• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, only bought WiiU out of Nintendo major consoles which still sitting wrapped in the box since launch. ( opened to try a few gms, and back in the box )

Try to get into marios..etc its not my cup of tea, style, gameplay and mainly aimed at 10yr olds.

Watched a few vid previews of this Zelda gm and gtfo youd pay me i wouldn't go near this thing..Why is this kiddie gm even mentioned in the same sentence as Horizon? which is dark, gritty, smart and rich world in every aspect..difference is night and day.

This reads like a parody post.

EhoaVash

With ps4 install base being what 60 million I think it'll pass Zelda in sales

With horizon I'm most looking forward to the story /character development. I think I'll skip the sidequesting etc in order to beat the game early so I can play Zelda.

With Zelda, I'm looking forward to the gameplay the most, finally a Zelda with modern RPG elements should be hella good.

That's crazy, are people really calling Horizon barren? The game is so dense with geometry filling the whole screen. Surprised this is even the regular ps4 version.
7d09948e_o.png

These Horizon/ Zelda arguments remind me of this gif.

RAhDJ67.gif

Just replace PS4 with Horizon, XB1 with Zelda and PC with "both" lol.
I'm not following, there isn't a pc game that currently looks as good as Horizon on the pro.

Please don't crucify me for bringing up Zelda yet again but apparently, it was good for Horizon that it got reviewed before Zelda. If not, it would have been a 7/10 game.
https://twitter.com/BasedVidya/status/835245482440069123
Look at the responses below. He is just talking about the previews that mentioned that "simple" thing. It is nonsense.

Turning into a 7/10.....what does that even mean?!

After Zelda, Witcher 3 is a 6, After Splatoon 2, Overwatch will be probably a 5.
lol

I'll definitely agree that it shouldn't fixate 100% on Zelda, but for as long as the conversation lasts there's something to be learned by observing how two different games approach game design, where they succeed and fail, and where they merge and vary.

There are other comparisons to make with different games!
For example, this Forbes articles that takes some weaker characteristics of HZD and compares them at surface level to the corresponding current "state of the art" in videogames (each being the speciality of a different game).

HZD's speciality in my opinion would be a strong sense of design (robots, Aloy), helped by the visuals.

Lifeline

It's a random Twitter guy basing his opinion on some previews he read. Seriously, this is what we've come down to in this fanboy warz

Honestly, only bought WiiU out of Nintendo major consoles which still sitting wrapped in the box since launch. ( opened to try a few gms, and back in the box )

Try to get into marios..etc its not my cup of tea, style, gameplay and mainly aimed at 10yr olds.

Watched a few vid previews of this Zelda gm and gtfo youd pay me i wouldn't go near this thing..Why is this kiddie gm even mentioned in the same sentence as Horizon? which is dark, gritty, smart and rich world in every aspect..difference is night and day.

It appears I've stumbled onto GameFAQS.

Dragnipur

Neo Member

I feel bad for you..

jrush64

Banned
There is like waaaay too much Zelda talk in this thread now. Let's get back to talking about Zeld- sorry Horizon please.

A question, i haven't seen much of this game cus i want to go in fresh. Is there like a large variety of robot dinosaurs in this game?

There is like waaaay too much Zelda talk in this thread now. Let's get back to talking about Zeld- sorry Horizon please.

A question, i haven't seen much of this game cus i want to go in fresh. Is there like a large variety of robot dinosaurs in this game?

I am to blame for this.

The amount of unique robots is

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This thread was supposed to be about Horizon reviews. Cut out the system war bullshit or the thread will be locked.

robotrock

Banned
That's crazy, are people really calling Horizon barren? The game is so dense with geometry filling the whole screen. Surprised this is even the regular ps4 version.
7d09948e_o.png
i'm such a sucker for good ass foliage. god i dont even care if the game really sucks like that US gamer score implies, just give me the good foliage

seriously looks amazing

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Zelda looks phenomenal, but people are hyping themselves to a point that I could see the backlash and disappointment coming after release.
It happens with every Zelda. Previews come out stating it's the best since OoT, and then a few months later some people start to shit on it.

It's not even necessarily exclusive to Zelda.

Servbot24

Banned
7d09948e_o.png

I'm not following, there isn't a pc game that currently looks as good as Horizon on the pro.

I don't know if the game is barren or not, but when someone says an open world game is barren, they're not saying it is lacking in awesome-looking grass. They're usually saying there are not enough notable things to do. Again, no idea if that's the case in Horizon, but that image doesn't address the criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom