• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you people ACTUALLY comparing a new IP that scored 88 to an Iconic Masterpiece like Zelda ?? are you joking ?

Zelda is the ONLY game that can make me buy a whole system for it alone( not gonna buy switch since it's one the wii u too

i bought 3ds for Ocraina of time 3d and Link between worlds, even though i enjoyed other games but the zelda games were my reason to buy the system

bought the worst console ever made in history, Wii u, just for Zelda Wind waker HD, enjoyed only 3 games on that shitty system, WWhd, TPhd and MH3U, and the zelda games alone are worth the purchase

the only iconic masterpiece series that is still alive in this gen that i can actually compare it to Zelda is MGS( i know it may be dead now but the last game still amazing so i'm assuming it's still alive until we see MGS 6)

This is were it derails lol. PS: Not everyone worships zelda.....and I am buying a switch for it.

xbZ2XtY.png

I said it would end up at 92. Let's see if it can push out a few more good reviews

SamNW

are you people ACTUALLY comparing a new IP that scored 88 to an Iconic Masterpiece like Zelda ?? are you joking ?

Zelda is the ONLY game that can make me buy a whole system for it alone( not gonna buy switch since it's one the wii u too

i bought 3ds for Ocraina of time 3d and Link between worlds, even though i enjoyed other games but the zelda games were my reason to buy the system

bought the worst console ever made in history, Wii u, just for Zelda Wind waker HD, enjoyed only 3 games on that shitty system, WWhd, TPhd and MH3U, and the zelda games alone are worth the purchase

the only iconic masterpiece series that is still alive in this gen that i can actually compare it to Zelda is MGS( i know it may be dead now but the last game still amazing so i'm assuming it's still alive until we see MGS 6)
Maybe...just maybe...not everyone feels the same way you do.

reKon

Banned

It would probably helpful for you to actually read the thread rather than to jump in and make this short-sighted accusation.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe some people don't hold the series in as high regard as you do?

Trace

Banned

Come on man you're better than this.

Also if you're not trolling, you have issues.

SarusGray

I have a feeling Horizon is going to get brought up in the zelda review thread.

ironcreed

Banned
Do any of these reviews go into how well this game performs on the o/g ps4?

Digital Foundry has already put up a video and it is posted in this very thread. It is 1080p and runs mostly smooth as can be at 30fps, dropping only a frame or two every now and then. In other words, it is fantastic.

Cyborg

Listen to Memento.

Do you realize that what you're saying is really quite personal, right?

bombshell

Yeah. I thought it was AH-Loy.

It's A-Loy. I've been saying Ah-Loy. Just like some type of metal lol

The name is an intentional slight variation of the metal alloy. Just like there's another character in the game called Rost (rust). Possibly others if it's a game wide theme.

Great to see a major, high budget new franchise pay off for once. Sony's commitment to new franchises keeps me coming back, and honestly the PS4 generation has been a little slow in that regard.

Not

Banned

With this post, you've done the most "comparing" in this thread thus far.

Elandyll

Banned
I have a feeling that Ars and Kotaku are going to be 9s, even 9.5 or 10s...
They read like that at least.

Ars
Horizon is huge in every way that counts, and it should be celebrated for doing what too many games don't these days: telling an enthralling, time-consuming journey that's already complete on the disc—and one we'll remember for years to come.

Kotaku
To play Guerilla Games’ Horizon: Zero Dawn is to feel awe.

When would Edge's score normally come out? Along with the mag I guess? (In a week or so maybe?)

fastmower

Please stop.

Jim-Carrey-What-the-hell-are-you-talking-about.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom