• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgy

So 93 packs during the screwup and got 2 lengendaries. 31 extra packs gifted for the bugged packs and got 4 legendaries.... now I feel a lot better.

br3wnor

15 packs got:

Hobart
White Eyes
Genzo

Never been this lucky with an expansion and am super happy especially since I wanted Hobart the most. Gonna wait for meta to settle and use my dust for what looks good, one of the few expansions where I won't be using any cash for packs I think.

Levi

Banned
FYLs8pT.png

I built decks for Pally, Hunter, Warrior, Druid and Priest, and only my Priest deck was winning games. Went 12-3 with this list, and I don't even think it's completely optimized yet.

Pretty happy with the collection, although there are some cards I want that I don't have yet. Gonna hold off on crafting them until I'm ready to put them in a deck. I want the Pally, Priest and Shaman class legendary, and I want Patches. I only have dust for 3 of 'em so until I decide what I want most I'm just gonna sit on the dust.

Bought 15 packs and I got Genzo the Shark which is better than no legendary I guess. I'll probably just dust him since I can't see how he would ever be used except in a super aggro deck. The other packs I opened from the intro quests got me two priest epics (geode and dragon potion) so I guess I'll craft the priest legendary and go for that reno deck? I only have about 2000 dust and priest is my favorite class so I think that makes sense.

butts

Made a jade control Shaman, feels really strong (still in crap-tier ranks though)

BmeWRX8.png

Got Gang Up from Lotus Agents in a control Priest matchup, that was fun. Who needs Jade Idol when you can Gang Up your Jade Chieftains

f0lken

This deck has been doing good work (reached level 14 before I started losing ranks to... midrange shaman). The inclusion of bomb squad may seem strange but she really does good once it reaches 4/4 5/5 stats, it gets you nice board presence and since you need to play somewhat fast the drawback is not that bad.

Pyroblast and summon an 8/8 is a great card

Kazakusbis pretty solid

It is just yogg all over again. Sometimes you will get what you need, other times, mostly from my experience, it is completely useless.

Meanwhile every game will be up against a boringly optimised deck without the drawback.

I think the new mage spell is the sleeper hit. It is a lot of damage if you can clear the board, which you probably can.

I'm enjoying MSoG so far. I didn't spend any money this time, so I only got 9 packs with my gold and what was free from the quests. But I did manage to get Raza the Chained. Any idea yet if it's any good? I may have to make a Reno Priest deck and find out...

Dahbomb

It is just yogg all over again. Sometimes you will get what you need, other times, mostly from my experience, it is completely useless.
So it's a broken card that is in need of a nerf? Man even I don't think that card is that good lol!

Also Reynad thinks the Greater Arcane Missile is nuts (like better than Firelands Portal good).

Anyone make a Secrets Mage deck yet?

vall03

Bought 10 packs with Gold and 40 with Amazon Coins and got Wrathion and Genzo and a shit ton of Epics but no Rat Pack. Crafted Rat Pack instead since its a dumb auto include in a Hunter deck. Keeping Wrathion since I'm kinda of a Dragon deck fan but I'm not sure with Genzo. Thinking of dusting him since I want Aya Blackpaw. Just sad that I don't have any compensation packs though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So it's a broken card that is in need of a nerf? Man even I don't think that card is that good lol!

Also Reynad thinks the Greater Arcane Missile is nuts (like better than Firelands Portal good).

He also thought that his blood warrior patron arcane giant deck was probably the best deck in the game before the charge nerf.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

If he actually thinks that, he's going to learn to hate it very quickly. I already felt pretty bad the few times it whiffed. That card is going to put him through the roof.

BTW, this is standard right now:
1. 40% Pirate Warrior
2. 40% Random Ass Jade Golem deck
3. 20% Whatever else

Dahbomb

If he actually thinks that, he's going to learn to hate it very quickly. I already felt pretty bad the few times it whiffed. That card is going to put him through the roof.

BTW, this is standard right now:
1. 40% Pirate Warrior
2. 40% Random Ass Jade Golem deck
3. 20% Whatever else
Sounds about right with some Shamans sprinkled in.

I really think there's a broken Druid list out there that minimizes the use of Jades (has some but not all of them like all these other people are playing) and maximizes draws + heals + anti aggro tools to win just about every match up. It's not going to be made anytime soon but I feel like within the next couple of months someone is going to make it.

Actually got 10 free packs instead of 9, got 3 epics and 2 legendaries. Both legendaries were in the final pack, first time I have ever had 2 in one.

I meant post nerf yogg since it generally does nothing.

Yes I made a secrets mage deck which is where gam shines. It doesn't whiff when it is doing straight face damage. It will ultimately end up like tempo mage + more secrets which reminds me a lot of the transformation secret hunter went through.

You will see a lot of this deck, it will be very frustrating to play against.

Dahbomb

I meant post nerf yogg since it generally does nothing.
There has not been a game for me where Kazakus did "nothing". I always manage to get something at least decent from the options and the high end is game winning.

I feel 5 mana is the sweet spot.

This isn't a Yogg type situation where the low end is game losing.

I'm enjoying it so far. I didn't spend any money this time, so I only got 9 packs with my gold and what was free from the quests. But I did manage to get Raza the Chained. Any idea yet if it's any good? I may have to make a Reno Priest deck and find out...

Just make sure to include Justicar Trueheart in that deck for the sweet sweet 0 mana 4 health heals.

Kettch

84 packs including the bonus compensation got me 3 legendaries. Not the best, Priest, Warlock, and Warrior.

Still have enough dust to craft a few more after making Kun, Aya and Wrathion though, so I think I made it through another expansion alright.

I've managed to not spend any money after dropping $34 on arena runs back in the beta when it was 9 wins max.

There has not been a game for me where Kazakus did "nothing". I always manage to get something at least decent from the options and the high end is game winning.

I feel 5 mana is the sweet spot.

This isn't a Yogg type situation where the low end is game losing.

You don't need to nerf your whole deck to play yogg. Getting something like health buffs to minions you don't have or freeze against a freeze mage doesn't help.

Which isn't to say you can't get extremely lucky, but you can draw the nuts with bolster warrior sometimes too.

It is the official day 1 crafting trap.

fertygo

Yeah sweet spot for kazakus is 5

The effect for 5 slot is the highest per the cost I think.. its above the belt while 10 cost spell feel too "fair" altho for slow matchup you can shot at 10 too

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I dunno about Hobart tbh, atleast in the pirate deck. He is good on curve but that's a one of in the whole deck that loses power incredibly fast as the turns pass on. Topdecking him instead of more direct charge or burn damage seems like it'd be gamelosing. But yeah, 4 damage war axes and shit are digusting...but I don't really like the strength of the card being so front focused, I think it'll suffer in the long run.

Patches is as incredible as expected though. The 3/4 pirate is enabled way more easily due to this too.

Peléo

So far really surprised about how efficient Mistress of Mixtures turned out to be. Played a lot of her in Rogue and the healing is powerful. The body, even if not as strong as Zombie Chow, normally does the job of contesting most 1-drops. The flexibility to squeeze her in the mid-game to, not only fight back for board, but also heal you outside danger zones is what makes her amazing.

Dahbomb

You don't need to nerf your whole deck to play yogg. Getting something like health buffs to minions you don't have or freeze against a freeze mage doesn't help.

Which isn't to say you can't get extremely lucky, but you can draw the nuts with bolster warrior sometimes too.

It is the official day 1 crafting trap.
Why would you need to nerf your deck? Renolock already plays highlander, you are not nerfing your deck when you put that card in you are greatly increasing the strength of it.

You are acting like Kazakus gives you one random spell and that's it. You are choosing from 6 options, it is very hard to find useless stuff in 6 options. And every single one of those options is very strong for the cost.

Like 1 mana Deal 2 damage to board and gain 4 armor... that's busted.

You don't need to be extremely lucking to get something good off of him... in fact I would argue that you would have to get extremely unlucky to get something "useless".

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah sweet spot for kazakus is 5

The effect for 5 slot is the highest per the cost I think.. its above the belt while 10 cost spell feel too "fair" altho for slow matchup you can shot at 10 too

When you are playing against a nzoth deck. 10 mana turn everything into a pink sheep is so damn strong.

Owzers

I need to craft multiple legendaries if I want in on jade Druid or pirate warrior with patches and the weapon guy.

I must wait until we see who is superior.

Does Patches summon himself once, or does he get repeat summons because it's actually summoning a copy?

Pirate Warrior getting better is pretty bizarre to me - it was already a strong deck that felt like shit to play against because it's so uninteractive.

ricelord

Does Patches summon himself once, or does he get repeat summons because it's actually summoning a copy?

Pirate Warrior getting better is pretty bizarre to me - it was already a strong deck that felt like shit to play against because it's so uninteractive.

just once, you are actual him summoning from the deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

He only gets summoned once.

Finalow

Yes I made a secrets mage deck which is where gam shines. It doesn't whiff when it is doing straight face damage. It will ultimately end up like tempo mage + more secrets which reminds me a lot of the transformation secret hunter went through.

You will see a lot of this deck, it will be very frustrating to play against.
it does face damage when the opponent has no board (>almost never), and you're playing a secret deck which probably doesn't even run AoE. and you can't compare it to Hunter at all since you don't have cards as good as Cloaked Huntress, so no, not really.
the deck isn't even close to be as good as the current tempo Mage, let alone being one of the new tier 1 decks that will populate ladder; the new cards aren't good enough. also just adding some secrets and 2 new cards with secret synergy to the tempo Mage list doesn't really work.

meanwhile eboladin might be back, from what I've seen that deck is pretty disgusting and beats aggro Warrior fairly often.

Papercuts

Yeah the pally deck Dog was playing seemed to be beating warriors but is probably even worse to fight against, lol.

Papercuts

What's Pirate Warrior? Just all the Pirate weenies and the good Warrior shit and go aggro?

Pirates, weapons, upgrade effects, charging.

Basically they got 2 very powerful 1 drops which further strengthened a deck that was already somewhat of a thing.

fertygo

These mid shaman need to came back tbh lol

But like I said we fucked either way if waterspeaker became mid shamy staple

Papercuts

At least we got Mistress of Mixtures. Should keep Pirate Warrior in check I'd imagine.

And now we see the incredible design that went into Toxic Sewer Ooze! Gonna run 2 of those alongside 2 acidic oozes, and harrison.

ok not really

But yeah, really impressed with Mistress from the renolock matches I played today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom