• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Going to be real interesting seeing how they deal with this rarity fiasco. I opened all 60 of my packs and also wound up with an insane number of tri-class dupes.

sibarraz

Banned
N'zoth Jade Rogue is a fun deck, the 2 mana drop really helps a lot since it curves well with unearthed raptor, and even though there were not that many jade rogue cards, it still can cast good minions

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Going to be real interesting seeing how they deal with this rarity fiasco. I opened all 60 of my packs and also wound up with an insane number of tri-class dupes.

The "fair" thing to do would be to do a rollback on everybody's card/gold/dust collection up until this morning, then reauthorize all packs purchased with real money. But I think a lot of people would be mad about that.

If it were my decision, I would probably give full disenchant values for the tri-class cards for the next couple of weeks. I don't think you can really do a "reimbursement" based on user behavior. Too many variables.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Unlicenced Apothecary doesn't proc on itself, making it a simple 3 mana 5/5 until you play another minion.

That makes it a lot better than I thought.

inky

I'd rather deal with midrange shaman than pirate warrior.

I beat a couple of those with the Murloc Shaman recipe (had the Murlocs quest). It really does seem like the first mass produced deck of this expansion.
Rank 22 tho ;P

zoukka

Jade Idol was just as OP against control decks as we predicted. Damn.

Priests might still be shit tanks to all the jade decks

patchday

lots of people are playing those terribad discover cards. turns out they're pretty bad.

dont be a hater you stomping out my dream of making Burge rogue and discovering shaman cards.

See by buffing all the other classes Rogues get indirect buffs too yo

/half serious

Pooya

discovering a card from a class is a way way better than 3 classes. The bigger the pool the worse discover is and the less focused it is, there are so many unplayable class cards for each class. On top of that, the discover cards that are good, discover something very specific that lends to a synergy and they cost very little for their effect. Discovering random class cards are as useful as burgle rogue (not very), except that you're paying way more than burgle effect for them. The only one remotely worth considering is the 2 1/1 which I feel is still somewhat worse than jeweled scarab. The other two are junk.

patchday

discovering a card from a class is a way way better than 3 classes. The bigger the pool the worse discover is and the less focused it is, there are so many unplayable class cards for each class. On top of that, the discover cards that are good, discover something very specific that lends to a synergy and they cost very little for their effect. Discovering random class cards are as useful as burgle rogue (not very), except that you're paying way more than burgle effect for them. The only one remotely worth considering is the 2 1/1 which I feel is still somewhat worse than jeweled scarab. The other two are junk.

hm, yeah well that is solid logic that I cannot say I disagree with ;(

Cels

there are 9 tri-class cards out of 132 total cards, so people shouldn't be getting them at such high rates...unless it's intended?

if it is a bug though wonder how they'll compensate the affected players

ZealousD

Still nothing new from Blizzard about the pack situation several hours later.

I hope they figure this out before I get home. I want to open packs =(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The "fair" thing to do would be to do a rollback on everybody's card/gold/dust collection up until this morning, then reauthorize all packs purchased with real money. But I think a lot of people would be mad about that.

If it were my decision, I would probably give full disenchant values for the tri-class cards for the next couple of weeks. I don't think you can really do a "reimbursement" based on user behavior. Too many variables.
I already dusted stuff though. So then I'd be pissed

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Same. I opened a few while on a break at work and now refuse to open more until they say what is up.

I suspect they will wait several days, make an announcement that it has been fixed and then give little or no compensation. IMO the "correct" thing would be to give full disenchant value for all the tri-class stuff, but I think that might need a client patch in which case, I highly doubt that happens.

So I suspect either a few free packs or nothing.

Pooya

there are 9 tri-class cards out of 132 total cards, so people shouldn't be getting them at such high rates...unless it's intended?

if it is a bug though wonder how they'll compensate the affected players

Affected players are everyone. The best thing they could offer is that let you open a ticket with customer support and deal with it like the old murk eye craft thing before standard. sounds like hell for customer support though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I bet some of the folks at team 5 are pretty stressed out right now whether it's a bug or intended. It can't feel good to get such a hostile reaction for such a fairly good reason on the launch of your new expansion.

BashNasty

I wouldn't worry about it. I've opened 90 packs today and it's been great, I've gotten tons of variety. Maybe a few more tri-class than I should have gotten, but that's no huge deal.

ZealousD

I wouldn't worry about it. I've opened 90 packs today and it's been great, I've gotten tons of variety. Maybe a few more tri-class than I should have gotten, but that's no huge deal.

I'm a min-maxer with this kind of thing. Especially when real money is involved. I am going to worry about it.

Pooya

You should have 3x chance to get Kazakus/Aya/Don as your legendary pull though, those are best legendary cards in the set. It's not all for worse.

inky

Kripp got 150+ Jade Spirit, 170+ Kabal Chemist in about 1000 packs.

mjlol.png

More than he has of any other card of any set. When he set it to 70+ ALL the cards were Tri-class, including 2 rares, LMAO.

You should have 3x chance to get Kazakus/Aya/Don as your legendary pull though, those are best legendary cards in the set. It's not all for worse.

Hey, I got got 2 of those. I guess not all is bad indeed.

Cels

I'm a min-maxer with this kind of thing. Especially when real money is involved. I am going to worry about it.

it's definitely weighted in favor of the tri-class cards, there is no question about this.

Kripp has over 50 copies of each of the rare tri-class cards
and 110+ copies copies of each of the common tri-class cards

he doesn't have anywhere close to that many copies of any non-tri-class commons and rares in the MSOG set

the question is now is this intended or not? if it's intended, you can obviously open your packs now, it doesn't matter whether you do it now or later.

but if it's not intended, what will blizzard do to compensate people who already opened packs? they could potentially do nothing...or it could even go in the opposite direction to where you may be better off having opened the "bugged" packs due to the compensation.

ZealousD

I have enough dust to craft all three if I want to. And this also means a lower percentage chance for other legendaries I want/need like Patches or Wrathion, or any of the class legendaries. Nor am I even guaranteed to get one of those legendaries in the first place.

Opened 70 packs and got 5 legendaries, more then I expected. Got Krul, Kazakus, Aya, Wrathion and Shaku. It did feel like I got more of the tri-class commons than usual.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
that's insane. Definitely waiting til this is sorted out.

I think an appropriate 'fix' is 50% bonus dust on all tri-class (100% is broken) for all those affected, if possible to tell server-side.

Triple bonus dust seems fine to me. 15 dust for Commons and 60 dust for rares. No bonus for golden cards.

georly

Triple bonus dust seems fine to me. 15 dust for Commons and 60 dust for rares. No bonus for golden cards.

basically there is no good fix for this. Realistic 'fix' might just be to give away more free packs after the fix through more quests.

Nibiru

Banned
I bet some of the folks at team 5 are pretty stressed out right now whether it's a bug or intended. It can't feel good to get such a hostile reaction for such a fairly good reason on the launch of your new expansion.

If it's not intentional then how much of a fail is their quality control? If it is intended then WTF!?! Both scenarios are terrible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom