• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I don't see a problem with it either, I don't think he ever said there was a problem with being in for graphics though.

Yeah, sorry. It was written on your post and I thought he said that.

The point is, let's all enjoy that the game seems to be excellent and everybody can be happy at the end.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, sorry. It was written on your post and I thought he said that.

The point is, let's all enjoy that the game seems to be excellent and everybody can be happy at the end.

Agreed. I'm actually in a better place for gaming than I have been for a while tbh, I just haven't been too interested in much, but I finally got around to RE7 which blew me away, and now I got horizon in the pipeline, and that list of exclusives posted got me even more psyched, not to mention sonic mania soon :).

That Playstation Access video says the game has Mass Effect levels of depth in the dialogue wheels, letting you learn more about the lore and world if you want to, and Witcher-esque morality in that choices are not clear-cut good or bad, and can come back to bite you

Crazyorloco

Wow. Freaking great scores. Not only does this game look amazing, but it also has great content. So many Sony and Nintendo games to look forward to this year.

PS4/pro don't need it, but Horizon could be a system seller.

Patapwn

If anyone is interested the raw aggregate on metacritic currently with 74 reviews is 88.59 (6556 / 74). I don't know what voodoo weighting system metacritic has though.

For those wondering, if you remove the 5/10 you get 89.12

If anyone is interested the raw aggregate on metacritic currently with 74 reviews is 88.59 (6556 / 74). I don't know what voodoo weighting system metacritic has though.

For those wondering, if you remove the 5/10 you get 89.12
Cool beans tks for the maths...

Damn the US gamer chick!!!!! Lol

We have the PS4 gif now by xenorevlis.

dTbEziJ.gif

I liked his preview videos. How spoilery is this one?

Location and enemy spoilers. Don't watch.

But he loves it. Absolutely loves it. Says, "combat is phenomenal, and the exploration is even better..."

He also goes into the weapons a fair amount, so be warned about that as well.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I want to ask a question:
I know a media post the 4chan fake news about horizon on their site and make shitstorm
But after review this game, they still not clarify it and their user comments still thought the story is bad
Is it OK? Should Sony give the review copy to them anymore?

Vire

Fucking finally, some great new IPs.

This is what I live for when I play video games. I love sequels too just as much as the next guy, but this is what really excites me. When a game like this comes around it should be celebrated.

Ubisoft did not invent open world activities. I think the problem people have with some Ubi open world games is that the core of the game (combat, story,ect) are not compelling so it seems like the gameplay is filling percentage bars.

Horizon does not have that problem for most reviwers.

Excellent post.

gamerMan

For those who want to listen to this, Jeff Cannata is absolutely gushing over the game on the latest episode of DLC: http://5by5.tv/dlc/167

Starts at 00:29:00. No spoilers, talks mostly about systems.

I like how he said "I think Zelda is going to have to be really really good to unseat this game as game of the year. If we get some game that makes this game not game of the year, it going to have to be an incredible game."

It makes me even more excited for Horizon.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ubisoft did not invent open world activities. I think the problem people have with some Ubi open world games is that the core of the game (combat, story,ect) are not compelling so it seems like the gameplay is filling percentage bars.

Horizon does not have that problem for most reviwers.

Could also be that ubi releases bug laden nightmares.

So this has scored even with RotTR? I thought RotTR was boring, badly-written trash, so I'm really not sure what to make of this. I get the impression is going to be better, but I don't know what that says about the state of the critical industry...

Did you feel as 'confused' when Doom, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2 and countless other games got pretty much the same score? Some reaching there dude.

Guys I haven't been able to watch the Digital Foundry video yet. How do the visuals hold up on standard PS4?

Will I be missing out on a lot if I just play it there?

Just curious on how the reviews have been frozen at 74 reviews for a while now.. Is that it? or more reviews will be incoming?

Guessing this is it for Press Reviews? next is Launch Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom