• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Announced | State of pLay

FeralEcho

Will get it on PC,seems like a decent upgrade over the original and worth a replay but jeez if this isn't the most useless remaster,the original is barely 7 years old...

Skifi28

What more could they add to the pc version?
If you compare the first game maxed on PC vs forbidden west you'd be surprised how much difference there is. This is basically the first game brought to the second's tech. It also seems that gone are the days of talking to dead eyed motionless NPC and they recaptured the performances to be more like in FW where they were quite impressive.

bitbydeath

They really did it, lol.

Days Gone announcement next?
I hope it gets the $10 upgrade treatment as well.
I Hope Please GIF

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
They've lost their fucking minds.

ikr

a game moves 25 million units and you are shocked they remastered it after 7 years?

Nintendo to shadow drop Switch 2 and BOTW remake.

You mean $70 Port? That is what they'll do lol

What a terrible waste of resources. Hulst will be out of the company before the year is out.

How would this be a waste? lol this is literally the fucking thing they've been doing for generations. Companies remaster titles all the time, Sony especially.

Get new hires
Grow the install base
Make extra revenue

71WZh2xiyQL.jpg
s-l1600.webp
Sony-Killzone-Trilogy-Collection-2-Disc-PS3_3745818b-6e7e-407f-91ab-fa65586fc19f.d6d4defd471399f17f569b995644e81e.jpeg
61k9TsqlzOL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Keep in mind, that isn't just a Sony thing, Square, Capcom, Sega etc all do things like this.

Why should they leave money on the table to get new consumers to their IP? Not everyone is willing to play a last gen version of something and might be willing to buy a remaster instead.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It does look nice. Even though it's a remaster of a PS4 game the visual upgrades are easy to see. Plus the game is finally rid of that horrible fake looking 3D model of young Aloy.

graywolf323

Herman Hulst - PlayStation GAAS to release day and date on PC, SP games "at least one year" after console release​

Another 4545646th lie by this tasteless Concord stan, Fuck This guy honestly.
because this isn’t a new single player game and it’s already on PC 🙄

Reactions: GHG
It was a great looking game as is

If they are going to keep up with this remasters shit, why not go back to the PS3 era and give some of those games some love instead

MMaRsu

Sony needs to fuck off with this shit. I used to adore this game, I was proud of an actual Dutch game being amazing.

Now it's just a dried out tit from a milk cow. Disgusting and gross.

And they expect people on PC to pay 10$ for a slight graphical upgrade lmao Get real Sony you clowns

Bojji

How would this be a waste? lol this is literally the fucking thing they've been doing for generations. Companies remaster titles all the time, Sony especially.

Get new hires
Grow the install base
Make extra revenue

71WZh2xiyQL.jpg
s-l1600.webp
Sony-Killzone-Trilogy-Collection-2-Disc-PS3_3745818b-6e7e-407f-91ab-fa65586fc19f.d6d4defd471399f17f569b995644e81e.jpeg

Keep in mind, that isn't just a Sony thing, Square, Capcom, Sega etc all do things like this.

Why should they leave money on the table to get new consumers to their IP? Not everyone is willing to play a last gen version of something and might be willing to buy a remaster instead.

You could not play those games on PS3 (other than launch unit). Horizon fully playable on PS5, 60fps in 4K (CB, but looks good), looks good enough I would say and don't need remaster.

This shit didn't need to be in a State of Play. Could have just been a blog post.

At least it's a $10 upgrade though. If I ever want to go back and play it I'll probably drop the tenner just to play the best version.

I still wish they wouldn't waste resources on shit like this however.

Last edited:

Begleiter

ikr

a game moves 25 million units and you are shocked they remastered it after 7 years?

You mean $70 Port? That is what they'll do lol

Get new hires
Grow the install base
Make extra revenue

71WZh2xiyQL.jpg
s-l1600.webp

It shouldn't be necessary to point out, but Horizon already looks good and runs well on PS5. What improvements can be made are marginal at best.

This is different from producing collections of games that weren't playable on then-current hardware (unless you got lucky and had one of the back compat PS3s).

It's a decision that's stupid on its face, like the remake of TLOU that followed the remastered version.

GHG

What makes this funny is that they captured this trailer on PC but I bet there won't be a discount for existing owners on that platform.

FUBARx89

Surprised at the £10 upgrade. Thought Sony was gonna tell everyone to eat shit.

Dunno if I could go back to it. FW plays better with more weapons.

Fake

Gold Member
Helmet Aloy new, non-helmet Aloy old.
It looks like they also changed or added new camera angles or animations to cutscenes, I can't find the exact match of that cage scene.
ezgif-4-c9413f6229.gif

Are you talking about the face hair?

Seriously, I don't see that stark difference. Either the original HZD is already too good visually or the remaster add little.

Top Bottom