• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

You know what will be hilarious? Shaman will still crush all the cancer decks that spawn efficient little minions like buccaneer because they play 2 storm 2 maelstrom EleGiggle

Measley

I think Dragon Priest is going to be pretty potent this expansion. Dragon Fire Potion, Drakanoid Operative, and Wrathion, along with the current Dragon cards are really going to be tough to deal with.

Szadek

You know what will be hilarious? Shaman will still crush all the cancer decks that spawn efficient little minions like buccaneer because they play 2 storm 2 maelstrom EleGiggle
That's like not dying to cancer ,because you had a heart attack instead.

gutshot

Now that we've had a decent sample size from our community rating the Gadgetzan cards, I thought it would be fun to look at some top 10 lists from our ratings.

Top 10 cards

1. Dragonfire Potion
  2. Drakonid Operative
  3. Kazakus
  4. Raza the Chained
  5. Abyssal Enforcer
  6. Aya Blackpaw
  7. Patches the Pirate
  8. Small-Time Buccaneer
  9. Mistress of Mixtures
  10. Kabal Talonpriest
Most surprising for me is seeing Abyssal Enforcer rated so highly. I think it is a solid card, but did not expect it to end up a top 5 rated card from the set. The rest all make total sense to be in the top 10.

Bottom 10 cards

1. Backstreet Leper
  2. Worgen Greaser
  3. Grook Fu Master
  4. Shadow Rager
  5. Gadgetzan Socialite
  6. Tanaris Hogchopper
  7. Ancient of Blossoms
  8. Wind-up Burglebot
  9. Bloodfury Potion
  10. Piranha Launcher
Yup, these cards all pretty much suck. Although I would argue that Ancient of Blossoms doesn't suck as bad as some other cards that didn't crack the 10 worst rated cards, a bit surprising to see it this low.

Top 10 most variance

1. Unlicensed Apothecary
  2. Blubber Baron
  3. Freezing Potion
  4. Mayor Noggenfogger
  5. Finja, the Flying Star
  6. Red Mana Wyrm
  7. Getaway Kodo
  8. Dirty Rat
  9. Don Han'Cho
  10. Bomb Squad
Most variance means that these cards have a very wide range of scores; there doesn't seem to be a strong consensus on these cards. Unlicensed Apothecary and Freezing Potion has already generated some discussion along those lines here. Blubber Baron is one that no one has talked about though. Is this card really good or really bad? The community is split.

Top 10 least variance

1. Backstreet Leper
  2. Dragonfire Potion
  3. Alleycat
  4. Worgen Greaser
  5. Kazakus
  6. Aya Blackpaw
  7. Grimestreet Smuggler
  8. Raza the Chained
  9. Wind-up Burglebot
  10. Mistress of Mixtures
So these cards are ones that the community has all pretty much agreed on. They either agree that they suck or that they are OpieOP. I would be surprised to see any of these cards over or underperforming their ratings. If they do, that means we all are pretty bad at reviewing.

If you want to add your own card ratings to our growing database, you can find the link to the survey in this post.

Xanathus

uhh what. Wrathion is insane in literally every dragon deck.

Lets see you say that again when Wrathion turns out to only draw 1 card most of the time. Most dragon decks don't actually run that many actual Dragon minions, there's only like 8-12 worth running in a Standard deck. So your odds of pulling a dragon each draw is around 30%.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lets see you say that again when Wrathion turns out to only draw 1 card most of the time. Most dragon decks don't actually run that many actual Dragon minions, there's only like 8-12 worth running in a Standard deck. So your odds of pulling a dragon each draw is around 30%.

You can't draw nothing with wrathion unless you're in fatigue.

gutshot

Yeah, but Azure Drake is run in tons of decks simply because it's a decent minion that draws a card. Wrathion costs 1 mana more but you get 1 extra health and Taunt. You are perfectly fine with it drawing only 1 card. If it draws more, it's insane.

Measley

Isn't a 6 mana 4/5 taunt + draw pretty solid even if you don't draw multiple dragon cards?

Szadek

Ancient of Blossoms isn't that bad, but it don't think you would ever put him in your deck.
As an arena card, he is alright.

Xanathus

Yeah, but Azure Drake is run in tons of decks simply because it's a decent minion that draws a card. Wrathion costs 1 mana more but you get 1 extra health and Taunt. You are perfectly fine with it drawing only 1 card. If it draws more, it's insane.

Isn't a 6 mana 4/5 taunt + draw pretty solid even if you don't draw multiple dragon cards?

I guess it might be OK even if it draws just 1 card because it has Taunt.

gutshot

Ancient of Blossoms isn't that bad, but it don't think you would ever put him in your deck.
As an arena card, he is alright.

Right. He's a fair card for his cost. Solid in Arena but will likely never see play in constructed. That's basically the definition of a 3, given the rating system we agreed on. But most people gave him a 2 or even a 1. That's way too low imo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Right. He's a fair card for his cost. Solid in Arena but will likely never see play in constructed. That's basically the definition of a 3, given the rating system we agreed on. But most people gave him a 2 or even a 1. That's way too low imo.

He's not fair for the cost. He has Fen Creeper level of stats. That puts him below the curve. A vanilla 6 drop would be a 5/8, not a 3/8. You're paying a full 2 stats for the taunt and taunt is rarely worth that much. I would rather have a Sunwalker at that cost.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Apparently Cthun is bugged when sapped. If he is played again he doesn't display his buffed stats. So you can get him down to 6/0 and he still sticks.

Dahbomb

Any thoughts on midrange Warlock with the new cards?
There aren't enough Midrange demons for that to be a thing. The best one is the 6/6 that gets demons which is a good card but that by itself can't make an archetype.

Most of the good demons in Warlock are concentrated in the early game which is why Zoolock becomes the dominant deck for the class many times.

Measley

There aren't enough Midrange demons for that to be a thing. The best one is the 6/6 that gets demons which is a good card but that by itself can't make an archetype.

Most of the good demons in Warlock are concentrated in the early game which is why Zoolock becomes the dominant deck for the class many times.

Thanks for the quick reply.

How many mid-ranged Demons would it take to make it a solid archtype in your opinion?

Ladekabel

Brann will definitely be in that deck. Double discover on the Historian and the Operative is too good.

Brann is already in Dragon decks.

uhh what. Wrathion is insane in literally every dragon deck.

Not every dragon deck is full of dragons. In Priest you have brann, historian, wyrmrest agent, technician, (if it still is run) Corruptor, (if it finds it's way back) Northshire Cleric plus the spells like PWS, both Shadow Words, Nova, Entomb, Dragon Potion plus maybe a copy of Pint-Size.

My estimate is that Dragon Priest runs roughly 10 dragons. My guess is thathe'll draw 1, maybe 2 cards most of the time and if you're lucky you'll maybe hit three cards. Considering costs and stat line plus taunt, he seems fair. But I don't even know what will be cut for him.

Dahbomb

Thanks for the quick reply.

How many mid-ranged Demons would it take to make it a solid archtype in your opinion?
You need a couple of solid 4 drop options, a couple of 5 drop options. And another 3 drop option that isn't Imp Gang Boss.

Warlock has Pit Lord, Felguard and Doom Guard. Doom Guard isn't as good in a Midrange type deck. Pit Lord and Felguard have a hefty penalty.

They printed a new 4 drop that buffs demons but that again helps out the early demons. There isn't any good demon in the actual midrange slot. Your first good midrange demon comes at 6 mana with Dread Infernal and the new 6 mana 6/6.

Midrange Demonlock used to be a thing thanks to Void Caller. You could minimize the negative effects of some of the demons AND combo with Void Terror. But that card is way too good.

fertygo

You need a couple of solid 4 drop options, a couple of 5 drop options. And another 3 drop option that isn't Imp Gang Boss.

Warlock has Pit Lord, Felguard and Doom Guard. Doom Guard isn't as good in a Midrange type deck. Pit Lord and Felguard have a hefty penalty.

They printed a new 4 drop that buffs demons but that again helps out the early demons. There isn't any good demon in the actual midrange slot. Your first good midrange demon comes at 6 mana with Dread Infernal and the new 6 mana 6/6.

the 6/6 isn't even demon herself

Peléo

Surprised to see Kabal Talonpriest this high in the list. It's a solid card, but I wouldn't say this powerful.

Also think Piranha Launcher will be one of the sleepee cards of the set. The 1/1 Piranhas will actually be meaningful, since the synergy with Houndmaster, Call of the Wild and Tundra Rhino.

Bloodfury potion will one day be a powerful wild card as well.

wiibomb

I really hope amazon puts the update soon.

Also, for anyone interested, amazon.de will have a 30% discount ($33) on the 40 pack from the MSG page for a week, can be used any number of times by anyone, if I didn't already had enough coins for that pack on the US I would be considering it.

just create an amazon.de account and use it on the HS app, any US account can also be migrated to amazon.de too in case you want it on the same account.

About those new quests, are they a one time thing like old gods or regular quests?

1 time thing, just like the 13 packs quests from WotOG

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Q8D3vil

It's not strictly better. You could play dark cultist on curve on an empty board and still get value out of his effect. And he is a solid nzoth pull.
insant value is much better than deathrattle since most of the time your opponent can decide the deathrattle.
Turn 2 anything into turn 3 just became much better in priest, especially dragon priest.

patchday

Been working overtime to avoid Card reviews. I jsut want to come into this expansion fresh and goof off. Had a lot of time goofing off in WoTG and I think a large part of it was back then I didnt really stress about the meta. Just played with the cards I was given and formed my own opinions. Then a month later I started looking up meta decks and got triggered- since I was missing a bunch of cards.

wiibomb

Been working overtime to avoid Card reviews. I jsut want to come into this expansion fresh and goof off. Had a lot of time goofing off in WoTG and I think a large part of it was back then I didnt really stress about the meta. Just played with the cards I was given and formed my own opinions. Then a month later I started looking up meta decks and got triggered- since I was missing a bunch of cards.

I did this with Kharazan since I wanted to be kind of surprised by the cards I would already get, with MSG I just can't get them all, so I just checked them anyways

Xanathus

Still waiting for Reynad's review, it's the only one I care about. He's the only one that points out things and combos I didn't notice about card.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Still waiting for Reynad's review, it's the only one I care about. He's the only one that points out things and combos I didn't notice about card.
I love me some Reynad but i also love me some Kibler!
Reynad has an eye for the bigger picture that i really like, he predicted midrange Shaman gettin' stronger after the nerf lol

Kibler's Card Review Part 6 is up LINK

bjaelke

J46Q98Z.png

welp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom