• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowise10

Is it a budget issue? Buy a PS4. Boom.

In college and don't have a job (technically?), so I don't really have the funds for the PS4 and all the games I want on it. And all my friends are on Xbox so that's what I''ve stuck.

Probably will get one this summer, hopefully.

ViciousDS

Banned
all this talk about Zelda

you know what.....I want to watch salt and worlds to burn

even if its BY ONE POINT

I hope Zelda reviews lower by one point overall just to watch the salt baby!!!!

Both games are appearing to be GOTY contenders so win win for me. I just am really interested in seeing GAF explode if Zelda reviews lower

reKon

Banned
Bend is using modified U4 engine, so hopefully they can pull out something amazing. SP is another tech wizard, so I have no doubt.

I've been playing Infamous First Light and it's insane how good this game looks in performance mode. We're being blessed by these devs.

Is it really that deep? Unless GG missed out on a bonus or something due to the aggregate not hitting 90+, then the outrage needs to stop. The game looks great, it's reviewing well, it's likely going to spawn a sequel, and it should go on to sell pretty well.

gamerMan

Uncharted 4 has a 4/10 and a 5/10 review, yet sits at a 93 on MC. The main difference, of course, being that it has 39 perfect scores compared to Horizon's handful.

Yah and while Uncharted 4 got a metacritic higher score, I don't think that makes it a better game than Horizon Zero Dawn. Uncharted 4 was amazing, but it certainly wasn't the best Uncharted game. When it comes to gameplay, it was a pretty safe sequel. Still, it's character animation and acting was unrivaled at the time and continues to be.

Another day another reason I regret being an Xbox user 😷
These are indeed unpleasant and "triggering" posts.

If honestly, one of your biggest regret in life is buying the "wrong" gaming console (or if you regret it so much that you feel the need to post here)

Life must be really good for you, and I envy you.

Loudninja

Nerdist 4.5/5
With Horizon: Zero Dawn, Guerrilla Games has made a stunning transition to the world of open-world action RPGs with a brilliant new IP. Though there were a few graphical hiccups, and nitpicks I had about the skill tree, there’s no denying the fact that the game is a masterpiece in its own right. The mysterious narrative, strategic gameplay, and beautiful world making this a title worth exploring and one you won’t want to miss. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a few more side missions to track down.
http://nerdist.com/horizon-zero-dawn-is-the-machine-hunting-action-rpg-of-your-dreams-review/

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Being really lazy now, there's any good discussion in this thread that isn't centered around US Gamer or Zelda?

Xe4

Banned
I was two points high, lol.
I knew it wasn't getting less than 85 though, with early impressions, the leaked review, and the embargo date.

Good job Guerrilla!

reKon

Banned
Is it really that deep? Unless GG missed out on a bonus or something due to the aggregate not hitting 90+, then the outrage needs to stop. The game looks great, it's reviewing well, it's likely going to spawn a sequel, and it should go on to sell pretty well.

where is it?

Being really lazy now, there's any good discussion in this thread that isn't centered around US Gamer or Zelda?
Loud ninja is doing God's work and posting more reviews. A couple recent posts about Sony wws studios doing better and knocking it out of the park, Bloodborne isn't a new IP etc

Were is this outrage you speak of?

I see we've reached the "Bloodborne isn't a new IP" stage of the modern review thread.

lol, some shit never goes away,

Nowise10

These are indeed unpleasant and "triggering" posts.

If honestly, one of your biggest regret in life is buying the "wrong" gaming console (or if you regret it so much that you feel the need to post here)

Life must be really good for you, and I envy you.

Just expressing my opinion, been using Xbox for games for a decade now. This generation though I really wish I was on PS4 as this is like PS4's 5th exclusive game that's reviewing tremendously?

And where are Earth did I ever say it was my biggest regrets lmao? You are putting words in my mouth completely.

I'll probably check it out when its on sale at some point. The video footage hasnt been that interesting or fun-looking. Im sure when I pick it up I'll be all over it.

silva1991

Yah and while Uncharted 4 got a metacritic higher score, I don't think that makes it a better game than Horizon Zero Dawn. Uncharted 4 was amazing, but it certainly wasn't the best Uncharted game. When it comes to gameplay, it was a pretty safe sequel. Still, it's character animation and acting was unrivaled at the time and continues to be.

Of course it doesn't. I'm 99% sure this will be better game by far for me.

People are getting angry because I questioned the experience of the US Gamer reviewer.

Apparently no qualifications are necessary to review a game, it's just an opinion that matters.

Anyway, that was probably the last "wave" of US Gamer discussion, Zelda has fizzled out as well, apologies for dumping a little fuel to the unwanted flame...I've moved on.

Peroroncino

Umm yes it would, a single score just brought it up to 89, then another back down to 88, it is on that tetering edge.

If they give it a 9 it will probably jump to 89 MC.

i see lots of you waiting and hoping for it to reach 90+

It might. I believe EDGE is weighed heavily in the MC aggregate.

No. They can give it a 10 and it wouldn't jump to a 89.

It's teetering between an 88 and 89, so a 10 from Edge would definitely shift it over.

Up to 89 now? Oh man its so close to 90. That would be amazing for a new IP performance if it can get there.

Any reviews out there still that can push it there?

Take it back!!!!!!

Oh yep, just saw that. Looks like 90 isn't gonna happen then.

qFRTrhP.gif

Just expressing my opinion, been using Xbox for games for a decade now. This generation though I really wish I was on PS4 as this is like PS4's 5th exclusive game that's reviewing tremendously?

And where are Earth did I ever say it was my biggest regrets lmao? You are putting words in my mouth completely.

To each their own, but why did you just stick with xbox? I buy whatever system has what games interest me period, i've owned Nintendo, Ms and sony consoles. PS4 lineup is crazy good I would never just have xbox only personally.

spannicus

Would have been nice if this was multiplatform that way everyone could play. I can imagine how many copies GG would sell if that was the case. Exclusives are good and bad haha

Glad it's reviewing well. Also question. The guns that drop from certain enemies/bosses you can use against them. Are those one time use only or can they be used elsewhere in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom