• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Announced | State of pLay

Vick

Gold Member
RJnfVdR.jpeg
Good job.
We were talking Frozen Wilds though, which is considerably harder than the main game.

Vick

Gold Member
You can't turn down the difficulty from UH and UH came out before FzW, so I did all of FzW on UH.
Good job then. Completing 100% that shit at Ultra-Hard + no reticle made me pretty damn proud.

I don't think I managed to get Gold at the trials though.. but if I'm not mistaken that's considered to be literally impossible so I didn't bother.

solecon64

LMAO they are using the Forbidden West face for Aloy

No thanks Sony

Sony are just so far gone, man. I saw that comparison video between the original game and the remaster and I actually thought it was fake. I get them ignoring the memes and complaints about the Fatloy of Forbidden West, but the fact that they went out of their way to change the original character into that for the remaster...

And then we get people asking why anyone would possibly think Ghost of Yotei will be woke. Take a wild fucking guess, guys.

Vick

Gold Member
Sony are just so far gone, man. I saw that comparison video between the original game and the remaster and I actually thought it was fake. I get them ignoring the memes and complaints about the Fatloy of Forbidden West, but the fact that they went out of their way to change the original character into that for the remaster...

And then we get people asking why anyone would possibly think Ghost of Yotei will be woke. Take a wild fucking guess, guys.
Trolling, or?

WKEn8LK.png

Only change between Zero Dawn and Forbidden West's Aloy are next gen textures/shaders and peach fuzz..

Of course they would use PS5 texture/shaders on a PS5 Remaster.

Someone at Sony is obsessed with this game and want to convert it to a cult classic or something.
Can you blame them, when the first entry of your new IP sells 25 million copies?

Nydius

Read the room dude, nobody wanted this and people have been complaining since the rumor of a remake of this piece of shit game got out.

The irrational, delusional hatred this game gets by people such as yourself will never cease to entertain.

You didn’t care for it and that’s fine. But to sit here and call it “mid” and “shit” when it’s objectively one of the best sellers in PlayStation’s first party stable shows how you’ve allowed your irrational hate to divorce you from reality.

HZD, 25 million across PS and PC. HFW, 9 million on PS alone, we don’t have numbers yet on PC sales. While I don’t think they’ll ever be able to make Aloy as interesting to the brand as someone like Kratos, I doubt any of the PS3 era games you’re clamoring for would sell anywhere close to what the Horizon franchise has.

Fabieter

Herman Hulst - PlayStation GAAS to release day and date on PC, SP games "at least one year" after console release​

Another 4545646th lie by this tasteless Concord stan, Fuck This guy honestly.

Hes basically playstations spencer so not shocked.

midnightAI

I mean.. That wasn’t speculation on my part. That’s what they said during the announcement.
Hmmm, cool, thats interesting, they do have their own mo-cap studio though so unless they get all the actors in again that should still be relatively cheap. Anyway, not my worry, seems like a worthwhile update for a tenner.

sncvsrtoip

Good that Nixxes was responsible for remastering, first thing they do for playstation players. Maybe give them chance to do own title.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don’t understand how people get up for all these remasters. At some point it’s just tiresome and the idea of spending valuable time replaying games I’ve already played just doesn’t have the appeal. We aren’t talking about Soul Reaver which came out 800 years ago.

The irrational, delusional hatred this game gets by people such as yourself will never cease to entertain.

You didn’t care for it and that’s fine. But to sit here and call it “mid” and “shit” when it’s objectively one of the best sellers in PlayStation’s first party stable shows how you’ve allowed your irrational hate to divorce you from reality.

HZD, 25 million across PS and PC. HFW, 9 million on PS alone, we don’t have numbers yet on PC sales. While I don’t think they’ll ever be able to make Aloy as interesting to the brand as someone like Kratos, I doubt any of the PS3 era games you’re clamoring for would sell anywhere close to what the Horizon franchise has.
It’s a good game. Not so good that Sony needs to assault us with this franchise every year. If HFW also sold half of what HZD did, that is a problem for them but they don’t seem to see that.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I don’t understand how people get up for all these remasters. At some point it’s just tiresome and the idea of spending valuable time replaying games I’ve already played just doesn’t have the appeal. We aren’t talking about Soul Reaver which came out 800 years ago.
Because its only a tenner and makes the base game look better? Its the price of 2-3 pints.

I played this when it first came out seven years ago, only played through it once so I do not mind playing through that game again at all. I wasnt going to get it but for a tenner I may as well.

"Aloy, my wife and her boyfriend left just before the winter snow, and I don't have enough thread to sew all these garments. You're stronger and better than me, please can you help?"

Every sidequest in this game.

Nigel

The attention this series gets is insane while every other actual iconic Sony IP is neglected. Where’s infamous, Uncharted or BLOODBORNE?! I’m sick of seeing Aloy, I see her more than my fucking father at this point.

Nydius

The attention this series gets is insane while every other actual iconic Sony IP is neglected. Where’s infamous, Uncharted or BLOODBORNE?!

Infamous and Bloodborne sure but Uncharted?

Remember how people gave Sony all kinds of shit for remastering The Last of Us for PS4, then doing it again for PS5? That’s what you’re asking for them to do with Uncharted.

They released a slightly upgraded PS4 Nathan Drake Collection prior to Uncharted 4. When they remastered Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy for PS5, people gave Sony shit making the exact same complaints as they’re doing in this thread, calling it greedy or useless or unnecessary.

Now people are begging for a remaster of a PS4 collection remaster?

Edit:
If HFW also sold half of what HZD did, that is a problem for them but they don’t seem to see that.

The only problem I see is you’re failing to account for time. 25 million over 7 years on console and PC versus 9 million over 2 years on consoles only. The original HZD sold 10 million by its second anniversary so Forbidden West is on a similar trajectory as the first game.

Last edited:
For 10 bucks it's nice, i wish more stubborn devs (ahem Rockstar) will offer this if they are not willing to patch their games for free. I'll pass on this one as i don't need it for now.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This was a fun platinum aside from getting all of those blazing sun marks for the trials.

Sucks I was just running through Frozen Wilds back in March. Oh well. Here we go again.

I missed the game breaking whistle in Forbidden West so I hope it's intact here as it should be,

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone answer this question if this has been mentioned anywhere.

- Those who own the base PS4 version, not the Complete one, are they eligible for the $10 upgrade which also apparently includes the Frozen Wilds DLC? -

I already own the DLC from back when it came out so this scenario doesn't apply to me, but seems like the folks who only had the base version are getting the best deal.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Devs have to be careful with these remakes/remasters. Even if the new rendering tech additions are "more advanced", the art style has to be in alignment. Sadly, that isn't the case here imo. There are numerous areas where the two clash and result in a net negative from a presentation perspective.

midnightAI

Devs have to be careful with these remakes/remasters. Even if the new rendering tech additions are "more advanced", the art style has to be in alignment. Sadly, that isn't the case here imo. There are numerous areas where the two clash and result in a net negative from a presentation perspective.
No? We know exactly what it will look like (mostly).. Forbidden West

I don't see how this clashes, the same as how it works perfectly fine for TLoU Part 1. It should work perfectly fine bringing up a part 1 game on last gen tech to part 2 levels using current gen tech so long as it's using the same engine (different engine can work but you have to cater more for the differences)

ChiefDada

Gold Member
No? We know exactly what it will look like (mostly).. Forbidden West

I don't see how this clashes, the same as how it works perfectly fine for TLoU Part 1. It should work perfectly fine bringing up a part 1 game on last gen tech to part 2 levels using current gen tech so long as it's using the same engine (different engine can work but you have to cater more for the differences)

I personally think it clashes with Zero Dawn legacy art/tech. Particularly the hero lighting for Rost and young Aloy during cutscenes. It works well for Forbidden West because of course it was built for it in mind but it often looks weird in multiple parts of the remaster trailer. Most of the gameplay sequences look great though. I'm sure I'll dive in later down the line, it's just something I noticed.

Top Bottom