• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Announced | State of pLay

Trunim

We're not gonna get rid of the horizon series for a long, long time are we? It'd be perfect if they just left it at zero dawn and went on to other things. But now they're branding Aloy into Sony's own disney princess. I hope this is the end of it but I suspect a third game that plays exactly like the second game, which played like the first game, is in the making...

We're not gonna get rid of the horizon series for a long, long time are we? It'd be perfect if they just left it at zero dawn and went on to other things. But now they're branding Aloy into Sony's own disney princess. I hope this is the end of it but I suspect a third game that plays exactly like the second game, which played like the first game, is in the making...
25 million in sales will do alot to a man, let alone a company.

Aloy is to Playstation as Halo is to Microsoft. Basically mascots.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This is PlayStation only right? I saw widescreen mentioned but PC already has that.

Says PS and PC. Strange

Edit:

Ah....here are the PC enhancements...

"The PC version3 on Windows includes the PlayStation overlay with Trophy support and has its own set of features, such as support for ultra-wide resolutions and the latest performance enhancing technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3.1 with frame generation4. We will let our Nixxes partners expand more in a future blog."

Like they are putting the overlay in more PC games, but that ain't worth another buy. Says more to come though.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Kill me now guys!
giphy.gif

Upgrade is nice but this still feels so unnecessary.
Is there nothing else they can put their people to work on? Honestly feels like a huge nothing burger. I doubt I will play this again even though I really enjoyed the first game, the first time through.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Visually HFW is arguably the most beautiful game ever made, to see the same treatment given to HZD is impressive. Overall I enjoyed the first game more so maybe I will plat again during a "slow time" in new game releases, end of Dec/Jan for example.

People complaining about $10 upgrade, did you think such a technical overhaul was done for FREE? GAF sometimes 😂

JaksGhost

I didn’t pay for the initial game because it was given away for free during the Play at Home program. With the confirmation that I can get the upgrade for $10 I don’t feel too bad about it.

Sethbacca

I was on team “this remaster is unnecessary”, but if I’m being honest here it looks pretty awesome. I may dip at $10.

Vick

Gold Member
And a better game.
Well, surely not when it comes to gameplay, and all that concerns combat, controls and enemies.
And some more, although that would probably be matter of taste.

And if Witcher 3 is not my #1 favorite game of all time is at the very least in Top 3, so saying it's "a better game" means very little, as that one is better than virtually everything else to me.

lol I never played it either. Is there DLC for both of them now?
The DLC at Ultra-Hard is some of most challenging content you can ever face in videogame. And the best kind of challenging, the 100% skill-reflex based kind.

Fake

Gold Member
The DLC at Ultra-Hard is some of most challenging content you can ever face in videogame. And the best kind of challenging, the 100% skill-reflex based kind.

Err.... disagree. The DLC was easy and I played more than the base game.

If hard is your way of say 'towers will fucking disable your mecha armor shield', so I would agree.

sachos

I knew it was going to be a TLoU Part 1 situation, the improvements are clearly there. Still its lame we are getting this and not other games that need it more.

Vick

Gold Member

If hard is your way of say 'towers will fucking disable your mecha armor shield', so I would agree.
At Ultra-Hard?

No fucking way man. Get out of here..

Get Out Of Here 3 On 3 GIF by BIG3

Fireclaws and those Trials.. post a video or I won't ever believe you even tried.

A second search on Google will provide countless posts, Threads, Reddits about the supreme challenge of Frozen Wilds at Ultra-Hard.

Fake

Gold Member
At Ultra-Hard?

Fireclaws and those Trials.. post a video or I won't ever believe you even tried.

A second search on Google will provide countless posts, Threads, Reddits about the supreme challenge of Frozen Wilds at Ultra-Hard.

Ultra-Hard was a new difficult add to via patch. Of course you know that right?

Vick

Gold Member
Ultra-Hard was a new difficult add to via patch. Of course you know that right?
Meaning GIF

Fake

Gold Member

How can you make such a claim if was impossible to play the base game at Ultra-Hard lmao.

Try to face the final boss of the base game, if that can be call a final boss, at Ultra-Hard difficult and back with the results.

From PS Blog: And that community has not stopped growing. Each year, many millions more pick up Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time...

I guess it makes total sense to remaster it and I'm glad because I loved this damn game.

Vick

Gold Member
How can you make such a claim if was impossible to play the base game at Ultra-Hard lmao.
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

I just told a guy interested in the DLC what said DLC could provide at Ultra-Hard..

Not sure what's the point of this discussion we're having, nor what you're trying to say.

Try to face the final boss of the base game, if that can be call a final boss, at Ultra-Hard difficult and back with the results.
Already did, I always play Horizon games at Ultra-Hard, and with no HUD reticle on top. Loved it, way more fun and engaging than gameplay content in Witcher 3.

Fake

Gold Member
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

I just told a guy interested in the DLC what said DLC could provide at Ultra-Hard..

Not sure what's the point of this discussion we're having, nor what you're trying to say.

Already did, I always play Horizon games at Ultra-Hard, and with no HUD reticle on top. Loved it, way more fun and engaging than gameplay content in Witcher 3.

I did too, but was at new game+ as many did and with the new DLC weapons.

I don't think this prove your claim sir, but anw.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Stolen from purple site.

The PC version3 on Windows includes the PlayStation overlay with Trophy support and has its own set of features, such as support for ultra-wide resolutions and the latest performance enhancing technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3.1 with frame generation4. We will let our Nixxes partners expand more in a future blog.

3Account for PlayStation Network required on PC.

Rayderism

I found the game to be very much a one-and-done. Played it on PS4 Pro, not gonna play it again. Same goes for Day's Gone.

Euler007

Wasn't planning on rebuying it but there's zero chance I pass for 10$.
If anyone is listening, I will gladly pay full price for BB remastered.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I actually liked HZD despite it's big shortcomings. The gameplay and some of the story were good.
10 bucks for an upgrade, though? It irks me when 4A games and 2K gave me upgrades to their Metro/Bioshock games respectively, for free.

Why would I buy this when I can already play this at double framerate and pristine 4K CBR on PS5 for the quarter of the price (or so)?

EDIT: 10€ for an upgrade is OK I guess.
it's me or Chibi Alloy looks better now?
It's not you. I think they sligthly improved her face.

Last edited:
At Ultra-Hard?

RJnfVdR.jpeg

Top Bottom