• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
I feel you tbh. I find playing games on PC to be more relaxing and enjoyable and private compared to playing them on console. If there was a way to stream my games from PS4 to PC I would do that for every game.

There is a way, but it would involve getting a decent capture card.

But hey, if you can justify it you can also improve the IQ on all of your games:

http://ptbi.metaclassofnil.com/

I'd love to do it personally but it's a step too far considering all of my gaming hardware (including my gaming PC) is discreetly hiding away I'm my living room.

Cleve

How the fuck is February so hot games wise? I'm never going to be able to play everything.
That post from DooMAGE. a real "Joke's on them, I was only pretending." moment.

Alright, I'll bite!

DooMAGE
(Today, 10:51 PM)
image.php

You scared the poor boy off lol.

How the fuck is February so hot games wise? I'm never going to be able to play everything.

Finances are stable again after the holidays, and winter weather is usually a good justification for staying inside and playing games. 2009 had SF IV, Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 in a three-week timespan.

Permanently A

There is a way, but it would involve getting a decent capture card.

But hey, if you can justify it you'll can also improve the IQ on all of your games:

http://ptbi.metaclassofnil.com/

I'd love to do it personally but it's a step too far considering all of my gaming hardware (including my gaming PC) is discreetly hiding away I'm my living room.

Hm, interesting. I'll have to look into a good capture card. Wasn't aware this was actually possible.

Zushin

Just started uni, started new job, gonna have no time buuuut my co-workers from my old job just gave me $60 AUD PSN credit as a goodbye gift and I have $15 on there already so....

Nioh or Horizon that is the question.

The Lamp

I thought you were by the end 24 hours ago, so I take It the story is just really good throughout?

I had to stop near the end and pick up again tonight and it still won't end and oooooooooo brothers and sisters. My praise flag is flying high tonight. I'm glad I got to play through this kind of story instead of watch or read it.

Fat4all

Banned

I went with holding off on Nioh for now, but that's only because I've got a shit ton to play already. I'm almost done with Yakuza 0, just beat GR2 and HW 2, and I'm also getting Zelda and Nier. It's gonna be a good spring/summer of back cataloge for me.

B.O.O.M

Btw I want to take a moment to appreciate the work being done by Loudninja in this thread. All the key quotes he is posting has been very helpful. So props!

I had to stop near the end and pick up again tonight and it still won't end and oooooooooo brothers and sisters. My praise flag is flying high tonight. I'm glad I got to play through this kind of story instead of watch or read it.

I've heard quite a few people say theres a point in the game where you feel like youre at the final mission but theres surprisingly a handful left after that

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-review-roundup/1100-6448021/
never saw the EuroGamer review
"Horizon Zero Dawn is a work of considerable finesse and technical bravado, but it falls into the trap of past Guerrilla games in being all too forgettable.
man they have it out for GG lol

The One and Done™;230707163 said:
Whoever put this gif together is amazing. Almost look like she's throwing a baby in the fire forreal lol.

ummm

tmac456

This fucking plot omg
I don't want this game to end!!!
One of my favorite video game stories in years.

I don't have a 4k TV yet but your impressions of this game have me seriously considering going into gamestop in the next couple days to cash in on their PS4 trade-in offer and buy a Pro

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
The IGN Review video has already 577k views... damn, reviews are a serious business isnt it?
Even Nioh review got 450K , exclusive game review usually get more attention

Zushin

I went with holding off on Nioh for now, but that's only because I've got a shit ton to play already. I'm almost done with Yakuza 0, just beat GR2 and HW 2, and I'm also getting Zelda and Nier. It's gonna be a good spring/summer of back cataloge for me.

Fuck, forgot about Yakuza. Why did I enrol into university during this gaming renaissance? :|

Floody

The IGN Review video has already 577k views... damn, reviews are a serious business isnt it?

Kinda crazy how much bigger people like Angry Joe are though, he hasn't reviewed Horizon yet, but I'll be shocked if within the first 24 hours his hasn't easily doubled that.

Fat4all

Banned
Fuck, forgot about Yakuza. Why did I enrol into university during this gaming renaissance? :|

It's crazy how packed this year is looking so far.

It's a good fucking thing I got a bonus last payday, or I'd probably not be getting Horizon or Nier until later in the year.

It's crazy how packed this year is looking so far.

It's a good fucking thing I got a bonus last payday, or I'd probably not be getting Horizon or Nier until later in the year.

Every big release so far is like 25+ hours long . And next few games are likely to also be in the 40+ hour range.

Looking back at that expectations thread
My expectations?

- An interesting world to explore, with tons of little details and touches
- Interesting lore that takes advantage of the far future setting
- Intense skillful combat
- Varied and complex interactions between machines
- Gorgeous graphics

Anything else, like a good story, is just icing
I'm pretty excited that it sounds that not only did they nail all of these things, but actually pulled off an awesome sci-fi story that doesn't avoid the compelling potential of its far-future world, while also working on the personal intimate scale with Aloy

That lore is your main collectibles here means I will be trying to seek out every collectible.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Kinda crazy how much bigger people like Angry Joe are though, he hasn't reviewed Horizon yet, but I'll be shocked if within the first 24 hours his hasn't easily doubled that.
Angry Joe bigger than IGN? please....
Joe only has 2M subscriber ,how could be 1M viewers in 24hours?

NEO0MJ

For real. More games interested me in the first third of this year than the entirety of last year.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just started uni, started new job, gonna have no time buuuut my co-workers from my old job just gave me $60 AUD PSN credit as a goodbye gift and I have $15 on there already so....

Nier Automata, Horizon and Nioh.....all of the above

Juicy Bob

I'm not particularly interested in this game myself, but I know that GAF has been super excited about Horizon for years now and it's great to see a high-profile game that a lot of people are hyped on appear to live up to the lofty expectations.

Gradly

Looking back at that expectations

I'm pretty excited that it sounds that not only did they nail all of these things, but actually pulled off an awesome sci-fi story that doesn't avoid the compelling potential of its far-future world, while also working on the personal intimate scale with Aloy.

That lore is your main collectibles here means I will be trying to seek out every collectible.

Generally I care less about stories in games but I was surprised the story here got so much praise, some even mentioned that it gets better in the second half. This is a challenge for GG to top in Horizon 2

Angry Joe reviews are an event. Even when his fans don't intend to buy them, they'll watch it because it's entertaining. And it helps that his reviews are legitimately good most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom