• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to notice lens flare effects in games, but YO this is some nice lens flare.

YHzBDaD.gif

Rise of the Tomb Raider levels of greatness.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
No, and he has a video on who gets copies and why. Check out his channel.

ACG didn't get a copy, but there are some very random as channels (I've seen some with 9-10 subscribers?) getting review copies......so very, very weird.

I'm trying to put myself in the PR guys shoes for a second, and see how not giving ACG a copy helps the game launch, I'm guessing Karak would rate a buy (I can't see the game getting a wait for sale from anyone except USgamer/Eurogamer, the odd twins lol), so it would of been a good extra promotional push for the game for sure.

Maybe his in-depth analysis is too deep in some PR person's thinking...that's about all I can think of, so weird/unfortunate (would love to hear an ACG review on Horizon!).

Aikidoka

Was there ever a reason given for Guerilla trying to hide that Ashley Burch was Aloy? "hide" may not be the right term, but they kept brushing off people asking if it was Ashley.

DKL

Was there ever a reason given for Guerilla trying to hide that Ashley Burch was Aloy? "hide" may not be the right term, but they kept brushing off people asking if it was Ashley.

Possibly the same reason why she tries to hide that's she's Mayuri in Steins;Gate?

Like an SAG thing or whatever.

Hydrargyrus

This title is going to change GG forever.
It has so much potential as a franchise that, if GG do the things right, could be doing sequels for a lot of years without being repetitive

Radec

I'm not one to notice lens flare effects in games, but YO this is some nice lens flare.

YHzBDaD.gif

Guerrilla needs to get better lenses.

I wish devs will stop adding these.
Lens makers are improving glass just to remove or lessen the flare, then game devs intentionally adding adding them lol.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Guerrilla needs to get better lenses.

I wish devs will stop adding these.
Lens makers are adding glass just to remove or lessen the flare, then game devs intentionally adding adding them lol.

its called cinematography. as visuals and cinematic quality in games gets better, games become more like movies in many ways, its inevitable for many bigger productions

Thoraxes

I'm surprised it's reviewing as well as it is. I found almost all of the preview footage to be really boring, so reading these reviews seem to paint a completely different picture.

I'll still just wait till it's $20 to pick up, but it's nice to know that the $20 I spend on it will likely be worth it.

I'm surprised it's reviewing as well as it is. I found almost all of the preview footage to be really boring, so reading these reviews seem to paint a completely different picture.

I'll still just wait till it's $20 to pick up, but it's nice to know that the $20 I spend on it will likely be worth it.

this

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.

image.php

Aweeeeee, tell us how you really feel.

Speaking of Horizon, I DID IT! pre-load t-minus 2/26.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You guys do realize that images that are under spoiler tags do not work on mobile, right?

As in, they are shown automatically like regular images.

MadD4mon

I will be getting this game and play it as soon as the Switch launch stuff is over with, and I've gotten through Zelda. I'm particularly poor at the moment but as soon as I get the chance I'll pick it up. Looks like a super unique experience. I'm a little sad I only have the standard PS4 paired with a 4k TV, but I can't buy another console at the moment, especially one into which I've already invested money. Still, I would love to see the upgrade in person somehow.

I'm in the same spot. The screenshots and videos on Pro look really great but I just can't justify another console so close to the Switch launch. But still... *nghh*

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
To be perfectly honest, terrain geometry and textures don't look too hot here. :/

i dunno what pics your seeing, i thought the top one was actually a real life picture wondering what it was doing in the thread for a second

I knew that this game would look awesome graphically, but i was worried about the story and mainly using a bow and arrow the whole time, but these reviews are overall very positive. I just pre-ordered it with amazon prime and got 20% off

Can't wait to play it.

HeelPower

Horizon |OT| Likely Worth $20

Permanently A

Kinda wish I had a Pro now. I know this game is gonna have a tough time with my launch era PS4.

Has gamestop or anyone done a trade in deal to upgrade to a Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom