• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pope

I remember the days when we could all come together and enjoy/love video games. Why does there need to be so much competition between games? Watch a little gameplay, decide if it's a game you want to spend hours playing, and buy it if you do. Why can't there be room for this AND Zelda without it having to turn into a sales competition?

Because this is an enthusiasts forum, other wise we would actually be playing games right now. I haven't played a game in like six months.... DS3 finished me off.
There is room for both of course but when two (vaguely) similar high profile titles come up within days of each other from two competing companies of course parallels are going to be drawn.
But I have said enough on this issue and judging by the poster sentiment I will drop the topic.

People really should read the Eurogamer review if they don't want their hype to be dampened by unfavourable comparisons to Witcher 3.

So weird, as Horizon is my favorite game since The Witcher 3. I understand the comparisons but I think the games compliment each other. Oh well.

oti

Banned
While the game itself seems to be 9-10 I must admit this thread is merely a 2, as far as GAF drama goes.

What happened. Did we grow up?

bigol

Witcher 3 91, Horizon 89......Does not compute. Scores are very close.
The one negative review spoke to you but none of the positive ones did, gotcha. The story and characters are getting a tonne of praise.

lol. now I heard it all.

Witcher 3 is 92% on Ps4,Horizon is a Ps4 game, why are you taking the lowest Xbox One version reviews? Horizon should receive more 10s to reach that score, but i don't think that will happen.

Looking at the past trend that score will mostly go lower than 89%, something along the lines of an 87%. It's an awesome attempt for a first RPG by Guerrilla, but it's not the masterpiece people were talking about.

The guy playing the game saying it doesn't touch The Witcher 3 or any other masterpiece games quality was spot on. It wasn't just ONE review.

d00d3n

Wow, dat critical consensus surprises me. Scores of 7-8/10 seemed more likely with Guerrilla behind the wheels, venturing into a mass market genre that they lack experience with, and that is dominated by multi-platform behemoths.

Frostman

I'm guessing we are still waiting for reviews? Uncharted had 100+.

Either way, it doesn't bother me. Really proud of Guerilla, really looking forward to the 1st.

Witcher 3 is 92% on Ps4,Horizon is a Ps4 game, why are you taking the lowest Xbox One version reviews? Horizon should receive more 10s to reach that score, but i don't think that will happen.

Looking at the past trend that score will mostly go lower than 89%, something along the lines of an 87%. It's an awesome attempt for a first RPG by Guerrilla, but it's not the masterpiece people were talking about.

The guy playing the game saying it doesn't touch The Witcher 3 or any other masterpiece games quality was spot on. It wasn't just ONE review.
Well formed opinion for someone who hasnt played the game.

What are you talking about? 89-92...3% difference is minimal, not saying its as good as TW#, they are very different, Horizon has dynamic combat.

Nioh went up in score after more reviews came in, Horizon will not get down to 87.

Did you play Horizon?

Scores are better than I expected! :D Guerrilla Games did an amazing job with its first open world and RPG game.
I like USGamer, but its score is really strange. And she thinks there isn't any memorable score in this game? I haven't played it yet, but I think music of trailer was fantastic and it was one of the best scores of this generation.

Damn that's a lot of positive reviews. I wasn't sure of the game until now but this looks good. Probably won't get it day one but it has went from maybe to definitely buying it.

ChelseaLoveX

Neo Member
Nah. If anything, the recent console war tensions is a throwback.
I remember my cousins and their friends always talking about how either this one game on their Genesis did something a game on their SNES didn't do, those kinds of back and forths. But the outcome was usually "oooh, then go get your Genesis/SNES and let's play that game today since it sounds more fun." It was always amicable, and when it wasn't, it was just nice bantering.

That has never been a thing. Sega and Nintendo fans were at each other's throats back then.
It was about the quality of games where I grew up. Which game was THE game to have/play at that moment. This is why we own multiple consoles at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom