• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

J46Q98Z.png

welp
"Guys Shaman is not going to be a good pick to bring into the Heroic Brawl... will get farmed by Freeze Mage and Control Warrior. Also mirror matches would suck."

I guess the Shaman players didn't get that memo.

Dahbomb

It's a shame that Shaman is so much better than the rest when the rest of the classes are at least within throwing distances of each other.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That graph is even more hilarious when you realize in the heroic brawl everyone was aware shaman was good and teched hard against it, and that still happens.

Raxus

Lets see you say that again when Wrathion turns out to only draw 1 card most of the time. Most dragon decks don't actually run that many actual Dragon minions, there's only like 8-12 worth running in a Standard deck. So your odds of pulling a dragon each draw is around 30%.

Agreed card is pretty shit. if the effect drew until you got a dragon it'd be a different story.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the YouTube archive for the card review stream of myself and Dahbomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UuwJYtZtyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Yv80Nz210

And here are the final scores that Dahbomb and I gave on our stream. I also filled out gutshot's survey if you guys want to see my scores where I arbitrarily decided to go one side or the other on a .5 split.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMzrdUuM88LEK2y9SAmP0x5WOAitVz9-vbN9puHj-uk/edit?usp=sharing

Watching the 2nd part since I didn't make it online last night in time. Great reviews dudes! Should have some funny stuff to look back on when the re-review happens later.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So Rogue will be the class targeted for OP cards in the next expansion. The community rage about the limited Rogue tools is already beginning and this set isn't even out yet.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Agreed card is pretty shit. if the effect drew until you got a dragon it'd be a different story.

If Wrathion draws one card that's perfectly fine. If it draws two it kicks the shit out of pre-nerf Ancient of Lore.

Dahbomb

So Rogue will be the class targeted for OP cards in the next expansion. The community rage about the limited Rogue tools is already beginning and this set isn't even out yet.
Rogue isn't the class that you want to be rioting about.

I mean yeah Rogue has been shafted for several sets so far but it's very, very easy to break Rogue.

Finalow

Lets see you say that again when Wrathion turns out to only draw 1 card most of the time. Most dragon decks don't actually run that many actual Dragon minions, there's only like 8-12 worth running in a Standard deck. So your odds of pulling a dragon each draw is around 30%.
what is azure drake.
he's already good enough if he draws 1 card, and it's not unlikely at all to draw 2 or more cards, especially if you put in more dragons.

Not every dragon deck is full of dragons. In Priest you have brann, historian, wyrmrest agent, technician, (if it still is run) Corruptor, (if it finds it's way back) Northshire Cleric plus the spells like PWS, both Shadow Words, Nova, Entomb, Dragon Potion plus maybe a copy of Pint-Size.

My estimate is that Dragon Priest runs roughly 10 dragons. My guess is thathe'll draw 1, maybe 2 cards most of the time and if you're lucky you'll maybe hit three cards. Considering costs and stat line plus taunt, he seems fair. But I don't even know what will be cut for him.
dragon Priest can and probably will run more dragons, like the new 5 mana one. most decks could cut some spells just for the sake of that, honestly.
he draws 1 card always = already good, draws more = insane.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Rogue isn't the class that you want to be rioting about.

I mean yeah Rogue has been shafted for several sets so far but it's very, very easy to break Rogue.

I'm not, but people are and probably will continue to.

The class needs some attention for sure. It feels like it has no actual identity and is frankly being held back by the Miracle deck riding a razor-thin line between viable and absolutely broken. I recognize it is a hard problem to solve but that is why I am not the one being paid to solve it. They should probably nerf Miracle in a significant way and identify what they actually want the class to do, then devote energy towards that in the next expansion.

Raxus

If Wrathion draws one card that's perfectly fine. If it draws two it kicks the shit out of pre-nerf Ancient of Lore.

Lots of ifs and considering Drake exists is cheaper, draws an equal amount of cards a vast majority of the time and has spell damage to boot it is hard to justify squeezing Wrathion in a deck. I'd like to be proven wrong but I doubt many classes would run him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lots of ifs and considering Drake exists is cheaper, draws an equal amount of cards a vast majority of the time and has spell damage to boot it is hard to justify squeezing Wrathion in a deck. I'd like to be proven wrong but I doubt many classes would run him.

Having a potential for a draw 2 is powerful, and him having Taunt is the main thing keeping him relevant. Drake is run in many decks that don't even care for spell power, it's just a stopgap because most 5s are poor.

We had experiments with Curator to basically change your deck just for a draw 1-3 effect, and Lore got nerfed as a 7 mana 5/5 that drew two...the effect atleast needs to be respected since it's incredibly strong.

Dahbomb

You are going to play Wrathion in Dragon Priest because you don't need Azure Drake. The 5 mana 5/6 does that for you and you don't need the spell damage. 5 mana 5/6 and Blackwing Corruptors are enough 5 drops for the deck. Maybe you play an extra Drake as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That's basically just Face Pirate Warrior which already exists and will be buffed in Gadgetan.

Face Pirate Warrior is going to be nuts. The deck is fast (most games are over by turn 6-7) , and tuned pretty tightly.

All you need to do to make it MSG ready is add Small-time Buccaneer (dat 1 mana 3/2), Patches the Pirate and maybe that Warrior Legendary that buffs all your weapons.

Bam! Add 2 legendaries and 2 one drops. Deck is faster and meaner.

ZealousD

You are going to play Wrathion in Dragon Priest because you don't need Azure Drake. The 5 mana 5/6 does that for you and you don't need the spell damage. 5 mana 5/6 and Blackwing Corruptors are enough 5 drops for the deck. Maybe you play an extra Drake as well.

It's also a great pickup for Dragon Paladin who doesn't like running Azure Drake either.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is red mana wyrm auto include in miracle rogue? It seems like red mana wyrm into conceal with an auctioneer in hand means you almost always win. That won't be super common but it feels way better than questing to me.

ZealousD

At which point he realized... he could now move. And choose his targets.

He hits the Shaman in the face for 7 damage for lethal.

Is red mana wyrm auto include in miracle rogue? It seems like red mana wyrm into conceal with an auctioneer in hand means you almost always win. That won't be super common but it feels way better than questing to me.

Not necessarily. Once you put down the Auctioneer you only have 4 mana to work with if you wait until Turn 10. Miracle Rogue used to do some shenanigans with Mana Addict back in the day and that feels way less clunky to me.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to point out something about Greater Arcane Missiles that I hadn't thought about. If you can board clear your opponent and then cast this (or your opponent is like a Freeze Mage and doesn't play minions), its a 7 mana Pyroblast that scales MUCH better with spellpower. I'm not sure if that makes it good enough, but it is interesting to note. I'm sure the card is used in some kind of OTK or Maylgos wombo-combo deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Greater arcane missiles seems like something you're just often happen to get late game off of banning babbling book but never put in your deck.

At which point he realized... he could now move. And choose his targets.

He hits the Shaman in the face for 7 damage for lethal.

Not necessarily. Once you put down the Auctioneer you only have 4 mana to work with if you wait until Turn 10. Miracle Rogue used to do some shenanigans with Mana Addict back in the day and that feels way less clunky to me.

But mana addict dies to a lot of aoe. And with preps and coins a typical turn 7 auctioneer can go really far for miracle rogue.

JesseZao

I just want to point out something about Greater Arcane Missiles that I hadn't thought about. If you can board clear your opponent and then cast this (or your opponent is like a Freeze Mage and doesn't play minions), its a 7 mana Pyroblast that scales MUCH better with spellpower. I'm not sure if that makes it good enough, but it is interesting to note. I'm sure the card is used in some kind of OTK or Maylgos wombo-combo deck.

Freeze mage could use it after a board clear turn. A lot of combo decks are going to cry next spring without Emp. On the plus side, it will be easier to calculate an opponent's reach once again.

Secret Hunter is on point.

Dart Trap is especially a nasty surprise. Forgot Hunters had that. :(

I generally don't care for secret hunter much, I think the complaints about it are a bit overblown but that game in particular got to me because my opponent won on turn 2.
Every other combination of secrets would probably have been beatable. It's also kind of sad that the best counter to cat trick is coin.

Powered through to 5 from 9 today with midrange shaman. Final Boss was a priest, now not to log on until MSG comes out. Was stuck on 6 zero stars for a long time until I finally caught a lucky streak with 2 players conceding early.

Cat Party

Question: does Noggenfogger only effect spells or battlecries too? Either way, card seems like a fun way to counter Freeze Mage and Malygos shenanigans.

Question: does Noggenfogger only effect spells or battlecries too? Either way, card seems like a fun way to counter Freeze Mage and Malygos shenanigans.
I'm guessing anything that uses the targeting reticle gets chosen randomly.

One thing I'm wondering about is if a card that's like, "Give a random demon +2/+2," or whatever can then hit any other minion, including your opponent's.

wiibomb

I'm still very confused by Noggenfogger... I read that attacks aren't affected.. or may be it does get affected just that it doesn't hit friendly characters? (I read somewhat on the later part) but I still don't know how far it can go

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's everything, including spells, battlecries, and minion attacks.

The only thing is the final target needs to be legal, so a friendly minion will only attack enemy characters. Don't know about taunts though.

Szadek

I think it's everything, including spells, battlecries, and minion attacks.

The only thing is the final target needs to be legal, so a friendly minion will only attack enemy characters. Don't know about taunts though.
Give how Ogre cards work, taunt shouldn't do a thing while he is on the field.

ZealousD

My assumption for Noggenfogger:

Spells work randomly like Yogg does. Targeted spells randomly choose legal targets. Discover effects pick randomly. Minion and weapon/hero combat works similar to the Ogre effect where you choose a target and it could do something else. Targeted Battlecries don't let you choose a target and it just goes off on a legal target. Mage/Priest hero powers get pressed and hit a random target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom