• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

When the release dates were set I actually felt sorry for GG going up against Zelda but now I feel sorry for Nintendo going up against Horizon. GG has really exceeded all expectations this time.
Both will do just fine. Zelda likely isn't going to tank in reviews in my eyes, so it will hold its ground quite alright.

Great reception from the gaming press, well done Guerrilla.

The first quarter of this year is stacked and my wallet can only take so much punishment, I just can't shake the feeling that when you take away how amazing the game looks it's still going to play like every other open world game, so for now Horizon you'll have to wait.

Despite reviews saying otherwise....

ISee

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have a PS4 vs PRO frame-rate analysis video coming in a couple hours for DF. Then, on Wednesday or Thursday, I'll have a full breakdown of the visuals similar to what I did for Uncharted 4.

As always. Thx.

mingo

Another game I have to buy now.... Wallet am cry. Unfortunately this will have to wait tho. Switch and Zelda gets my money for march. Won't be able to play both at the same time.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just wanted to chime in and say that I have a PS4 vs PRO frame-rate analysis video coming in a couple hours for DF. Then, on Wednesday or Thursday, I'll have a full breakdown of the visuals similar to what I did for Uncharted 4.

Awesome.

Is this with the Pro frame rate patch in place?

BigEmil

USGamer is clickbait don't click on that article people and if you do remember to put adblock on. They did a 2.5/5 so 5/10? Bullshit

Conduit

Banned

Hope that you will test frame-rate mode on Pro and release a video.

Godan

Nothing less objective than doing this to decide if you buy a game or not. Like seriously

Well when you are on the fence about it and then spend £45 on a game that turns out to be shit. End of the day its been working for me so far stayed clear of the games that turned out shit ie NMS

The Pope

I am pretty sure Zelda will be better received regardless of its quality. However in terms of sales, which will sell better? I think Horizon could sell 4 million this year. Maybe 6 million lifetime. Zelda should be in a similar ball park correct? I am assuming the Switch is not going to light the world on fire.

I am pretty sure Zelda will be better received regardless of its quality. However in terms of sales, which will sell better. I think Horizon could sell 4 million this year. Maybe 6 million lifetime. Zelda should be in a similar ball park correct? I am assuming the Switch is going to light the world on fire.

Lets not do this please.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Much appreciated, thank you - were you aware of the day one Pro patch that adds a mode that favours framerate at 1080p ?
The high frame-rate mode is not yet in the game. The patch hasn't been released yet.

I'll definitely test it when the patch IS released, though.

RossoneR

Banned
I thought KZ2 & 3 were two of the most mechanically solid first-person shooters of last gen :(

Kz2 has active servers 8 years after release. With cod4 and halo 3 best fps of that gen.

Buying limited edition of Horizon at game, Nioh,Nier and MEA ll wait.

erawsd

Some idiot on [nonamesitenotgivingfreepublicity] gave it a 3.5/5
same person gave NMS a 5/5

Ever wish you could fire somebody for being THAT bad at their job? How out of sync with the industry are you at that point?

No that would be dumb, opposing opinions are a GOOD thing. Anyone concerned with being "in sync" are the ones who should be fired.

Cyborg

I am pretty sure Zelda will be better received regardless of its quality. However in terms of sales, which will sell better? I think Horizon could sell 4 million this year. Maybe 6 million lifetime. Zelda should be in a similar ball park correct? I am assuming the Switch is going to light the world on fire.

This is a Horizon Zero Dawn thread, leave Zelda out of it. Every time, every god damn time!

jonno394

Ever wish you could fire somebody for being THAT bad at their job? How out of sync with the industry are you at that point?

3.5 is the same as a 7/10, how is the reviewer an idiot for giving it 7/10? How is the reviewer also an idiot for enjoying one game more than the other, reviews are the reviewers personal opinion on the game.

overrated

giphy.gif

The Pope

This is a Horizon Zero Dawn thread, leave Zelda out of it. Every time, every god damn time!

Two open world fantasy games releasing within a few days of each other...common it fun to pointlessly speculate ;).
Edit: Maybe not in the review thread I suppose...

ChelseaLoveX

Neo Member
I am pretty sure Zelda will be better received regardless of its quality. However in terms of sales, which will sell better? I think Horizon could sell 4 million this year. Maybe 6 million lifetime. Zelda should be in a similar ball park correct? I am assuming the Switch is not going to light the world on fire.

I remember the days when we could all come together and enjoy/love video games. Why does there need to be so much competition between games? Watch a little gameplay, decide if it's a game you want to spend hours playing, and buy it if you do. Why can't there be room for this AND Zelda without it having to turn into a sales competition?

USGamer is clickbait don't click on that article people and if you do remember to put adblock on. They did a 2.5/5 so 5/10? Bullshit

Ah, it's a PS4 exclusive review thread, I see.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
User score can often be a good indication of the quality of a game unless there is some massive controversy involved (e.g. Mass Effect 3).

I don't like OverWatch
But I don't think it's a 6.7 though

I remember the days when we could all come together and enjoy/love video games. Why does there need to be so much competition between games? Watch a little gameplay, decide if it's a game you want to spend hours playing, and buy it if you do. Why can't there be room for this AND Zelda without it having to turn into a sales competition?

People with little going for them in life often live vicariously through their chosen corporation's successes, so much so that reviews that score a point or two below the trending average are seen as fishing for them clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom