• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
So I'm in trouble here. I still haven't played Witcher 3 and the biggest complaint about 2 was the inventory system and combat gameplay. I've read from here that the game play in Witcher 3 is just serviceable. I plan on buying it in the next steam sale, but I'm afraid that Horizon is going to ruin that game for me because of its fun, chaotic gameplay

So I'm in trouble here. I still haven't played Witcher 3 and the biggest complaint about 2 was the inventory system and combat gameplay. I've read from here that the game play in Witcher 3 is just serviceable. I plan on buying it in the next steam sale, but I'm afraid that Horizon is going to ruin that game for me because of its fun, chaotic gameplay

You should go into Witcher 3 expecting just serviceable combat but fantastic writing and world atmosphere. Judging by most reviews Horizon wouldn't "ruin" W3 for you if you go in with a focus on the narrative and it's overall world.

Horizon does seem to have much more fun gameplay though

30-50+ seems to be quoted the most, like any large game depends how much exploring, side stuff you do.

This is still just shocking to me. I assumed, with what we get with most single player games, that this one, story wise, could clock in about 15 hours. Side missions and collectibles could push it further.

However, when we started getting leaks about how long the game was, I was surprised, and totally excited. I also haven't really seen reviews saying this game is drawn out, or long in the tooth in those 25 hours plus. Which is even more impressive.

I cannot wait for this game.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Amazing reviews, with the only things holding people back seeming to mostly be the fact the game is very much like Far Cry (like it's a dirty word these days or something). The praise is mostly great for the story too, but like any story I generally like, it's divisive with some (these are typically the ones I like the best for some reason lol).

Far Cry 1/2/3/4 were some of my favourite gaming memories ever, absolutely can't wait for this to arrive in the mail!

This is still just shocking to me. I assumed, with what we get with most single player games, that this one, story wise, could clock in about 15 hours. Side missions and collectibles could push it further.

However, when we started getting leaks about how long the game was, I was surprised, and totally excited. I also haven't really seen reviews saying this game is drawn out, or long in the tooth in those 25 hours plus. Which is even more impressive.

It is an RPG though...can't remember any RPG taking only ~15 hours to complete: I think a lot of people are forgetting it's not just an action game.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
It's 30 hours main story and 60 hours 100% but depends
For example, Kotaku 60hours get 80%

r8er34

slow-clap-gif.gif

Ploid 3.0

That first concept art thread is fun to read over, knowing what we know of Horizon now. I love walks in the past by reading gaf. Usually I do it when I binge watch a season of a popular show that I'm late to. Heck I can do it now just by looking at old E3 speculation hype threads. The beauty of Gaf archived threads. Thank goodness they are rarely deleted, if ever.

Damn.

I got a rule that I don't buy a console unless it has 10 exclusives I want, but this is pretty tempting.

Very good rule too. No only do you not get disappointed in a new game, but you know exactly what the games are since they have been out for a while. Who know, maybe a week for now there will be a crippling bug in Horizon and it ruins it for a majority of the players.

Grisby

Nice. Looking forward to this next Tuesday.

Feel like this is finally going to be the Guerilla game that knocks it out of the park. I'm glad they seemed to have done a great job in their first open-world outing.

One of the thing's I hope for is that there's some charm and humor. Stuff like the Witcher and Bioware's games nail that aspect.

The salt over this game doing well really is something. Casually checked a gaming forum that shall rename nameless (one I don't really frequent), and it's SJW this, SJW that.

I have a Pro. I have a 4K TV. I'm ready. I also have the dentist the day it comes out but we'll gloss over that. 1st March cannot come soon enough.

Ploid 3.0

Poor Killzone 2 seems it is destined for obscurity.

KZ2's multiplayer floored me with it's dynamic objectives and awesome classes. Good freaking times. These days I'm not much of a fan of competitive MP, also I didn't consider getting PS+. I mainly game on PC now especially online, though someone else got PS+ here so I now have access, but I'm not happy they made that mistake. (Darn you Overwatch free weekend. I knew to keep the crack away, but I was stupid).

60 hours for everything sounds perfect for me. Not too short and not too long, just right.

I'll be ready to jump into ME Andromeda by the time I finish Horizon. And Persona 5 after that.

Nowadays I'm still busy with Nioh, wrapping up the last region. And I still have Yakuza 0 in my backlog.

59b8b49a11faeed6ed7a2e5ecd1ec028.425x283x1.jpg

This early 2017 is gonna be legendary.

darkwing

60 hours for everything sounds perfect for me. Not too short and not too long, just right.

I'll be ready to jump into ME Andromeda by the time I finish Horizon. And Persona 5 after that.

Nowadays I'm still busy with Nioh, wrapping up the last region. And I still have Yakuza 0 in my backlog.

59b8b49a11faeed6ed7a2e5ecd1ec028.425x283x1.jpg

This early 2017 is gonna be legendary.

you forgot Nier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom