• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
good scores. is it known what advantages the pro version will offer on a 1080p screen?

We're told in reviewer documents that a Performance mode will be added to Pro in a day zero patch that locks to 1080p for a higher framerate (presumably, between 60 and 30, since it's already pretty much locked at 30).

good scores. is it known what advantages the pro version will offer on a 1080p screen?

Downsampling, better textures, AA and AF, and I believe better draw distances, plus with the day one patch there's to be a performance boost mode added, but we don't know exactly what effect that will have yet, since locked 60fps seems unlikely and it's already about as rock solid a 30fps as can be expected.

Anticol

Banned
88 in the Metacritic is good now? Or is this game getting a free pass just because?

Yeah, I'm with you m8 88 is a complete failure. Let's see what else was trash:

- Mario Kart 8 - 88
- Super Mario Maker - 88
- Pikmin 3 - 87
- Xenoblade Chronicles X - 84
- New Super Mario Bros Wiuu - 84

And the list goes and goes, completely disgusting, remind me again hwy Nintendo keep making all this trash?

/s

Permanently A

Its wild how Giant Bomb's review says Jeff barely used the ropecaster in favor of melee attacks, while Easy Allies review describes the ropecaster as "indispensable." Really speaks to me about just how varied the gameplay can be.

Speely

Banned
So awesome to see this getting such amazing reviews. I was secretely worried about ambition outpacing design, but it looks like GG nailed it. Keep it going!!

VanWinkle

- Mario Kart 8 - 88
- Super Mario Maker - 88
- Pikmin 3 - 87

And the list goes and goes, completely disgusting, remind me again hwy Nintendo keep making all this trash?

/s

In addition:
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - 83
- Yoshi's Woolly World - 78
- Splatoon - 81

etc. etc.

Curious about his thoughts for these games.

Actually, is Mario 3D World the only Wii U exclusive to score higher than Horizon? It might be. (edit: no, Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 also)

88 in the Metacritic is good now? Or is this game getting a free pass just because?

Alright, I'll bite!

DooMAGE
(Today, 10:51 PM)
image.php

Holy hell at some of the landscapes in the EZA review, like wow. I'll admit the diversity of the environments has caught me by surprise. The level of scale looks nuts. Guerrilla seems to have a near photorealistic day/night cycle going on and every weather effect you can imagine is implemented.

MADGAME

Few different sets with various versions. Not huge by any means and it'd a simple one and done change for the whole body. Not peice by peice.
Have you acquired/used a bow that Aloy holds vertical as opposed to horizontal, which has been shown in most of the footage?

AdropOFvenom

Neo Member
God I hate that this game is coming out like 3 days before Zelda. I need more time to dedicate to both of them.

Or you know, I'll still be playing one of them in April.

Good problems to have.

I-hate-u

So we all know how they hired outstanding writers for the story, how about for the sequel they hire Itsuno to oversee some CHURAZZY melee combo system integration?

RootCause

God I hate that this game is coming out like 3 days before Zelda. I need more time to dedicate to both of them.

Good problems to have.
I thought this was coming out on March 3. :0

Damn! Excited. I have the CE preordered on Amazon. Do you think it's safe to upgrade the shipping speed?

- Mario Kart 8 - 88
- Super Mario Maker - 88
- Pikmin 3 - 87

/s

In addition:
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - 83
- Yoshi's Woolly World - 78
- Splatoon - 81

etc. etc.

Curious about his thoughts for these games.

Actually, is Mario 3D World the only Wii U exclusive to score higher than Horizon? It might be. (edit: no, Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 also)

You guys are doing good work. I think some people still don't realize that an average in the high 80's in this day and age is the new normal for a great game . If you manage to score in the 90's, it's a pretty incredible accomplishment.

VanWinkle

Good problems to have.

When I'm feeling like playing on the TV, I will play Horizon. When I'm away from the TV, like lying down to sleep, I will be playing Zelda on the Switch.

Skux

The better the reviews, the earlier the embargo, the longer the wait 😭😭😭

Now all we need is an incredible launch trailer using a cover of a classic song, and the hype circle will be complete.

VanWinkle

I thought this was a troll attempt but after reading his post history, I think he's serious, guys...

Oh, there's no doubt whatsoever that he's serious. And it's hilarious how blinded by fanboyism he is that he doesn't think, "hmm, maybe I shouldn't say that, considering 90% of games from my company of choice don't score higher than what I'm belittling."

En-ou

Ah, review scores and gamerankings nonsense...I do not give a shit about those.
Some of you spend a lot of time grieving over that huh...

If there is one thing I trust when it comes to film and games is to never trust review scores.

Floody

Ah, review scores and gamerankings nonsense...I do not give a shit about those.
Some of you spend a lot of time grieving over that huh...

If there is one thing I trust when it comes to film and games is to never trust review scores.

Sooo... why are you in a review thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom