• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

no.gif

No, he's right. Nioh is not a graphically particularly great looking game.

____

Finally scored a copy. Gonna dig into this in about an hour but on my brothers OG PS4 and kinda old Samsung 4K with no hdr.

When I get back home tonight I'll be on my KS8000 and pro. Kinda wanna wait but kinda don't.

xviper

WOW!
7d09948e_o.png

this looks like a masterpiece of a painting

i wonder how loud will my ps4 be when i play this magnificent game

reKon

Banned
This game really does look close to as good at that infamous gif of Geralt walking through the village (before the Witcher 3 downgrade).

This is kind of impossible to answer as neither game is out yet, but I wonder what people prefer: an open world with tons of visual details, environmental storytelling, and life - or one that isn't as robust in those areas but is very reactive to the player and the environment and overall is much more interactive?

ValfarHL

When does it release in US?
I'm considering cancelling my physical pre order, to go digital from US PSN.

The time in Norway is now 18:17. When will I be able to play?

ArchAngel

As someone who thought the demos and videos of the game were boring - and played 3h just now:
Holy cow. The sky, lighting and flair-effects in this game are incredible, the hunting is really really fun and I like Aloy. Didn't look as fun in the presentations to me, but this is reeeally good.

Beginning screenshot (spoiler):

This is kind of impossible to answer as neither game is out yet, but I wonder what people prefer: an open world with tons of visual details, environmental storytelling, and life - or one that isn't as robust in those areas but is very reactive to the player and the environment and overall is much more interactive?

The vast majority prefer the former I'd say based off the reception to the genre over the years.

Plus, lots of people hate on MGSV on GAF which fits in the latter.

It isn't an either or thing. Both are fantastic. Hitman's sandbox stages versus Stalker's world, etc

The vast majority prefer the former I'd say based off the reception to the genre over the years.

That's not why MGSV gets hate though, those aspects are what got the game praise. It gets hate for the lackluster story and character elements compared to previous titles.

But MGSV isn't very reactive. In the enemy bases, sure, but the rest of the world? It isn't a good example of the latter

Finally scored a copy. Gonna dig into this in about an hour but on my brothers OG PS4 and kinda old Samsung 4K with no hdr.

When I get back home tonight I'll be on my KS8000 and pro. Kinda wanna wait but kinda don't.

Do it! Play a bit then replay on your TV just to see the difference. Played on my gfs 1080p then on my JS8500 it was awesome to see how the game scales with hardware (with HDR as a nice bonus)

AMAZING, thank you so much sir

do you know if this is actually a in-game screenshot ?? because i kinda find it hard to believe that, it looks too good

Definitely in game, if you're on mobile it'll look even better because of the higher pixel density.

Can't wait to play more, doing some errands now and its killing me.

Lime

I'm seriously just so incredibly excited for the visual orgasm I'm going to have on Wednesday midnight. I've been trying to avoid any trailers or screenshots since reviews got published just to be even more wow'ed next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom