• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew how hard it was to break 90+ until I saw this game's reviews lol

Outliers aside, there's still too much 8s in the overall median. A healthy amount of 9s and 10s are needed to break 90+. Which is why 90+ are more difficult for games to hit nowadays.

Hopefully Edge won't screw thing haha, a nine would be cool. There's Time left too and probably some more smaller sites. Maybe The Verge? I don't know.

Verge has no score.

gcFLT9Q.jpg

What is that? Don't answer if it's a game spoiler.

At this point I want to play already. After a long week of work it would be nice. Tuesday release dates don't really make sense anymore

Regarding the game borrowing from other games, I find the art direction and the general world of the game so refreshing. This game sort of had the No Man's Sky effect on people when it was announced as it captured everyone's imaginations with its robot dinosaurs and post apocalyptic setting that is unlike anything we've seen lately. I'm happy it delivered.

And to think after this we get to play Zelda as well :)

hairygreenpeas

Neo Member
Games need to come out on fridays. People got jobs and shit. Playing games during the week? Aint nobody got time fo dat!
Yes!

I barely have time to play on weekdays, so just the thought of potentially having to push back on playing the game on Friday kills me. Change this Tuesday nonsense practice pls.

Every Nintendo game launches on a Friday. Heck, Uncharted 4 launched on a Friday. ( Edit - Nope. It was originally set to release on a Friday, but got delayed) This Tuesday business definitely needs to stop. It's not the early 2000's anymore. Not every piece of media needs a Tuesday street date.

Alo0oy

Banned
I think you should watch the video because within the first 30 secs he says it's really good before presenting what he feels are his pros and cons about the game...

Gameranx has people like Ian Miles writing for them, I don't trust anything they say about this game.

PepperedHam

Yeah that's my response too. And I've seen people repost that shit on reddit everyday this week for some reason.
Were they posting it in Horizon related things?

Dude's bio says he does some concept art for games, that isn't what that picture is is it? Something related to the game in some way? I know there's no way to know for sure without either diving in/asking since there's no label.

I always end up getting spoiled on shit from out of the blue posts on here in places I shouldn't so you'd think I'd know enough to stay out of threads of games I'm planning on playing.

Was just a weird post out of the blue with no caption or anything is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom