• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peléo

Set rotations are always first expansion of each year.

So essentially in the Spring every year unless Blizzard changes the formula.

I wish they would change. I think it would be better if every new expansion would rotate the oldest expansion out. This way, every 4 months we would have a significant different meta, instead of only one big change in March and two smaller ones in the rest of the year. Also, the card pool number would stay more or less constant.

Daammn, just reworked the dragon rogue deck a little bit and had an amazing game https://hsreplay.net/replay/Q7BgTahb9b96ThBhQAXWHX

I cut the deathwing and other large dragon. I added a hungry dragon and 2 cold bloods cause I wanted to be more aggressive. Smashed a priest to bits.

I feel like shadowstep is criminally underused atm.

edit:
Just got a shadowstep off thistle tea. Saved my blacwing corruptor from an easy mortal coil removal, had it next turn to remove a brann and the mana reduction let me also play my twilight guardian. The second two shadowsteps were used to push for lethal with si7 agent... so fun.

edit2:
Ran into shaman... all fun depleted again.

patchday

@Protekt1, yeah Shamans are like fun police

nice value out of hungering Dragon. Great move to kill the sylvannas.

How did Edwin all of a sudden get to 12 Attk from 8??

Yeah Barnes with Shadowstep is pretty amazing if you get a good pull.

I dunno about that lol, but if used effectively it essentially generates 2 mana rather than costing 2 mana (gadgetzan ferry).

My original plan was to shadowstep novice to use with chrommagus later. It's a bit too greedy though.

Where shadowstep shines is when you get value out of the minion already. Sometimes that is a bit of a win more situation, like making a favorable trade, shadowstepping, then replaying later, but it's not all that unusual. Worst case scenario I use it on novice engineer and it's a 0 mana cantrip. But even then, it can also be saved to trigger combo for free, or build a huge van cleef same turn.

Classic miracle rogue used questing adventure, novice, shadowstep, novice, shadowstep, novice, van cleef (came with stealth so... lol).

edit:
Dragon rogue vs dragon hunter: https://hsreplay.net/replay/umdjSYHZSasBxP2yv7KBL3

netherspite historian, shadowstep, play again, cold blood on my corrupter which went face, play 10/10 van cleef. Dead 2 turns later. lol

This deck doesn't run out of resources it feels like... cause netherspite historian draw dragon engine lol! Even thistle tea gets so much resources to your hand, albeit a bit more expensive.

No. Set rotation will occur first expansion next year, probably around april/may.

Mobius, really curious as to what rogue decks you're planning to play this expansion. What do you think of Jade Rogue? I'm not sure how good it will be when Blizzard gave it just TWO Jade cards as opposed to the Three that Druid/Shaman got.

Also feel like Aggro Rogue will be good, but Aggro Warrior will be much better. Warrior just has better survivability, and better weapons too.

Pooya

I decided to play pirate warrior with Magni. Everyone mulligans wrong, it's hilarious. dead by turn 5.

The shock factor is a big deal, maybe when it becomes a regular meta deck it's less effective , it's too damn good right now. Actually I'm not sure if it even matters if they mulligan for you, what they can even do if your deck doesn't have like 6 one drops plus ooze.

Mobius, really curious as to what rogue decks you're planning to play this expansion. What do you think of Jade Rogue? I'm not sure how good it will be when Blizzard gave it just TWO Jade cards as opposed to the Three that Druid/Shaman got.

Also feel like Aggro Rogue will be good, but Aggro Warrior will be much better. Warrior just has better survivability, and better weapons too.

Really depends on what cards I open first lol...

But I am thinking jade golems first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to count, there are 7 different cards Rouge could play in standard, that bounce or copy minions back to your hand. Put in Gang up and Thistle Tea, and you could make some really dumb gimmick deck.

I decided to count, there are 7 different cards Rouge could play in standard, that bounce or copy minions back to your hand. Put in Gang up and Thistle Tea, and you could make some really dumb gimmick deck.

There aren't close to enough cards to support that style.

edit:
I think I play the closest you can get to that and I only run shadowstep and shadowcaster. The only other card I would run is brewmaster, but I think it's too expensive to pay 2 mana to bounce back a minion. I could be wrong about that, but I am fairly certain. The deck i am talking about is c'thun rogue.

Goddamn.... talk about babbling book rng... I managed to go off and play a 14/14 van cleef on turn 4. His babbling book got my polymorph boar though...

Later I am about to win the game but the babbling book the turn before got him a fireball and he top decked a fireball, after having already spent a fireball.

A little late but just saw the full set reveal.

I'm sad. I hope some cool archetypes I'm not seeing come out of this set.
Yeah, it kind of seems like they are out of ideas, or they are afraid of expanding the game out of "casual" territory.

That said, I am interested in a Stealth Rogue deck, though I would have preferred for it to be a Hunter archetype - it would be pretty sick to play a bunch of stealth minions and hide behind secrets until you unload.

Dahbomb

Stealth Rogue isn't going to be a thing this expansion at all.

I think Jade Crusher Shaman could be very good. There are a lot of tools in there now. Heals, AOEs, massive threats, removals.

Grimestreet Goons is actually a way higher skill cap deck type than Jade. Jade is kinda auto play but Grimestreet requires more playing and ordering. I hope a couple of Grimestreet decks are usable.

Hunter gonna Hunter, nothing special for it.

Mage might have a Secret Mage archetype and Reno Mage archetype. Both can flop or both can succeed. One is far more annoying than the other.

Reno Warlock is buffed a lot... but not in the ways that it matters. They kinda stopped with the Reno stuff and then went too hard on the Demon Renolock and it feels half baked right now. The Legendary suffers because of it. The Legendary might be legit in Wild though.

All Pirate decks are buffed a lot. Going to be more smorcing in general especially to beat the Jade decks.

I am hoping that there is some trifecta developed of Reno decks > Pirate decks > Jade decks > Reno decks. But history has shown that the Reno or Control decks will just get out paced by the aggro decks anyway and the aggro/tempo decks become the dominant type of decks.

I don't see Tempo Mage and Midrange Shaman going anywhere. I think Midrange Shaman might adjust to have more burst to beat the Jade decks before they get going.

There doesn't seem to be some insane Combo deck that might come out from this expansion but combo decks for me personally have been the hardest to predict. I didn't predict Anyfin Paladin or Grim Patron Warrior.

Overall this is a very solid expansion but not pushing the envelope. Jade Golems is the only real new mechanic here and maybe Grimestreet. I guess it's more than I expected but still they could have done some insane stuff. I do appreciate the numerous tech option cards and the far reduced RNG focus as well as increased AOE options for 3 classes. There are a lot of cards in this set that are high skill cap that may not appear to be so which is great.

Was thinking what a buff tempo Warrior would look like and it seems like it'll be tougher to pull off than I thought. I like Grimy Gadgeteer and Brass Knuckles (with Hobart) quite a bit but after that you're pretty much dropping off to Grimestreet Smuggler. Tough maybe that's all you need.

And looking at all these Taunt tools Blizzard has forced on Warrior, it's astounding that the archetype still looks like a mess.

fertygo

This just came down to me, why this card is so awful

HxatKic.png

4 mana hard removal is completely fair, why its must had that awful drawback, if they must made it with drawback, why its still cost 4 mana

why

Dahbomb

HxatKic.png

4 mana hard removal is completely fair, why its must had that awful drawback, if they must made it with drawback, why its still cost 4 mana

why
Because they want Warlocks to have weak single target removals to make up for their top tier AOEs.

Warlock has had only Siphon Soul as a single target removal for years.

fertygo

Because they want Warlocks to have weak single target removals to make up for their top tier AOEs.

Warlock has had only Siphon Soul as a single target removal for years.

:(

I doubt card is usable this way tho, I think with that drawback I want that card only cost 2

Dahbomb

Man that Demons of the Kabal deck recipe is so bad in Warlock... LMAO!

It's like some dank Midrange Demon deck that's worse than regular Zoo.

Triz

Had the 20 Taunt class today so I rolled a warrior with all taunt cards 2 war axes and Bolster. I won 7 games in a row with that deck. No one expects that many taunts.

Szadek

HxatKic.png

why
To be fair, once you are at 10 mana, it's not a drawback at all.

Pooya

that card is good enough to be played in renolock, the main weakness of the deck is lack of single target removal after BGH nerf, even with that draw back it's better than losing the game on the spot. It's still more useful than BGH, we don't have many BGH targets right now, it's just druid and giants that it's good against. Other decks have one Rag.

If you play it on curve it's bad, late game it doesn't have any draw back and you built a deck that can do that, you can use the siphon on lesser threats without feeling too bad that you have nothing left. It's not as bad as it seems

Rockk

:(

I doubt card is usable this way tho, I think with that drawback I want that card only cost 2

I don't think so. I think you put it in Reno Decks. It only sucks if you play it on turn 4-8 which you won't do because your saving it for bigger things. Playing it on 9 is fine - the difference between 9 and 10 mana isn't that big. And 10 is obviously fine as well, you just have to play it last or only have 9 mana that turn.

Stealth Rogue isn't going to be a thing this expansion at all.

I'm toying around with the idea of a jade golem conceal deck.

HxatKic.png

why

That card is actually pretty good. Lock has a tough time dealing with big minions, having to wait til siphon soul and then it can be pretty clunky as you've been hit in the face twice by then lol

Peléo

I don't understand why Blizzard printed this card:

49736.png

Seems to me like a last minute balance change, was probably a +3/+3 before.

Either this or Blizzard will add a 5-mana spell that put 3 random secrets into play, so they need to dilute a little the average power level.

fertygo

pretty sure that buff secret balanced around huntress and that why its awful
I'm toying around with the idea of a jade golem conceal deck.

That card is actually pretty good. Lock has a tough time dealing with big minions, having to wait til siphon soul and then it can be pretty clunky as you've been hit in the face twice by then lol

I think its game losing using this at t4-t5

jgminto

I decided to play pirate warrior with Magni. Everyone mulligans wrong, it's hilarious. dead by turn 5.

The shock factor is a big deal, maybe when it becomes a regular meta deck it's less effective , it's too damn good right now. Actually I'm not sure if it even matters if they mulligan for you, what they can even do if your deck doesn't have like 6 one drops plus ooze.
What's your list?

Dart

HxatKic.png

why

To dilute the pool from Kabal Chemist, making it harder to draw a Priest potion...

It's not that bad actually

manhack

Played an absolute ton of control warriors today. Not sure why so many people insist on running Control Warrior right now. I will be glad if there are some other viable control decks in the meta so we don't have to see it every other game.

I had secret and deathrattle quests so I ended up going 13-1 with my own N'zoth Secret Paladin in Standard. Control decks can't out value neverending minions between deathrattles, redemptions, rag and rag lite on top of Mysterious Challenger.

I was putting in a bunch of gold into Classic packs to get the legendaries I need to complete my Mage/Rouge lists. Got King Crush like two weeks ago and drew Alextraza yesterday. Well worth it.

Also, King Krush is so fun to play even if he isn't viable in this meta. His entry and that 8 damage smash is godlike.

FeD.nL

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/HxatKic.png[/IMG]

why

Awful? The fuck?

Card is good to very good. Late game this card has no drawback, you are able to play a 6-drop and this card which is way stronger than a 4-drop and Siphon. Just a really good card and makes the lock stronger in an area it was lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom