• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Announced | State of pLay

shamoomoo

Herman Hulst - PlayStation GAAS to release day and date on PC, SP games "at least one year" after console release​

Another 4545646th lie by this tasteless Concord stan, Fuck This guy honestly.
Huh? Horizon is already out and this game is just an updated version of the first game.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Help me understand. They said this was to bring the first game up to the same graphics as Forbidden West, fine that make sense but then they showed Forbidden West in the PS5 Pro montage, so it's going to look and run better than this remaster??

That defeats the point of this existing.

midnightAI

Fuck this mediocre IP and fuck you Hermen. I hope the next game bombs hard enough to never see anything about this shitty game ever again.

Put resources on new games and innovation or fuck right off.
Psst, hey you, yes you... I heard that people like different things, keep that to yourself though

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They added a bunch of community mods that have been available for years and ray-tracing?

(not on you but I fail to see why that's comparable)

They added more than just that but yes I agree with your point. They're not comparable and the original poster saying why there wasn't any fan outrage, why would be .. it was a free update for everyone.

Is this HZD update gonna be $10 for Steam users? what about PS+ users, are they even going to be eligible? Let's see.

GHG

Wow they actually just confirmed a $10 upgrade for PC players as well:

For existing owners of Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4, PC) and/or Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PS4, PS5, PC): you can upgrade to the digital version of Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered for $9.99 on both PlayStation 5 console and on PC (via Steam or Epic Game Store). This includes fans who added the game to their libraries during PlayStation’s Play At Home initiative.

PC version on Windows includes the PlayStation overlay with Trophy support and has its own set of features, such as support for ultra-wide resolutions and the latest performance enhancing technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3.1 with frame generation. We will let our Nixxes partners expand more in a future blog.

*** Account for PlayStation Network required on PC. ***

Guess I'll get it for PC then since I want to see how this runs on my 8GB RAM and 4GB VRAM PS5 Pro wrecker.

Comandr

AJz1k4j.jpeg

Skifi28

Read the room dude, nobody wanted this and people have been complaining since the rumor of a remake of this piece of shit game got out.
"Nobody". Sorry, but I did not elect you as my representative. The fact I at least want this means you're wrong. I think it's better to speak for just yourself. It's fine not to like something, but no need to try and cover everyone else's voices.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Read the room dude, nobody wanted this and people have been complaining since the rumor of a remake of this piece of shit game got out.

Why are you crying over this?

Its not made for you, its for new consumers who never played the IP....

This isn't a remake...its a remaster.

Having a stroke over here crying over this makes zero sense.

Bought the disc back when it released and don’t own it anymore…I’m sure that upgrade path won’t apply to me. It’s the people who already spent the full price with Sony for it.

Help me understand. They said this was to bring the first game up to the same graphics as Forbidden West, fine that make sense but then they showed Forbidden West in the PS5 Pro montage, so it's going to look and run better than this remaster??

That defeats the point of this existing.

This upgrade includes PS5 Pro support obviously. It’s also confirmed in the official blog post for Pro updates

The release date is a week before Pro’s launch

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
$10 isn’t too unreasonable but the graphics weren’t the problem with this game
What problems does this game have, exactly?

I believe amazing combat, snappy and precise controls, best western enemies ever seen in a game (and then some), a very intelligent plot with competent writing and exposition by John Gonzalez (Fallout NV lead writer), characters like Sylens, sufficiently meaningful exploration and progression, immaculate atmosphere and visual/sound design.. is more than enough to make a game worthy of respect.

There's a reason Zero Dawn sold 25 million copies.

Ironically, the real and only "problem" I had with this game was indeed of visual nature:

ha3ODMH.gif

Some facial animations for side-content being as bad as above, light years behind the performance capture for every NPC seen in the sequel. That, and baby Aloy face, which appears to be fixed here to some extent.

Last edited:
Boring game, played it free when Sony gave it during COVID, after an hour or two, deleted the game and never looked at this franchise.

Great world building but not for me, I really wished they made a niche game set in this world where I could make my own character and just be set free to explore, go wherever I go without telling me, no hand holding, nothing. Just drop, quick controls/tutorial and off you go and figure everything out, kill e-dinos. Also would be cool hack and tame a few e-dinos and dissemble them to make our own like Zelda ToTK to make the gameplay more exciting but nope, none of this shit, instead a remaster with more dialogue, good god, no.

This franchise has an insane graphics blanket because the systems are super shallow, subpar and boring. The Lego one actually looks kinda interesting to play provided that narrator can be turned off. Strangely, Biomutant reminded me of this, pretty similar slop but Horizon got saved due to more fleshed out systems and an insanely higher budget.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Couldn’t bother to fix Aloys child version fat fucking head.

No one asked for this. I hope it sells 0 copies and Hulst gets fired.

Him and Spencer are a cancer on the industry. Fuck them both.

Kataploom

Gold Member
They said in the trailer it has more than 10 hours of additional dialogs, that's like gatekeeping me, as if dialogs weren't insufferable enough already 😂

Vick

Gold Member
Gaming has never been in a worse state than it is right now.
I agree.

But is that because console games have now a chance to visually improve, something only PC hardware and Mods allowed before? From a studio specialized in ports?

I see this (mostly unneeded) Remaster as nothing more than a welcome addition for those who might be interested in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom