• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically this isn't even a boss fight is it? Are there even bosses in this game? Lol

Not in the traditional sense no (unless there is a final boss). I mean any of the big robots are better than most boss battles in other games. If a boss fight for you means a battle against a unique enemy that only appears in a specific moment then these are not bosses but there are things even bigger than that... and it's like an amazing boss battle.

The Last of Us review thread is my favorite thread I've ever read on here.

I completely get why the 'hype' threads were eliminated on here but a part of me misses then.

BTW OG PS4 works amazing 99% of the time with this game but I am in a cauldron with a ton of shit going on and it's noticeably chugging. Really the majority of the game handled the frame rate perfectly, I guess this spot is just too much.

BTW OG PS4 works amazing 99% of the time with this game but I am in a cauldron with a ton of shit going on and it's noticeably chugging. Really the majority of the game handled the frame rate perfectly, I guess this spot is just too much.

I won't have my Pro until March 18th, really wondering if I should play it on regular PS4 or not or just wait. Any PS4 v PS4 Pro comparison screenshots? Of the downsampling etc.

Not in the traditional sense no (unless there is a final boss). I mean any of the big robots are better than most boss battles in other games. If a boss fight for you means a battle against a unique enemy that only appears in a specific moment then these are not bosses but there are things even bigger than that... and it's like an amazing boss battle.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| Everything Was Boss

Game sits at #660 on all time games in MC, the latest 89 game is at #613. It was #683 before Gaming Age A grade, so, we need aproximately two more 10s and imagine an Edge 9 and we're at 89 baby (there will be like 10 or more reviews probably :p).

The thrill!

(I've already explained why I do care about this, not a big deal).

bubumiao

I won't have my Pro until March 18th, really wondering if I should play it on regular PS4 or not or just wait. Any PS4 v PS4 Pro comparison screenshots? Of the downsampling etc.

Do you have a 4K/HDR TV? I'd wait if you do.

I'm not getting my KS8000 probably til early April, but the game is on its way from best buy. I'm planning to wait myself, but I'll be tempted to play a little in 1080p. Nevertheless, I'm gonna wait it out and be blown away by the 4K + HDR.

I'd recommend you wait too... If you can resist.

III-V

My order just shipped from Best Buy earlier today. Please break that street date baby daddy rollin seven, seven-eleven, seven-eleven, seven even back do lil joe

nah, better than Bloodborne? 9 fake news sources say no.

I've been visiting these forums for 6 years now. Had no idea... Lol.

wtf I too just learned Neogaf was a forum on a gaming website. insert mind blown gif here.

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE

Nice, guerrilla deserves it.
Also if any of those people bothered to read spoiler free impressions thread, horizon's world is not barren at all; both graphically and things to do

Reggae_m4.jpg
+
399725-300x300.png

1408.gif
Okay I'll bite. Wtf are you trying to say

I received my copy early from Best Buy. I'm in on two bottles of wine buy this thing looks and sounds fucking incredible. I'm playing on. 65" lg OLED.

The game just looks stunning. Blows away anything I play on my PC! I'm astounded that this is what the PS4 Pro is capable of. The game itself is also HIGHLY engaging.

Also, this is the best implementation of HDR I've seen since the Dolby Vision on our Vudu copy of Secret Life of Pets....It is BEAUTIOUS!

Kalentan

Oh yeah! My amazon order just shipped out! I'll probably get the game on Monday night !

Man mine hasn't even began shipping yet. Says it will today but I'm losing out on hope.

Ordered the Collectors edition too which, when it comes to bigger packages, makes me always wary of Amazon delievering on time.

Two things:
1) That thumbnail looks dumb af
2) It doesn't matter if you borrow lots of elements from other games (lots of other games do) but it is how you execute them i.e making tower climbing fun and cool (based on danny o'dwyer's spoiler free appraisal)

Now as far I recall gameranx has been bagging on this game for weeks now

Slant Magazine Review 5/5

The fact that Guerilla Games has created one of the most vibrant and beautifully envisioned open worlds in a video game to date, and that this is one of the least impressive things about Horizon Zero Dawn, should speak volumes.

This game is, above all else, a narrative triumph: a nuanced hero's journey that blends tried-and-tested tribal fantasy tropes to a particularly poignant and humanistic brand of post-apocalyptic sci-fi.

This is the benchmark of the truly great open-world title: creating a world that captivates you just by the very act of having you feel as if you're living within it.

Capella

Two things:
1) That thumbnail looks dumb af
2) It doesn't matter if you borrow lots of elements from other games (lots of other games do) but it is how you execute them i.e making tower climbing fun and cool (based on danny o'dwyer's spoiler free appraisal)

Now as far I recall gameranx has been bagging on this game for weeks now
I think you should watch the video because within the first 30 secs he says it's really good before presenting what he feels are his pros and cons about the game...

Toronto Sun Review - 5/5

In Horizon Zero Dawn, there are robot animals to fight, bloodthirsty bandits to eliminate and millennium-spanning mysteries to uncover. Yet, every time I turned a corner in this lushly detailed video game world, I was sucked into some incredible new spectacle.

From the very beginning, Horizon Zero Dawn hooked me with its mysteries.

Everything is explained in time, in surprising plot chunks doled out over 30-plus hours of play. (I actually spent more than 60 hours with the game, trying to make it last as long as possible.)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn this game just keeps rolling them in. Really impressed by the near universal praise its getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom