
Join the Kabal - Win 3 games as a Mage, Priest, or Warlock.

There's also Flavor text and other datamined info at this link:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2070-hearthstone-patch-7-0-gadgetzan-card-flavor-text

wiibomb

I did. 0 mana spells are busted in Mage. It's a free Fireball with Archmage or extra missiles from Flamewaker, as well as being an Ice Lance or Shatter activator.

Data mining found us info on a free pack promotion for MSG:

I'm not entirely sure it is still good, it can also feed yogg, but I don't see the real impact it would have by itself to include it in a deck at the expense of any other useful card.

also, YES! free packs is just the last bit of good news I needed for this expansion.

EDIT:
Wise Beyond Your Years - Reach Legend 1,000,000 times. Rewards 1 Gold
A Job for Ya' - Destroy 100,000 minions. | Rewards 1 Gold

wat

vall03

The newly added deck recipes looks good on paper at least, but will definitely try out the Hunter deck. Wonder which one of these will get refined and be meta defining. From what I noticed, several popular decks from the release of Old Gods were based on the recipes which was continually improved by the community.

Raxus

I am not convinced that the Jade Golem deck is anything but anti-control and anti-Reno. I think both aggro AND midrange can race it down before it gets into the late game with Jade Golems.
I think it can be rushed down however druid has lots of tools to build to big jade golems and survive. Not to mention lots of soft Taunts most rushes cannot ignore.

Levi

Banned
also, YES! free packs is just the last bit of good news I needed for this expansion.

EDIT:

wat

Heathpwn is thinking those are place holders for future quests. Sounds like there are going to be new rewards in future for destroying x minions or reaching Legend x times. (Similar to the "win 500 games" or "get all classes to level 10" hidden quests we have now).

Curious if they'll be retroactive if so.

Levi

Banned
If there were free packs, we'd probably know by now.

The quests got patched into the game today. No reason to think they won't activate them on Thursday along with the release.

Everyone make sure you have a free quest slot open on Thursday so you can do these quests asap!

New Quests
It looks like we're getting some free card packs! There are also a couple of quests which appear to be placeholders.

Join the Goons - Win 3 games as a Hunter, Paladin, or Warrior.
Join the Jade Lotus - Win 3 games as a Druid, Rogue, or Shaman.
Join the Kabal - Win 3 games as a Mage, Priest, or Warlock.

Levi

Banned
I'm thinking they want it to be a nice surprise for people logging in to play with the new cards on day one.

Or marketing thought announcing free packs would hurt preorders or something.

gutshot

Posting our Hearthstone GAF Card Rating survey for the new page. We've got 19 responses so far. I'm sure we can get up over 30. Quote to reveal the link.

Since this is gadgetzan expansion, they should have buffed gadgetzan auctioneer back to 5 mana! lol

--

Twitter said they're doing maintenance

"We are performing an unscheduled maintenance between 4:30 PM PST and 6:00 PM PST which may affect logins. Apologies for the inconvenience!"

still missing Deathwing good luck

I broke bnet, 2-2 with it though lol

I lost to a tempo mage who got leeroy off of firelands portal. Later he got fire lance off babbling book to remove my big dragon (the 8 drop, can't remember the name, copies cards you draw). And then his ragnaros even sniped my face instead of hitting deathwing... RNG stone punishing fun decks.

patchday

I broke bnet, 2-2 with it though lol

I lost to a tempo mage who got leeroy off of firelands portal. Later he got fire lance off babbling book to remove my big dragon (the 8 drop, can't remember the name, copies cards you draw). And then his ragnaros even sniped my face instead of hitting deathwing... RNG stone punishing fun decks.

reminds me of the tragedy that befall Amnesiac (Will) during blizzcon when Pavel kept getting lucky like that. Saw a clip the other day where firelands portal screwed him again and he got up and stop playing screaming hes still got PTSD from Pavel.

Anyways thats in the past now but your story reminded me of that shocking comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom